U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-08-2007, 10:23 PM

28 posts, read 83,170 times
Default Rogers ranch vs. Stone Oak

We just moved to San Antonio. We are thinking about purchasing a home in Rogers Ranch. Would like to know how would people think about that area. Is the house pricing in Rogers Ranch already over priced? Because my feel the similar house in Rogers Ranch is listed more than Stone oak. But I am concerned about stone oak traffic. Can anyone know the area well share some thoughts?
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2007, 08:25 AM

8,510 posts, read 6,516,119 times
We looked at some home in Rogers Ranch and they seemed way too close together for my taste. If your gonna spend the money, I do not want my neighbors house 12 feet from mine.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:02 AM

409 posts, read 1,050,932 times
We looked at Roger's Ranch also. We just didn't find 'the one'! There are nice amenities there. We bought/built in ALamo Ranch and are really glad we did. It was actually a sales person at Roger's that encouraged us to take the drive over to Alamo. He was rtght! For us, it just works! Wishing you th ebest in your search; your gem is waiting for you somewhere out there!

Old 12-09-2007, 09:26 AM

Location: 281 north of 1604 - otherwise known as traffic hell
450 posts, read 1,065,060 times
There is a neighborhood in between. The Renaissance at the Vineyards. If you like the amenities of the homes in Rogers Ranch - Mercedes Homes and Prestige Homes - both are building there - should fit your eye.

It is on the corner of Huebner and 1604 behind Concordia. Literally one exit closer to Stone Oak than Rogers Ranch. The traffic leaving in the morning is less than Rogers Ranch and you are close to everything you need. My wife and I want to build in there so bad, we just can't afford it quite yet.

I will tell you the Mercedes model is amazing inside. Lots more like a custom home than a production builder. The outside color can be a tad off putting, but don't let that scare you away. Evidently the builder, a new one to SA, wanted to stand out and have people stop by just to see what was up with the home.

Prestige is nice too. More of a conventional model with very nice amenities. My wife and I are personally sold on the Mercedes model - we just have to do some saving now.

I know I sound like a commercial - not my point. I was hoping to show that there is an in between. Especially in that price point. The Vineyards is out the outskirts of SO but not quite as far removed from the shopping and amenities as Rogers Ranch. I can't help but talk up the Mercedes home because my wife and I are in love with it.

Maybe you should check the neighborhood out.

Old 12-14-2007, 12:41 AM

28 posts, read 83,170 times
Thanks. I just visited Mercedes homes website. The new house at Renaissance is even more expensive than those at Rogers Ranch.

Alamo Ranch seesm have a lot of new constructions and much more affordable, but would be a little bit far from my work. Besides, I am not quite sure about the shcools. At first I thought we could get a desirable house in mid to upper $200, now it seems that we have to spend more, maybe in the $300K for the area outside 1604 close to I-10. :-((

Old 02-20-2008, 11:51 AM

95 posts, read 242,526 times
We are currently building at The Renaissance with Mercedes and are SO excited. They included so much more than any other builder we saw. Customer service thus far has been superior. That, plus the great location (good schools and just off 1604), made it "the package". Yes, it was more expensive, but we really didn't have to do too much in upgrades -- they were all included! Now I'm sounding like a commercial, but we're believers and can't wait.

Old 02-20-2008, 01:31 PM

1,740 posts, read 3,748,080 times
If you want large homes on spacious lots check out The Quarry at Iron Mountain off Hardy Oak at Sontera. It has the best location of any new neighborhood in Stone Oak - because you can come and go to 1604 and/or 281 without going on Stone Oak Parkway. Hardy Oak dead ends into 1604 and you can use the Stone Oak exist on 1604 when heading west. Also, Sontera has a dedicated exit for 281. Much better than any other neighborhood in Stone Oak. Also - the lots are a minimum 1/4 acre, the builder uses 16" on center framing, 100% brick exteriors (standard), kitchens that are just incredible. available three car garages on all plans a great community pool. We are building a home (signed papers in december and framing is set to begin this week.) The plan we are building is no longer available - but the new plans are nice as well.

Best of luck in your search.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:45 PM

458 posts, read 616,442 times
The new plans in the Quarry by KB might be nice to some people, but once you compare them to what plans they used to allow you to build (until the end of January), I think most people would conclude that the new plans are not as complete in features or as attractive. Of course, KB didn't drop prices either when they switched to the new narrower footprints. IMO, they would have been better off keeping the plans away from the Quarry.

Even one of the salespersons there told us the same when we looked at homes there in January -- of course, when we were ready to build and asked for a quote well before the date they were switching over to the new plans, they delayed in getting back to us and then said they could not build an older plan anymore. Oh well.

Great for those of you that got in before the switch and who knows, some of you might actually like one of the new plans.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:48 PM

458 posts, read 616,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgly View Post
We just moved to San Antonio. We are thinking about purchasing a home in Rogers Ranch. Would like to know how would people think about that area. Is the house pricing in Rogers Ranch already over priced? Because my feel the similar house in Rogers Ranch is listed more than Stone oak. But I am concerned about stone oak traffic. Can anyone know the area well share some thoughts?
The other thing to note regarding Rogers Ranch is what subdivision your home will be in as if affects the school district your kids will attend. Basically, if you are in Crosstimber or Falling Brook (both older neighborhoods), you are in NEISD. If you are in Point Bluff or Salado Creek, you are in NISD.

Old 02-25-2008, 12:31 AM

733 posts, read 2,301,772 times
Considering the strip-mine look and feel to Iron Mountain, I would avoid that area out of principle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio