Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 11:30 PM

1,241 posts, read 4,333,332 times

Advertisements

Good Time Charlies for me. I know you would not normally order Pork Chops but believe me, order the Jumbo Pork Chops. Awesome!!! Or, maybe the Chicken Fried Steak. Also good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2008, 10:32 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,192,109 times
For the best and largest ultimate "grease-bomb" around it's The Lord's Kitchen. But they are so-o-o-o-o-o good. You won't even care if you clog up your arteries.

The Lord's Kitchen, San Antonio, TX

Old 05-25-2008, 10:36 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Forest View Post
For the best and largest ultimate "grease-bomb" around it's The Lord's Kitchen. But they are so-o-o-o-o-o good. You won't even care if you clog up your arteries.

The Lord's Kitchen, San Antonio, TX
We went looking for that place one Saturday, couldn't find it, gave up and went to Armadillo's instead. Which was good, I might add.

Where is that dang place????

Old 05-25-2008, 10:41 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,192,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
We went looking for that place one Saturday, couldn't find it, gave up and went to Armadillo's instead. Which was good, I might add.

Where is that dang place????
Click on location on their website. It's a hard place to find and very out-of-the way. It's over by the UP railyards, accessible from the New Braunfels cut-off from I-35N. Turn right at the light, then almost an immediate left (Osbourne St.), go to the stop sign and turn right. Turn right again when you get to Seguin st. It'll be up the road on your left. Parking is almost non-existent.

Old 05-26-2008, 12:16 AM

1,425 posts, read 3,314,373 times
I just discovered an excellent restaurant called "Little Aussie" or something of that nature on Ave B off Broadway. I have never seen such good looking desserts. The food is unique, eclectic and made with fresh ingredients daily by the owner and her family. This place has great food! Can't wait to go back and try everything on the menu! By the way... the food is gluten free but the taste is not sacrificed... infact, it is better tasting.

Old 05-26-2008, 12:21 AM

1,425 posts, read 3,314,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Candelight is nice, not dressy, but as it tends to be a gay hangout (plenty of straight folks too), there are usually a lot of well dressed, well coiffed men

It's a cafe sort of place, quiet-ish, has some couches but also tables and a courtyard.

La Frite is definitely dressier, tho we're pretty casual when we go and we usually bring the little one.
I have not been impressed with Candlelight for a long while... the last time I was there they served me up something that tasted like Dinty Moore stew and their cake was from HEB and a few days old. I won't go back after that experience.

Old 05-26-2008, 01:04 AM

2,649 posts, read 7,437,451 times
Can't believe I haven't added my choices.
Cappy's, Tong's Thai, The Silo (on Austin highway), Volare, Crumpets, Twin Sisters cafe, Ez's (The original on Brees), Paesano's (lincoln heights), Gengis Khan, Earl Abel's, Tomatillos, El Jarro de Arturo, Fuddruckers (The one and only original north of 410 between Nacogdoches and Broadway)

Old 05-26-2008, 09:43 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,023,382 times
I also wanted to add Shisha Cafe and Chef Chan's Tea House. I found Chef Chan's Tea House this weekend and they were serving dim sum. It was very authentic. When we arrived we were the only non asians there. I like Shisha Cafe because the food is good and we get to sit outside and smoke the hookah. Anyway, those are two more I'm adding to my list.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:48 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,552,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
I have not been impressed with Candlelight for a long while... the last time I was there they served me up something that tasted like Dinty Moore stew and their cake was from HEB and a few days old. I won't go back after that experience.
Ah, that's too bad. Admittedly it's been some time since we've been there. We used to go often, just haven't done so for awhile.

(It always seems like just yesterday we were at some place, then I realize it's been months...where does the time go?!)

Old 05-27-2008, 12:22 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,292,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Greed View Post
Good Time Charlies for me. I know you would not normally order Pork Chops but believe me, order the Jumbo Pork Chops. Awesome!!! Or, maybe the Chicken Fried Steak. Also good.
Ah, yes. Good Time Charlie's!!! Best gravy for chicken fried steak AND best steak and queso on the planet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio