U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 02:04 PM

14 posts, read 141,100 times

Advertisements

i live umm i dont really know like off of rittamen road or somethin, its like 5 min from fort sam houston

Old 12-07-2007, 02:07 PM

1,423 posts, read 2,987,246 times
California, I would be glad to bake you some cookies. There are "mean spirited folk" everywhere you wonder. I hope you find some "friendly spirits" soon.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:08 PM

its crazy how different it is here. I expected a change but EVERYTHING is different. Okay i do love that super walmart is EVERYWHERE and there is a sonic on every corner, and gas is a little cheaper. But the highways are different, the stoplights are sideways hehe, and i saw pickled sausage........ EWWWWW and sour pickles? What is that.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:09 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,816 posts, read 33,144,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahmom View Post
maybe you're looking for the negitive now.
That's what I got from OP's post, too. If you look for negative aspects in the place you are, you'll definitely find them. The corollary to that is that if you give off attitude, you'll get it back in most places, too.

My suggestion to OP would be to look for different communities within SA that meet your expectations. If you don't connect with the people at your place of worship, try a different one. If you don't like the grocery store that's closest to you, try a different one. And so on... You're in one of the largest cities in the country. Surely there are people somewhere in the city with whom you will feel that you fit in.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:15 PM

616 posts, read 1,854,661 times
If you read more of the boards, you will see a lot of your questions have been answered. For a while, it was like Grocery Store Survivor here, with many different companies all competing, but HEB, which is the local outfit, outwitted, outplayed, and outlasted everyone else by having lower prices, more locations and a product people liked better. The last real holdout was Albertsons, who pulled out completely in about 02. If you don't like HEB, there is always Super WalMart and Super Target.

The rest of it, I can't help you with. I went to the mall with my friend and her new baby and had a lot of people come up and coo over the baby. I see people smiling and waving and being friendly. I will give you the bad roads.

The bad drivers though...I'm from here. I don't remember the drivers being this bad. It's gotten worse over the years, which I think is a combo of transplants unfamiliar with the roads and a road system that is being completely overhauled and constantly shifts and changes depending on what is being worked on at any particular time.

I'm sorry, and I hope you can overcome your homesickness and make a life for as long as you are here.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:17 PM

1,423 posts, read 2,987,246 times
How long have you been in SA? Sounds like you are going through an adjustment period. Moving is stressful but I am sure that things will get better for you soon.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:21 PM

i have been here a week. and my husband is in the army which is stressful too. I feel better talking to some people from here atleast i know there are some nice people in san antonio. And i didnt know there was a super target, that just brightened my day

Old 12-07-2007, 02:25 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,352,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiaismyhome View Post
can someone tell me the good part of this town? U know where the people are actually nice

You know, I don't intend this to be rude or sound rude, but this comment of yours and most all the comments you've made about San Antonio just may be at least a part of the key to your problem.

If the attitude of contempt and disdain that echoes in your post is at all present with you in real life, then I'm not at all surprised that you haven't found San Antonio to be pleasant.

I also grew up in California, Southern Calif, with relatives and friends in No Calif, including specifically Sacramento. So I also have some exposure to the same parts of the country as you do.

Frankly, I find San Antonio, overall, to be a very beautiful city.
Drive down the highways and look out over the rolling vistas of hills and groves of live oak....
Drive northbound on I-10 from the 410, through the city at nighttime.... it is stunning....
as well as being charming during the daytime hours....

Look up at what is probably 90% of the time the GEEEEOrgeous blue skies and clouds so fluffy and so white you think they're going to fall right down out of the sky....

I never ever saw that in Sacramento......

For your sake, I'm sorry you made the move here, only to find it so distasteful, in YOUR eyes..... Perhaps you'd be happier going back home??

Old 12-07-2007, 02:33 PM

http://www.city-data.com/forum/823773-post7.html that explains it i live in a red zone

Old 12-07-2007, 02:34 PM

10,864 posts, read 11,914,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiaismyhome View Post
i live umm i dont really know like off of rittamen road or somethin, its like 5 min from fort sam houston
You're not exactly in the nicest part of town (in my opinion). If you miss California, head over to the Stone Oak area and you'll probably feel right at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio