U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2008, 06:24 AM

1,740 posts, read 5,185,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinocowboy View Post
You didn't have a pre-pour foundation inspection?
Unfortunately I did not. Honestly - I didn't get my act together before the pour to get this done. But - that being said - one of the biggest risks is settling due to poor soil conditions. When I selected my neighborhood/lot - one of the primary advantages was the fact that my lot has absolutely no top soil or clay of any kind. The foundation was poured on solid rock. In addition - I had a friend of the family that works for another concrete/foundation company review the specs and design of our slab. He indicated to me that they (KB) had done everything right in terms of the engineering. The beams were the right depth and distance apart, on the deep side of the foundation I had adequately spaced piers and the amount of steel used was up to code. That informal assesment by someone in the industry combined with the fact that I have no expansive soils under my slab to cause long term problems really took the motivation away from having a formal and costly inpsection. I paid a lot premium due to the cost of working on solid limestone. Great cost and effort was needed to cut deep into the solid limestone to tie in the sewer line. The trench - cut through solid rock was impressive. We took lots of pictures of the trench showing the solid rock under our slab!!

But I am working with a couple of inspectors to check on getting the mechanicals inspected. This is equally important. They finish up the electrical today - so I will probably have the home inspected in the next week or so.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:25 AM

Well - I now have been indirectly impacted by crime. Yesterday I found out that nearly every home on the street I am building was robbed over the weekend. It seems that the copper A/C lines are in high demand and they were stripped out of a half dozen homes. This kind of theft is hard to comprehend. I hope KB finds the culprits and prosecutes them. This will undoubtedly cause a set back and hurts the already poor financial condition of my builder.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:12 PM

320 posts, read 933,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banker View Post
Well - I now have been indirectly impacted by crime. Yesterday I found out that nearly every home on the street I am building was robbed over the weekend. It seems that the copper A/C lines are in high demand and they were stripped out of a half dozen homes. This kind of theft is hard to comprehend. I hope KB finds the culprits and prosecutes them. This will undoubtedly cause a set back and hurts the already poor financial condition of my builder.
Sorry to hear that. Its a crime wave going around the city. My brother-in-law's neighborhood that is still under construction on Prue Rd. got hit with the same crime about a month ago. Police reports were filed, but as far as he knows no one got caught. The builder just moved on and repaired the homes.

Old 03-25-2008, 02:16 PM

734 posts, read 2,733,329 times
In our KB neighborhood appliances were stolen, this was 4-5 years ago. Our AC exchange unit in the house was stolen and the hot water heater down the street was stolen and caused flooding. Same thing - we had police reports, and fingerprint dust everywhere. But no results. It is an unfortunately common thing in construction zones.

Old 03-25-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanStelle View Post
Sorry to hear that. Its a crime wave going around the city. My brother-in-law's neighborhood that is still under construction on Prue Rd. got hit with the same crime about a month ago. Police reports were filed, but as far as he knows no one got caught. The builder just moved on and repaired the homes.
Sadly - this adds to the cost of construction and hurts the honest people/builders out there.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:55 AM

Yesterday I had my pre dry-wall inspection. The builder will also have one - but I opted to have my own inspector in addition to their inspection. He was very impressed with the quality so far. He had a few comments related to additional blocking and some sheathing adjustments. But all in all - he said that this is KB's nicest community and over the years has had their best quality work of all their communities in San Antonio. He also indicated that as I found out in the research/discovery process - that for the price range the series of homes KB is building in The Quarry is equal to or better than all the other production builders at the same price range.

My roof went on this week and insulation should go in next week or the week after. We are getting really close to drywall. I can't wait!!

Old 04-06-2008, 10:55 PM

8 posts, read 15,768 times
Default Blue light special @ Quarry@ Iron Mountain!

We just received an e-mail from KB sales people regarding the Estate collection inventories. It seems like a great price for these two homes, and my realtor tells me that she can get more incentives for closing costs etc.

Too bad we cannot take advantage of it b/c we will not be moving to SA until the end of the year. We are looking at a lot of resale/forclosure/auctions for now.

Moderator cut: advertisement

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 04-10-2008 at 11:36 PM.. Reason: advertising email removed

Old 04-06-2008, 11:18 PM

59 posts, read 188,187 times
[quote=peterminator;3377510]We just received an e-mail from KB sales people regarding the Estate collection inventories. It seems like a great price for these two homes, and my realtor tells me that she can get more incentives for closing costs etc.

Too bad we cannot take advantage of it b/c we will not be moving to SA until the end of the year. We are looking at a lot of resale/forclosure/auctions for now.

Moderator cut: advertisement

Wow, big time changes in a couple months! A $100k incentive being offered now! I sure feel bad for those that bought a couple months ago.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 04-10-2008 at 11:38 PM.. Reason: advertising email removed

Old 04-07-2008, 08:30 AM

Wow...that is amazing. I wonder if a current customer could get the same deal. I would switch houses for that price!

Old 04-07-2008, 09:51 AM

I would be surprised if these houses last long. The Estate Line is nicer than anything most production builders have in San Antonio. These are incredible deals. This gets the cost per square foot down below $100/foot. One of the houses back up to a greenbelt and another is on a large flat lot. I am going to look at them today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio