Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 09:40 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,471,290 times

Advertisements

I understand what he's saying, but that's because I read a lot of books from the 18th and 19th centuries. These posts might be long-winded and have a few missing words, but they aren't in broken English.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 09:45 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,437,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
Broken and incoherent English does nothing to make your point. Actually kind of makes mine. Nothing more to add to this thread.
Reading his posts is like trying to read and understand a really bad haiku or something.

I gave up a long time ago. If I see his name, I just skip over that post and move on. It saves me the headache of trying to figure it out and 5 minutes I would never get back.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:47 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,423,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim8 View Post
Reading his posts is like trying to read and understand a really bad haiku or something.

I gave up a long time ago. If I see his name, I just skip over that post and move on. It saves me the headache of trying to figure it out and 5 minutes I would never get back.
That's pretty much the approach I'm taking from now on.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:13 PM

2,721 posts, read 4,388,475 times
Default Surrender is best,

Quote:
That's pretty much the approach I'm taking from now on.
Particularly if one is out of verbal or intellectual ammunition. Sour grapes makes the swallowing of words easier.
Go Julian. I am anxious to see him sworn in. This is great, Go San Antone...........Unbelievably and finally.

Old 05-27-2014, 01:56 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,423,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post
Particularly if one is out of verbal or intellectual ammunition. Sour grapes makes the swallowing of words easier.
Go Julian. I am anxious to see him sworn in. This is great, Go San Antone...........Unbelievably and finally.
Yes, it was the "intellectual ammunition" that did me in. Keep believing that.

Old 05-27-2014, 03:14 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,408,536 times
Quote:
Yes, it was the "intellectual ammunition" that did me in. Keep believing that.
Somewhat akin to a vasectomy -------shooting blanks.

Old 05-27-2014, 06:19 PM

Default That's it?

Is this all you guys have up your sleeves? Juvenile quips about Julian Castro and
no more ?
This is not even fun anymore. C'mon mere putdowns ? I can understand resentment ,but you guys had better come up with something better, but you can't, can you? Palin did a better job and that.. is pretty bad.

Times change slowly. What we think and how we act will come to pass. It is inevitable.

Old 05-27-2014, 06:51 PM

847 posts, read 2,231,045 times
Quote:
Ok, LBJ was raised in Texas.
From a background of ignorance, extreme poverty, and bigotry. He saw and knew what was the right thing to do. Experienced poverty fisthand. Knew what had to be done, after thirty years of
voting anti-civil rights he made an one hundred and eighty degree political turn as President.
Much to the consternation of southerners in the Senate.

He rose from these extremely deprived circumstances here in south Texas, during the Great depression no less- to change the country fundamentally, beginning from this cultural abyss here in Texas , his administration was a political watershed. Things changed on a national scale, it was time for a change and he knew it after thirty years- what the country needed to progress, to move on. An amazing rise for any poverty stricken Texan, much less from the cultural circumstances of Texas of the very early 20th century..

Whod've thunk?
Obama and Julian are the beneficiaries of this crude and abrasive native Texan and his forward vision for our country.
It is how we ended up in the place we are, politically. It is the shape of things to come. This is only the beginning, change comes slowly. Julian is in line and on his way.
He is eloquent enough, yes, but a neophyte, he will learn. All the way with LBJ. We'll see.
Go San Antonio. He is one of ours, yet again.
Chew on that for a while. Get back to me. I am busy.

Hopefully this short statement is enough for perusal. I can elaborate, later.
Quote:
Still more of the same, no actual statements other than doomsdays scenarios and condescension.
A series of disparate statements that are cogent cannot be disputed does contain validity.
In this battle of wits you are unarmed. Counterpoints are inacessible. Argue punctuation.
It is all you have. Plainly written english will draw blank stares if unanswerable. Desperation
is interesting.

Make another desperate search for words to validate any more wild claims.Come back and try to enter something more cogent to substantiate such wild scenarios about Mr. Castro.
"It is the end of the United States." Yea , right. It is the end of the U.S. as you people
want it and Castro is the the one to do it. If you cannot comprehend what I have entered and all you
are able to do is claim is you do not like what I have written , well then so what? An invalid entry is of no substance, just more hot air spewing. Really does not state anything to validate such fancied wild claims.
I do not doubt for an instant that my posts cannot be answered with any alacrity. Such ignoring of even
more reality is only an admission that there is a void of knowledge in any such wild thinking.

