U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 03:16 PM

130 posts, read 24,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montirob View Post
Still a NEISD school. North East has decided to completely tear down their old schools and rebuild them from scratch. Mac was the first, and I believe they have done the same to Lee.
Wow!

Old 04-15-2009, 03:28 PM

330 posts, read 582,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs Crusader View Post
My Grandfather owned 6 acres in the lower-left yellow portion. He sold it to the Niemans in 1994. I saw that the Niemans sold it to the City of Windcrest in the last 18 months. I'm curious to see what Windcrest paid for it.

Just a question from us newcomers, is that the bad section this thread is talking about? In the yellow...

Old 04-15-2009, 03:32 PM

All sections, nay Windcrest, on that map are 'bad'!

Anything built by Ray Ellison.., because they fall down and apart after 20 years!!!

Old 04-15-2009, 04:18 PM

1,131 posts, read 757,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs Crusader View Post
My Grandfather owned 6 acres in the lower-left yellow portion. He sold it to the Niemans in 1994. I saw that the Niemans sold it to the City of Windcrest in the last 18 months. I'm curious to see what Windcrest paid for it.
Lots is planned for those areas in yellow.

http://www.whatsnextforwindsorpark.com/images/08_SitePlanSM.jpg (broken link)

Old 04-15-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonfresh View Post
Lots is planned for those areas in yellow.

Yah,

Moderator cut: see comment

It is going to take a decade or more for this to come to fruition.

Until they do to 'Camelot' and 'The Glen' etc what they did to Roosevelt High School.. you will still have the same problems in that area.

Ignore this!

There is NO demand for what is being offered in those 'dream plans'. There is a glut of already empty homes in and around San Antonio.., so let's build 5,000 more??? Genius!

Not to mention a glut of EMPTY office space.

Yah.,. perfect time to build sprawling office towers!!

NOT!

Last edited by Bo; 04-16-2009 at 12:58 PM.. Reason: This was covered in my DM.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:15 PM

The project will need some time to develop. Chances are the final product, in ten years or so.., will look nothing like what is in these renderings.

Neighborhoods take time to heal. This area has had an open wound for about 15 years now. Started with gang shootings at local malls, bus stops and the implosion of the high school.

Give it ten years and this has a shot.

The others are pipe dreams here and speak from absolute inexperience and are relying on their hopes rather than facts and reality.

There is no demand for office space. No demand for additional housing.

Very little credit out there, hence, no developer in their right mind is going to even open up this proposal for years.

Last edited by Bo; 04-16-2009 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: this is an example of what I mentioned in my DM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio