U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-20-2014, 02:27 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
425 posts, read 513,217 times
Reputation: 379

Advertisements

The extremists have taken over this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-20-2014, 02:38 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
3,740 posts, read 3,839,628 times
Reputation: 3190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock View Post
The extremists have taken over this thread.
Keep in mind June is not conservative by any stretch of the imagination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2014, 07:55 PM
 
Location: Boerne, Texas
309 posts, read 462,788 times
Reputation: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
This is bad news, folks. At least here he was an idiot with limited amounts of damage he could do.

The government relies on folks that know nothing about politics and have a very limited education. They know if they put a Hispanic guy that's accomplished nothing in his career other than winning elections into office, they'll win hispanic voters.

Why? Because he's one of them. It's sad that they look at minorities this way and treat them like lemmings, but it's even sadder that it works. It's how Obama got elected.

We've now got a socialist as the HUD secretary and have given him a checkbook to flood Texas with tons of low income housing. The word is out that amnesty will get passed, so now we've got the borders being flooded more than normal with people looking to get here before it passes.

This means the government will have a ton of new voters that they're subsidizing. Castro's appointment is nothing more than a way to try and turn Texas into a democrat state. Nothing more. The voters are being treated like lemmings because they are.

I know there are a ton of folks that want to see Texas turn blue, but they can't give you a good reason why. We're the only thriving state and we're the only one showing no signs of slowing down. They just want to "win" by bringing everyone down to their level.

You're being played for fools, folks. You're supporting treason.

And yes, while there's a similarity to this move and Cisneros years ago, the difference is that while I disagree with many of Clinton's policies, he was not someone that wanted to destroy this country. Obama has different motives and goals, and the public seems to be much, much dumber now than they were when Clinton was in office.

The average voter has no idea of anything related to politics, business, economics, etc. They've turned our election system into voting for the homecoming King. Period.

If folks were able to comprehend simple economic theories, we'd be in a different situation. But they can't. They've been dumbed down. And our country will suffer because they're idiots.
I usually stay out of these types of postings on CD, although I am fairly connected politically into the city of San Antonio. I care deeply about the future of this city, state and our country. This post by Kevcrawford is the best, most accurate posting I have ever read here. Unfortunately, this appointment is only more evidence of the major issues our country faces. While I could see something like this (and even more) coming for Castro, understanding the whole picture is a bit depressing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2014, 07:59 PM
 
117 posts, read 132,011 times
Reputation: 218
I am new to SA and had only read a few things about his election before moving here. What I read made me suspicious of him and I am not surprised at all that he would be jumping ship. Career politicians like this have no conviction in what they say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2014, 08:31 PM
 
Location: San Antonio-Westover Hills
6,878 posts, read 18,174,619 times
Reputation: 5152
"the extremists" *laughs*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2014, 10:22 PM
 
59 posts, read 85,161 times
Reputation: 65
'murica!

Am I doing this right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2014, 06:05 AM
 
6,998 posts, read 10,233,864 times
Reputation: 5381
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoerneMan View Post
I usually stay out of these types of postings on CD, although I am fairly connected politically into the city of San Antonio. I care deeply about the future of this city, state and our country. This post by Kevcrawford is the best, most accurate posting I have ever read here. Unfortunately, this appointment is only more evidence of the major issues our country faces. While I could see something like this (and even more) coming for Castro, understanding the whole picture is a bit depressing.
As a minority voter, I found his post to be extremely inaccurate. How have white mayors won elections in a majority Hispanic city if they only vote for people who look like themselves? How did Susan Pamerleau beat Amadeo Ortiz? By the way, Obama did not win because of black voters. We only make up 13% of the population, and the extra turnout was balanced by blue collar, white males who didn't vote for him even though they often vote Democratic. The black turnout rate in the last election was only two percentage points higher than the non-Hispanic white turnout rate in the last election, but keep in mind that non-Hispanic whites make up two-thirds of the U.S. population. Obama won because he won the minority vote, in general, and the women vote. Maybe the other side needs to look at why it's losing women and all of the major minority groups instead of blaming a small segment of eligible voters for "voting for candidates who look like them."

If Texas turns blue, part of the blame can go to the xenophobic ads being run by Texas candidates. Some of the ads I've seen by Dan Patrick are highly offensive. Why would most Hispanics want to vote for a candidate like that?

Last edited by L210; 05-21-2014 at 06:24 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2014, 07:28 AM
 
31 posts, read 34,096 times
Reputation: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by KM1174 View Post
big mistake, not that obama hasnt made his share of them, but this is a big mistake.

mayor.. dip**** didnt listen to anyone over durango, street cars or his other pet projects he pushed to 'leave his legacy'


needs to take his san antonio/texas hating mother with him and GTFO, we dont need trashy people like that here saying they hate san antonio/texas but still living here.



this city is heavily democratic and, very sadly, they vote for the guy who's the same colour as them. really, REALLY sad considering im hispanic and see/hear other hispanics talking like this.

other people will no doubtedly chime in and cry bs, which is fine. they are entitled to their opinion(s), no matter how stinky they are. go out and listen to the hispanics in the heavily hispanic neighborhoods.

bigotry/racism is alive and well in sa, much to the ire of the logical thinkers here.



thirded.



he has to leave his crappy legacy! its his right, no matter what the tax payers say!!!
Tell us how you really feel! So this is a good thing if he does leave
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2014, 07:39 AM
 
Location: San Antonio
3,740 posts, read 3,839,628 times
Reputation: 3190
Maybe he won't leave?

Politico.com article questions Mayor Julian Castro's use of funds | News - Home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2014, 08:50 AM
 
Location: San Antonio
4,149 posts, read 9,303,154 times
Reputation: 3308
Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
It's not that simple and actually kind of insulting that you would assume that it is. You're basically insulting the intelligence of minority voters and also not taking into account the people who would NOT vote for someone because of his or her race. Obama is not a woman, yet, he received a majority of the women vote. Obama is not a Hispanic, yet, he received a majority of the Hispanic vote. Obama is not Asian, yet, he received a majority of the Asian vote. Black people have overwhelmingly voted Democratic for awhile now. Al Gore received 90% of the black vote while John Kerry received 88%. Herman Cain is black. Do you really think he could have gotten the majority of the black vote, even if he were running against a white person? How come this theory of yours doesn't work for Republicans? How come Al Sharpton didn't win the black vote during the Democratic primaries? Is he not black?
I'm not insulting the intelligence of minority voters. I'm insulting the intelligence of any voter that votes for someone based on their skin color, the fact they're a good speaker or just basic party because they've always been told to vote for that party.

Personally, I prefer to vote for people based on their record and accomplishments. Our humble leader and his new HUD secretary rose to the top of the food chain based on rhetoric, but not accomplishment. That, to me, is insulting. That so many people can be so damn ignorant.

But that's the world we live in.

We live in a world where people are told they HAVE to vote a certain way because they're a certain race, or else they're ostracized by their community. Called an Uncle Tom. That's ignorant and it's a shame.

Politics is a popularity contest now. Nothing more. People are too ignorant to understand that their vote has actual consequences and they should know what's going on before casting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:15 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top