It is merely opposition without footing. San Antonio has done very well under
Castro, he has gained natl. recognition for his great work here in San Antonio on the C-SPAN program "Road to the White House". He is a natural born vote getter , too. Appealing. Don't y'all just hate this? I know you do, it is upsetting. Yep, all sorts of groups from all over the the country might vote for him someday. Like Hillary, that famous shoe-in.
We are doing great, here in this mixing bowl of our local populace , San Antonio.
Everything I entered is true here about our very own, including LBJ. The old man did what he knew, knew, to be the right thing from his vantage point of power of 30 effective years in D.C. That was only the beginning. Obama is carrying on that tradition.
On the C-Span website....
Listen to Obama's speech at the LBJ Library of a few weeks ago. There is undeniable cogency. Obama and Castro both were there to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the passing of the Civil Rights Bill. Quite a speech it was by Obama, that most eloquent of politicians. Castro did very well at Austin too. Even Dubya was there to
celebrate in our very own capital, Austin, very recently.
Castro ,that popular local boy, Obama and his party, Hillary, will seek to right more wrongs from within. Level the playing field. Hopefully they will have a big enough percentage of the voters and Congress, to get at least something done in the future- where he can do more good, away from Texas..this backward place, and remove some power away from the govt. entrenched corporate structure, that purchaser of American political power. You "folks" (people) miss this. Texas, us, we, San Antonio need to wake up and smell the coffee.
If you would - a more substantiative and less stratospheric claim than "it is the end of the U.S.", yea right. Only the claim to be the expert on "Simple Economics" is very accurate.
With Castro, someday many may see a new era of properity. Govt. Power will shift away from the minute precentage at the top. We need it- and our own Castro. Hopefully inroads will be made by this westsider, future cabinet member. I think his approval by Congress is a foregone conclusion, his nose is clean.
It is great, unbelievable, really. Julian will only get better with experience. He is very,very, smart.
Just " LOOKIT whar he is naow" !
Hillbillyspeak. A more attuned phrasing- toward effectiveness locally. I hope. I am curious how Perry will fare
if he runs yet again for Natl. office. Hopefully with more eloquency than that now nationally famous "blank face of a space out".
"What is the name of that agency, EPA ? "Get er' done" ! A statement worthy of even a " Bushism " at this late date. Life goes on here in Texas at a snails pace and some things never change, but it is coming. Make no mistake.
I like Perry. Geniunely, especially in the Tommy Lee Jones movie "Man of the House."
Quote:
Castro is a product of the old Great Society Programs. Affirmative Action etc.
Our very own redneck LBJ , of the Hill Country- was the greatest legislator to ever occupy the White House. Small question of that, knew what was right. Did it too.
The democracy is moving on. There is no denying it now. Julian is on his way. This is only a beginning
of the change that is coming. Condescension is all that can be posted here because that is all you have.
Acrimonious condesension. The HUD nomination is a cinch. There will be more Julians to come down the pike anyway so this is all just a speweing of hot air and fruitless. What is the point? It is hilarious too.
Minorities just do not get elected in this country. It has always been this way. A Black Man has nominated a Mexican American to a cabinet post? In our country?
What is going on here? Folks or Folksy, which ever one prefers.

As Warren Buffett says, "The United States always recovers, it always has".
I believe him.
ever thought about a career as a speechwriter??

a little polish, well a little more than a little, and I think you could really make a go of it.

if the castro boys were alerted to this thread, I think you'd be in, no question.

lbj?? hardy har har. ??the great society??

etc................

Old 05-27-2014, 07:53 PM

Default Thanks,

Thanks a million Mud.. It is nice to be understood.
And , in my unabashed opinion, one heck of a high compliment.

No sir, never considered anything like that. It is interesting the way people can hide their head
in the sand like an ostrich, if what is entered here is not to their liking.
For me this is extremely, extremely amusing, this discomfiture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by *mud* View Post
ever thought about a career as a speechwriter??

a little polish, well a little more than a little, and I think you could really make a go of it.

if the castro boys were alerted to this thread, I think you'd be in, no question.

lbj?? hardy har har. ??the great society??

etc................

Old 07-14-2014, 07:28 PM

Lightbulb A debt owed,

Thankyou L210, for these kind words you entered here towards approval and defense of my entries
about our Mayor Castro. I appreciate that. Validation amongst hypocrisy.
It is nice to be understood.
Previous exchanges here on this forum- L210- were to me, satisfactory also. I haven't fogotten them
either.
Yes, have been known to use some (figurative) shorthand while posting here- you were right, (those missing words) it shortens the length of posting sometimes and saves time and will still get the idea across for those of us with some coneptional continuity. Thanks...
Some members here do not have any of this stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
I understand what he's saying, but that's because I read a lot of books from the 18th and 19th centuries. These posts might be long-winded and have a few missing words, but they aren't in broken English.

Last edited by huckster; 07-14-2014 at 07:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio