U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 09:21 AM

8,400 posts, read 20,109,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vankai View Post
Academy Sports would be nice.
There was a rumor that the old HEB at Bandera and 1604 was going to become an Academy, which would have been great; but unfortunately that didn't happen...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2014, 04:27 PM

874 posts, read 1,157,615 times
There has been no update to the MDP. Once again, I believe they are simply dressing up the property to make it more attractive for sale.

Old 06-01-2014, 08:50 PM

6,143 posts, read 8,600,974 times
There's an Academy at NW Military and 1604. That's just a few exits down. Academys are pretty spaced out (410 and Vance Jackson, NW military/1604, Potranco/1604, 410/Perrin Beitel). The area near Kyle Seale could be served by either the NW Military location or the Potranco location.

I would like to see the area remain undeveloped for some time. It's nice to see some green in the area.

Old 06-02-2014, 11:46 PM

7,629 posts, read 14,341,690 times
I honestly think they "missed the boat"....held out too long on the old homestead.

Old 06-03-2014, 11:34 AM

1 posts, read 1,450 times
There are two possibilities :
Retail or housing.

With so much retail already at La Cantera and at Bandera it seems likely that there will be more, plus 1604 does not have an on ramp between Kyle Seale and Hausman, that would have the location more attractive for retail.

So I think it's more likely that the land will be used for housing: I'm talking apartment complex. I'd hate to see that happen, as it will impact a whole bunch of things like traffic, school boundaries, crime rates, property prices etc. but if had to bet money, I'd say most likely apartment complex. They are popping up everywhere.

Old 06-03-2014, 03:59 PM

8,400 posts, read 20,109,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
There's an Academy at NW Military and 1604. That's just a few exits down. Academys are pretty spaced out (410 and Vance Jackson, NW military/1604, Potranco/1604, 410/Perrin Beitel). The area near Kyle Seale could be served by either the NW Military location or the Potranco location.
Both are 15-20 minutes away from the Bandera/1604 interchange, one of the largest growing areas in the city. It makes more sense in that location than either the Potranco or NW Military locations, especially given the fact that Rt 16/Bandera road is a main route into the Hill Country!

Plus, there's an HEB at 1604 and Culebra and 1604 and Bandera; if that company felt the need to put two stores within 5 miles of each other than why not Academy?!?

Quote:
I would like to see the area remain undeveloped for some time. It's nice to see some green in the area.
So would I, but that's a pipe dream. I don't see a slow-down in the rabid development of this part of SA until we run out of water...

Old 06-03-2014, 04:05 PM

6,143 posts, read 8,600,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Both are 15-20 minutes away from the Bandera/1604 interchange, one of the largest growing areas in the city. It makes more sense in that location than either the Potranco or NW Military locations, especially given the fact that Rt 16/Bandera road is a main route into the Hill Country!

If you look at the other locations I mentioned, they are all about 15/20 minutes away from each other. The locations are as follows:
10/1604
281/1604
35/1604
410/Jackson Keller
410/Perrin Beitel
410/Military
1604/Potranco
SW Military/Flores

If anyone needs an Academy it's the East side.

It's consistent throughout the city. There is also a Dick's right at La Cantera. While they aren't the same store I don't know how successful an Academy at Kyle Seale would be with the Dick's there.

Quote:
Plus, there's an HEB at 1604 and Culebra and 1604 and Bandera; if that company felt the need to put two stores within 5 miles of each other than why not Academy?!?
Maybe you should call HEB and ask them. And while you're at it ask them for an Old Navy, a Target, a Wal-Mart, a movie theater and perhaps even a Chilis. Then you'll be able to hold yell out your window and have them bring your food, your clothes and your hunting gear (or whatever it is you get from Academy) right to you.

Old 06-03-2014, 04:46 PM

64 posts, read 154,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSonomaRancher View Post
There are two possibilities :
Retail or housing.

With so much retail already at La Cantera and at Bandera it seems likely that there will be more, plus 1604 does not have an on ramp between Kyle Seale and Hausman, that would have the location more attractive for retail.

So I think it's more likely that the land will be used for housing: I'm talking apartment complex. I'd hate to see that happen, as it will impact a whole bunch of things like traffic, school boundaries, crime rates, property prices etc. but if had to bet money, I'd say most likely apartment complex. They are popping up everywhere.
The Seale family didn't ask me, but if I was them I would leave a legacy namesake for the community while keeping the theme of the NISD stadium and UTSA sports complex.

In case they listen, "Hey Seale Family, build some little league and youth soccer fields.......The Fields of Kyle Seale Ranch"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or