U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 10:28 PM

4,263 posts, read 6,865,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
are you a time warner employee? own stock in the company? in my case, tw started at $98/mo plus taxes and fees. this was for 1 box with basic channels, internet & nationwide calling. last month, my bill was $140 with taxes and fees included. that was the straw that broke the camels' back. i cancelled it and am now looking for other ways of entertainment. doing OK without is so far.

We got 3 boxes (1 DVR), phone with Unlimited Texas calling, Showtime, The Movie Channel and Roadrunner High Speed for $89 + taxes/fees. Call them and see what they have to offer. Tell them you're thinking of making the switch to satellite..there's your leverage.
Sorry, no employee and not a shareholder..
If the service was bad, I would be the first one to tell you. No complaints as of yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 11:18 PM

83 posts, read 207,876 times
att uverse all the way. if u into hd and good pic quality thats the way to go. especially if ur in san antone. att is anchored here. they get the kinks ironed out here first then upgrade the rest of the country once they find out what works here. it is a new technology but a great one. also there tech support is great compared to twc. very helpful and kind. i should know. im one of them. the only reason i havent switched is because my apartments dont get uverse as of now. but we have a lab with uverse at my work and the quality and internet is great. and ya that guy who says he pays $89 per month for twc is a great negotiator because ive never heard of a price that low for the services he is getting. especially not from twc.

Old 12-21-2007, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone View Post
att uverse all the way. if u into hd and good pic quality thats the way to go. especially if ur in san antone. att is anchored here. they get the kinks ironed out here first then upgrade the rest of the country once they find out what works here. it is a new technology but a great one. also there tech support is great compared to twc. very helpful and kind. i should know. im one of them. the only reason i havent switched is because my apartments dont get uverse as of now. but we have a lab with uverse at my work and the quality and internet is great. and ya that guy who says he pays $89 per month for twc is a great negotiator because ive never heard of a price that low for the services he is getting. especially not from twc.

That's why I'm sticking with it. My bill came to $96.99 last month including taxes/fees.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:11 PM

10,514 posts, read 8,987,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
We got 3 boxes (1 DVR), phone with Unlimited Texas calling, Showtime, The Movie Channel and Roadrunner High Speed for $89 + taxes/fees. Call them and see what they have to offer. Tell them you're thinking of making the switch to satellite..there's your leverage.
Sorry, no employee and not a shareholder..
If the service was bad, I would be the first one to tell you. No complaints as of yet.
i did just that> i told them that i could no longer afford it. they gave me $114/mo., about $10/mo less than i was paying, woo-hoo. their services are just not worth it.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:41 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,083,325 times
How many times has Time Warner Raise their prices in the past 2 years???...and how many times has AT&T U-Verse raised their rates...NONE!

Old 12-22-2007, 01:47 PM

That only means one thing. AT+T is DUE to raise them shortly.

Old 12-22-2007, 02:55 PM
cwh

345 posts, read 615,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
That only means one thing. AT+T is DUE to raise them shortly.
I think this new competition is going to bring pricees to at least a stable point. Looks what happened with broadband prices in the past few years, they have gone down while speeds have gone up.

I expect the same thing to occur as the competition heats up.

Old 12-22-2007, 03:01 PM

Good deal. I'll take an even LOWER bill any day!

Old 12-22-2007, 06:54 PM

2,170 posts, read 4,493,503 times
Sooner or later U-verse will raise their rates. The cost to distribute (meaning the amount they pay to the channels MTV, ESPN, NFL football) will go up.. do you think they will eat the cost? Heck no.. we will eat it as a consumer. Sooner or later the prices will go up..

Old 12-22-2007, 09:53 PM
cwh

345 posts, read 615,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
Sooner or later U-verse will raise their rates. The cost to distribute (meaning the amount they pay to the channels MTV, ESPN, NFL football) will go up.. do you think they will eat the cost? Heck no.. we will eat it as a consumer. Sooner or later the prices will go up..

Actually for the near future, they are probably going to see their programming costs go down as they are currently a small player in the video market, which makes their content deals more expensive right now. Now as they become a bigger player their proramming costs are going to go down.

Also since they are iptv they probably only have to pay for what actually gets watched, and not what gets broadcast to every home.

It is going to be interesting to see how this all plays out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio