U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-22-2008, 08:28 AM

1,740 posts, read 3,962,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Banker......after skimming through this post, I see you having a very successful career working for KB Homes!
On the contrary. I am the one paying money. But anyone having researched their product and made a good purchase you would expect them to recommend it to other folks. I have mentioned areas where I disagree with KB or have not been happy with certain elements - if I worked for them I wouldn't do that. If I worked for them I would have a smaller mortgage because I would have gotten an employee discount...and believe me I didn't! In fact I didn't get any incentive when I signed last fall. The fact that many inventory homes are selling for far less than the sales price would indicate that I have paid more than my home is actually worth in today's market. But - even so - I am happy with my house.

If I was complaining about KB you would be lining up to agree with me.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:02 PM

4,794 posts, read 10,199,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banker View Post

If I was complaining about KB you would be lining up to agree with me.
.....why would you say this? You don't even know me and I've never made one comment about KB homes.

But you do seem enthusiastic about your new home. My point is that they should put you on a commercial.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
.....why would you say this? You don't even know me and I've never made one comment about KB homes.

But you do seem enthusiastic about your new home. My point is that they should put you on a commercial.
Sorry - I meant you (the other folks in the thread that like to point out my "enthusiasm"). And yes - I would do a commercial...if they hadn't changed the product in my community. While I stand behind my home purchase and the excellent Liberty and Estate lines - I really think KB made a mistake by going down market to finish the community. I wouldn't want to advertise for a new community just going in - because you never know what the product mix will be to finish it out. KB will have a hard time luring future high end buyers if they look at just how down market they went from the beginning of the Quarry to now.

Like I said in an earlier post...KB should have built a different model home offering and pushed some of their nicer one story plans (both some they offer in San Antonio and ones featured up in Austin which are much nicer than the SA offerings) instead of the bix box model homes they have switched to. The houses would sell them selves. Right now - despite the beauty of the community, location and size of the lots - some of their product looks too much like the standard KB homes - just with much nicer brick and interior options. The one and one and a half story homes are their best offerings here in San Antonio.

Old 07-22-2008, 03:40 PM

285 posts, read 454,171 times
Quote:
Sorry - I meant you (the other folks in the thread that like to point out my "enthusiasm"). And yes - I would do a commercial...if they hadn't changed the product in my community.
From all I've read, this is pretty typical for that particular builder.
Lori

Old 07-22-2008, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan in Virginia View Post
From all I've read, this is pretty typical for that particular builder.
Lori
Possibly in San Antonio...but not in other areas of the country where they have much higher end communities. I do believe they did the same thing in Fox Grove.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:23 PM

45 posts, read 254,337 times
The new house going up next to the high end model (now up for sale) looks tiny and out of place. The person who is building that house is smart...right next to the most expensive house in the neighborhood for 60% of the price and right across from the pool/playground. Pretty smart, but KB will have a difficult time selling the former model to anyone with any financial sense. The model is very nice, but it really is a shame that they are putting a lower end house right next to it.

BTW, nice house banker...I would have picked many of the same options and location. But the word is that Hardy Oak extension will be complete in 3 years and the Steubing are giving in to imminent domain of the city. Word also is that the ranch will have an elementary school going in...just a matter of where on the ranch. Hopefully, apartment complexes are not gong to go up.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:38 PM

285 posts, read 454,171 times
Quote:
Possibly in San Antonio...but not in other areas of the country where they have much higher end communities. I do believe they did the same thing in Fox Grove.
If you knew that, why are you surprised it happened in your KB neighborhood?

Lori

Old 07-23-2008, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan in Virginia View Post
If you knew that, why are you surprised it happened in your KB neighborhood?

Lori
Because in Fox Grove the number of houses from the nicer line (Q and R series I think?) make up a much smaller percentage of houses than the Hallmark/Classic line. And the Q and R series are not nearly as nice as the Estates and Liberty lines in the Quarry. In the Quarry - it is mostly Estates...so the mix is different. That being said - the Trails and Empire collection are still a much higher line home than the Hallmark and Classic homes series in Fox Grove.

Old 07-23-2008, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ31171 View Post
The new house going up next to the high end model (now up for sale) looks tiny and out of place. The person who is building that house is smart...right next to the most expensive house in the neighborhood for 60% of the price and right across from the pool/playground. Pretty smart, but KB will have a difficult time selling the former model to anyone with any financial sense. The model is very nice, but it really is a shame that they are putting a lower end house right next to it.

BTW, nice house banker...I would have picked many of the same options and location. But the word is that Hardy Oak extension will be complete in 3 years and the Steubing are giving in to imminent domain of the city. Word also is that the ranch will have an elementary school going in...just a matter of where on the ranch. Hopefully, apartment complexes are not gong to go up.
Yes...the new house going in next to the high end model does look small...Again - I don't understand why KB didn't require an Empire model go there rather than a cheaper Trails collection. Who knows. And yes - they will have a hard time selling the big model for list price.

Just curious - where did you hear that Hardy Oak is going to cut through? I have asked lots of people and they say there are no immediate plans on the drawing board? I had heard that if an elementary school were to go in - it would be on the north west corner of the proposed Heubner and Hardy Oak. If you look at Google maps you can see several homesteads on the ranch between Iron Mountain Ranch and Regan high school - so I suspec that will always be open land. On the far east side of Hardy Oak north of The Quarry is a large flood control dam which will prevent immediate development around that area. Most of the developable land lies to the west of a potential Hardy Oak connection - of course much depends on where they decide to place Hardy Oak. There is a homestead right in the path of the natural route.

Also - if they are seriously considering connecting Hardy Oak - I am surprised that they (the city) hasn't run Hardy Oak from Stone Oak down to the ranch on the north side of the ranch. That seems like a natural first step which hasn't happened. It still dead ends at the mormon temple.

Old 07-23-2008, 06:51 AM

5,081 posts, read 7,813,393 times
So the houses on the company website... those are the higher end ones now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio