U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2014, 05:43 PM

2,721 posts, read 3,398,934 times

Advertisements

If...you have some remarkable extenuating circumstance, sort of to "excuse" your being in the wrong place at the wrong time and were only a victim of circumstance, they may be understanding of this, and overlook on a trial basis your pre-employment background check. A probationary employment period is plausible.
After all this isn't employment at NASA that is being discussed. It is the oil patch. There are likely some
unangelic types already out there. I am familiar with this and some crazy stuff goes on out there.

But if you merely committed a B&Enter , or were someplace you were not supposed to be due to violating a Personal Restraining order by your ex-wife or into some other unlikely circumstance, you are unlikely to be hired.
Some mistakes are uredeemable. Over the short term. It is worth a try. If you are clean.

Old 05-08-2014, 11:14 PM

4,169 posts, read 3,042,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by therren View Post
Does anyone know of any oilfield companies that are willing to hir someone on parole? Conviction is for "burglary". Sounds worse than it actually is. The burglary was entering my own home (with keys in hand) after hurricane to collect a few of my young sons personal items. I am in desperate need of a good paying job.
Do you have a CDL?

If so, PM me, and I'll give you some contact information.

Old 05-09-2014, 10:48 AM

5,239 posts, read 6,727,514 times
Why would he come back? Rather than address the very specific question of his thread people assumed he wasn't telling the truth and wanted to focus on that. Without knowing his entire story including the location of the offense no one here can say for certain whether it's the truth or not. It could be a complicated story but he owes us no explanation. And besides that wasn't the topic of the thread.

I have read some of the North Dakota threads regarding those looking for oil field work and they said the big companies won't hire someone with a record, but indicated the smaller subcontractors were a better bet for those folks.

Old 05-09-2014, 12:25 PM

117 posts, read 131,733 times
There are certainly enough felons in the oilfield. Doesn't mean there should be more. Like I said: I would prefer working around people who are not going to get me killed.

Old 05-09-2014, 02:00 PM

5,239 posts, read 6,727,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clay1 View Post
There are certainly enough felons in the oilfield. Doesn't mean there should be more. Like I said: I would prefer working around people who are not going to get me killed.
But then who's to say the guy with no record always works with safety in mind, is never negligent or takes the easy way, or may have personal problems that effect his work. And I've known some real slime balls that didn't have a record too. Anyway opinions regarding whether there should be felons in the oil fields are better left for another section of the forum.

Old 05-09-2014, 02:13 PM

Default A Debt or explanation ?

Noone stated the original poster owed anything to anyone here. A few have offered their take on this post. None has claimed further explanation was due. South Dakota?
A few web eyebrows were raised because sometimes people will enter bogus posts here. It happens all of the time. Dishonesty happens here. Some are easily recognizable, blatantly dumb.
Some members here are police officers and can recognize the legal intricacies of these posts.
If, this fellow "Therren" is indeed "desperate" and so needy for an oilfield job of course he would come back to see what opportunities may be offered or what solutions are proffered his way via these posts.

Of course noone here can say for certain if this is a serious post or not. I do -posess ESP however- and can prognosticate many things...only sometimes, can I foretell dishonesty. I am getting nothing from this post however.
I shall try again....
Nope, get no vibes from this, Therren, nothing for certain. We will have to "wing it".
I believe him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Why would he come back? Rather than address the very specific question of his thread people assumed he wasn't telling the truth and wanted to focus on that. Without knowing his entire story including the location of the offense no one here can say for certain whether it's the truth or not. It could be a complicated story but he owes us no explanation. And besides that wasn't the topic of the thread.

I have read some of the North Dakota threads regarding those looking for oil field work and they said the big companies won't hire someone with a record, but indicated the smaller subcontractors were a better bet for those folks.

Old 05-09-2014, 07:04 PM

8,400 posts, read 20,075,328 times
If he was sincere, he'd be back posting on here but so far that hasn't happened. Given the suspicious nature of his claims, and the fact that he hasn't offered any further explanation of his situation; I don't see any true motivation in finding a job especially since he doesn't seem to be up front about his past.

Perhaps the truth is that he wasn't being totally honest about his legal troubles and realized that being less than truthful isn't going to help him find a job. While there are ex-cons working in the oil fields, I can pretty much assure you that their history is known by their employer. I've also been up to North Dakota several times in the past couple of years and am pretty sure it's the same there. From what I've seen at both locations, the operations are pretty much the same; and no company is going to risk a multi-million dollar operation in the hands of someone who is less than honest with them...

Old 05-09-2014, 11:11 PM

818 posts, read 979,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
If he was sincere, he'd be back posting on here but so far that hasn't happened. Given the suspicious nature of his claims, and the fact that he hasn't offered any further explanation of his situation; I don't see any true motivation in finding a job especially since he doesn't seem to be up front about his past.

Perhaps the truth is that he wasn't being totally honest about his legal troubles and realized that being less than truthful isn't going to help him find a job. While there are ex-cons working in the oil fields, I can pretty much assure you that their history is known by their employer. I've also been up to North Dakota several times in the past couple of years and am pretty sure it's the same there. From what I've seen at both locations, the operations are pretty much the same; and no company is going to risk a multi-million dollar operation in the hands of someone who is less than honest with them...
Or, maybe he was telling the truth and someone PMed him about a job and he doesn't feel the need to come back and talk about it. Some people always see the glass half-empty I guess...

Old 05-10-2014, 12:07 PM

892 posts, read 1,588,486 times
I agree people need to stick to the OP question and NOT give their 2 cents on his conviction.

In the oilfield at this current time, there is ALOT of jobs available. However most of the big name companies will not hire anyone with felons. They do stick to this rule so don't waste your time in applying for them. The good news is there are many smaller mom and pop companies that overlook certain situations and they pay the same as big ones, sometimes even more. If you are pretty flexible in location you should look more in Midland area where there is more going on. Here is too but in different way and more spread out. There you will find more condensed in terms of smaller companies. Just make sure you are honest.It will take effort on your part but don't give up. Good luck!

Old 05-10-2014, 05:37 PM

Default Censorship, Yea right,

We don't have... to or need to stick to the question of the original post, but can claim parts of it for dissection. There is two cents worth of your opinion back to you.
Help if and when we can with advice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laina1980 View Post
I agree people need to stick to the OP question and NOT give their 2 cents on his conviction.

In the oilfield at this current time, there is ALOT of jobs available. However most of the big name companies will not hire anyone with felons. They do stick to this rule so don't waste your time in applying for them. The good news is there are many smaller mom and pop companies that overlook certain situations and they pay the same as big ones, sometimes even more. If you are pretty flexible in location you should look more in Midland area where there is more going on. Here is too but in different way and more spread out. There you will find more condensed in terms of smaller companies. Just make sure you are honest.It will take effort on your part but don't give up. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio