U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-12-2008, 03:20 PM
 
3,468 posts, read 5,455,576 times
Reputation: 1588
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsGuysRule View Post
Hahah.... you beat me to it, Julesie...
Birds of a feather, great minds, etc etc... LOL....
ahee hee hee!! (goofy, snickering) I beat you to it by about 3 months!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-12-2008, 08:26 PM
 
116 posts, read 309,943 times
Reputation: 47
Default Ditto

We did all of those things mentioned before, the cleaning, de-cluttering, no personal pictures, clean closets...(yes they do look, I know I did when I bought the house) the cookies on the platter, we also had fresh flowers in vases in the dining room and living room (nothing fancy, just what we picked up Sams or HEB), we also bought a classical music CD that we'd play very softly in the background. We signed our contract to list the house with the realtor on Jan 15 and closed March 1st.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2008, 09:40 AM
 
Location: central Florida
320 posts, read 876,165 times
Reputation: 210
Hi Guys....
It's to the point that hubby and I have to get goin'! Our last agent recommends we get some advice from a "stager". Last time I posted I think you guys had some suggestions for me......any ideas. Feel free to DM me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2008, 10:25 AM
 
Location: San Antonio
1,208 posts, read 2,938,187 times
Reputation: 500
Anyone have a recommendation for a really good realtor ??? who will do what they say they are going to do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2009, 01:46 PM
 
1 posts, read 727 times
Reputation: 10
Hi Jules07 and PopGuysRule

I have a vacant house in San Antonio that I think needs to be staged. Would you please forward your "pal stager's" contact info to me directly. We've moved to north Tx and need to get that house in SA sold.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2009, 08:43 PM
 
4,791 posts, read 9,543,110 times
Reputation: 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutty09 View Post
Hi Jules07 and PopGuysRule

I have a vacant house in San Antonio that I think needs to be staged. Would you please forward your "pal stager's" contact info to me directly. We've moved to north Tx and need to get that house in SA sold.

Thanks!
Hey there Nutty....I "think" I'm the pal that Jules and Pops mentioned.

You mentioned that your house here is vacant? and you are no longer in town?
I am maxed out on inventory to "stage" a vacant property. I'm finding that many stagers across the country are in the same boat. I can't stress enough to homeowners to stage their homes with their own furnishings before they move. I realize that it's too late for you at this point. Try googling "staged homes San Antonio" and see if you find any experienced stagers with inventory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2009, 07:07 AM
 
Location: San Antonio
394 posts, read 998,837 times
Reputation: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Hey there Nutty....I "think" I'm the pal that Jules and Pops mentioned.

You mentioned that your house here is vacant? and you are no longer in town?
I am maxed out on inventory to "stage" a vacant property. I'm finding that many stagers across the country are in the same boat. I can't stress enough to homeowners to stage their homes with their own furnishings before they move. I realize that it's too late for you at this point. Try googling "staged homes San Antonio" and see if you find any experienced stagers with inventory.
Cat, would it be possible for someone to "rent" furniture for the staging or is that cost prohibitive? Maybe they could rent minimal items. Course, they need some "deco" items to go along with the furniture too....

Totally agree that (too late now) it's best to leave your furniture and deco items in the house til it's sold. Even if that means renting furniture or something in the new place for a while.

Good luck Nutty in finding someone to stage if for you. I'm positive it will be money well spent!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2009, 07:51 AM
 
4,791 posts, read 9,543,110 times
Reputation: 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by KY Filly View Post
Cat, would it be possible for someone to "rent" furniture for the staging or is that cost prohibitive? Maybe they could rent minimal items. Course, they need some "deco" items to go along with the furniture too....

Totally agree that (too late now) it's best to leave your furniture and deco items in the house til it's sold. Even if that means renting furniture or something in the new place for a while.

Good luck Nutty in finding someone to stage if for you. I'm positive it will be money well spent!
KYF....yes...renting is possible and we've rented a few pieces on occasion. Their are challenges with renting furniture, however, 1) the rental companies in SA have a very limited inventory.....and for a high end home, are completely inadequate. 2) the rental contract requires a deposit plus 3 months minimum ....even if you don't use it for three months, they can pick it up, but you still pay the full amount 3) the contract is between the homeowner and rental co...so out of towners have a logistics problem. It's possible.....anything is possible! Part of staging is being creative....

I've found that every home that needs staging has a completely unique set of requirements. There are many ways to stage a house....and sometimes even a partial staging is better than nothing. I'm in touch with this poster and will try to help her get connected with someone that can fit her needs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2009, 09:54 PM
 
68 posts, read 239,050 times
Reputation: 100
Default Also, have really good professional photos done!

First off I want you to know that I am a professional photographer, but that wouldn't change my advice to you- you must have really good, professional photos done. 86% of all buyers today look on the internet first and great photos help to grab their attention and get them to actually grab the phone and set an appt. to come see your house- the more people who come to your house the more likely you'll get a contract. We just moved here 10 days ago and our house sold site unseen in South Carolina to people in Canada. Our pictures were great. HGTV even found our pictures on the internet and wanted to feature our house on one of their shows. Don't trust a realtor to take the pictures- realtors aren't professional photographers. The top- cream of the crop realtors use professionals to photograph the property. Good photos help to turn a listing into a sold property. The cost is not prohibitive either- particularly when you consider this is your biggest investment. Staging and good photos move you straight up people's wish list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2009, 06:05 AM
 
1,051 posts, read 1,633,369 times
Reputation: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by CameraGirl View Post
First off I want you to know that I am a professional photographer, but that wouldn't change my advice to you- you must have really good, professional photos done. 86% of all buyers today look on the internet first and great photos help to grab their attention and get them to actually grab the phone and set an appt. to come see your house- the more people who come to your house the more likely you'll get a contract. We just moved here 10 days ago and our house sold site unseen in South Carolina to people in Canada. Our pictures were great. HGTV even found our pictures on the internet and wanted to feature our house on one of their shows. Don't trust a realtor to take the pictures- realtors aren't professional photographers. The top- cream of the crop realtors use professionals to photograph the property. Good photos help to turn a listing into a sold property. The cost is not prohibitive either- particularly when you consider this is your biggest investment. Staging and good photos move you straight up people's wish list.
That is how we found out house. We were across the country so I did lots of searching online. We saw 8 houses the first day we got down here-one of them was one I really liked because of the pictures I saw online. That was the house we ended up buying. There were houses I didn't even look at online because the pictures were grainy, or didn't show the practicality the house might have offered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top