U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 05:20 AM

1,791 posts, read 2,433,673 times

Advertisements

Watchout OP the Hispanic population is
booming in New Braunfels. I heard Machete 2 will be filmed there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 06:01 AM

2,600 posts, read 6,032,462 times
Give Me A Break !!!

Just stay home, we don't need people like y'all here !!!!

Old 03-27-2014, 08:26 AM

818 posts, read 981,281 times
Those are great pictures of the area. It kind of reminds me of your posts in the In-N-Out thread where you talk about cherry picking images.

Having said that, unless you took all those pictures, it is a copyright violation for you to post them without the photographers permission. [Mod cut: Orphaned -response to deleted posts]

Last edited by elnina; 03-27-2014 at 01:54 PM..

Old 03-27-2014, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unintentionallyfunny View Post
Not sure what your problem with me is, but one of your comments in this thread that was directed towards me was already removed. You should heed the warning.

As for the pictures, I am claiming none as mine and under fair use I am more than certain I am allowed use of them.
Funny, when you posted those images, you had to click a statement saying that you were either posting images that you owned or had permission to post. I am guessing you didn't read that?

Many of the pictures posted were taken by me, and they ARE copyrighted.

[Mod cut: Orphaned -the posts has been deleted]

Last edited by elnina; 03-27-2014 at 01:54 PM..

Old 03-27-2014, 09:25 AM

816 posts, read 1,474,069 times
Quote:
There are many people who have never been here and believe San Antonio is a desert city. lol
One of my favorite things is to listen to people on an airplane who have never been to SA. Inevitably I will hear, as we get ready to land and are flying over north SA, "wow, I didn't know San Antonio had so many trees!"

Old 03-27-2014, 09:31 AM

2,721 posts, read 3,407,585 times
Default Thanks for Posting,Pics are Exemplary of this city,

San Antonio is a truly beautiful city, Unintentionally Funny. Pay no heed to this San Antonio - Riff-Raff, here.
Alike to visitors, prospective relocatees and retirees.
The mentality of those posters who derive pleasure and seek but self-gratification from the most menial, self-serving,negative, mental thought processes, is very apparent. Who knows what they are thinking at the time of these lowly entries ?
San Antonio is a great city. There is no doubt of this.
Self-gratification for some on the web can find its' way in and then out by some very bizzare
and self-serving methods.
Keep snipping at the ankles of this very old city, you are easliy shaken loose.

Quote:
Not sure what your problem with me is, but one of your comments in this thread that was directed towards me was already removed. You should heed the warning.

As for the pictures, I am claiming none as mine and under fair use I am more than certain I am allowed use of them.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post
San Antonio is a truly beautiful city, Unintentionally Funny. Pay no heed to this San Antonio - Riff-Raff, here.
Alike to visitors, prospective relocatees and retirees.
The mentality of those posters who derive pleasure and seek but self-gratification from the most menial, self-serving,negative, mental thought processes, is very apparent. Who knows what they are thinking at the time of these lowly entries ?
San Antonio is a great city. There is no doubt of this.
Self-gratification for some on the web can find its' way in and then out by some very bizzare
and self-serving methods.
Keep snipping at the ankles of this very old city, you are easliy shaken loose.

I lived in San Antonio for more than 2 decades. I have a lot of fond memories of the city. You're right, there are a lot of good things about San Antonio.

There are also a lot of bad things about San Antonio, just like any other city.

I can't count the number of times on this forum I have read comments from people saying things like 'you should have done more research before you moved here to find out it wasn't for you...'. The problem with statements like those is, a lot of people come here to do research and, after relocating, come back and say that the city isn't all it was reported to be. Inevitably the response will be, 'you should have done more research before you moved here to find out it wasn't for you...'.

There are A LOT of San Antonio cheerleaders on this forum that love nothing more than to talk about how great the city is and belittle anyone with a different opinion. I have no problem with people taking pride in where they live. I couldn't be happier with my new city of residence.

What I do have a problem with is people not allowing anyone to have an opinion contrary to "San Antonio = Utopia' (the mythical city, not the one west of SA).

People frequently come to City Data for information about a city before relocating. It is only fair that they hear all aspects and all opinions.

I have been critical of San Antonio. I have also had positive things to say about the city. I like to think that my opinion is fair, but certainly nothing more than one opinion.

City Data is becoming less civil by the day. It is frustrating to come here and try to share experiences and opinions without getting constantly hammered on by others with different opinions. I will own up to some of that because, when confronted, I tend to respond the same way.

I have also come to know a lot of people here by nothing more than their screen names but I like the things they say or the way they say them so much, I would gladly welcome them to my home. I have no doubts we would be good friends.

It would be nice if people could share a thought here without being ridiculed for it. If you disagree with an opinion, there is definitely a way to respectfully, if not constructively, present the opposing view.

Just one man's opinion...

Old 03-27-2014, 09:57 AM

702 posts, read 608,007 times
I think there are a lot of people who feel San Antonio is a wasteland ala Mad Max patrolled by roving bands of vicious banditos and prefer living in Dallas. They are called Dallasites.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:51 AM

1,004 posts, read 1,171,433 times
I'm posting this link I found on the Internet. Photos are by Mr. Larry White.
I hope you will enjoy them as much as I have.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...63738703,d.cWc

Old 03-27-2014, 12:50 PM

2,260 posts, read 4,938,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim&gia View Post
Sorry to sound so ignorant. I feel like an idiot. My husband and I are planning a trip to scout New Braunfels as a possible place to move in the next year but some friends scared us a little. We live in southwest CO. We've not yet visited Texas (hence the trip) but some friends told us "oh, no! New Braunfels is right by San Antonio and San Antonio is really dirty and rough! It's like that movie Machete. Lots of violent immigrants! It's a dangerous place, practically a border town. Too close to NB. Go north to suburb of DFW area..." But we know it's by SA, that actually seemed convenient. We are so tired of snow and want to be warm and live in a water community (lake or beach) with close proximity to a big city. We love boating and fishing, are even considering Rockport as well but it's very hot and somewhat remote. I'd be happy to never see snow again! We don't have kids, early 40s. I"m a hairstylist and fitness instructor. Husband is on disability from a work accident. The cold makes it way worse. We want a quiet, friendly community with a big lake to go boating (pontoon, fishing not racing) and some big city amenities with a population of about 30,000-100,000. NB seemed perfect!

So is SA really all that scary and is NB like living on the edge of Mexico?
To answer your last question, no and no. San Antonio is a big city and like every other big ciy on the planet, it has nice parts and not so nice parts. I moved here in 1997 from St. Louis and have chosen to stay despite opportunity to move elsewhere. I can honestly say I love living here. I LOVE the weather, and I love all the fairs and festivals and art and live music and I love our downtown.

That said, of course San Antonio isn't perfect. Name me a perfect city. There's no such thing! Apparently traffic can be atrocious (I live close to work and don't have to get on the highway so traffic is nothing for me). I also miss having a Major League Baseball team. I miss having a good public transportation system. I miss green summers. I miss houses that don't start looking beat down from exposure after ten or so years.

I'd advise you to come visit before you move. Drive around a bit, get a feel for the place.

And yeah, New Braunfels is as much like Mexico as St. Louis is, which is to say not at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or