U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 01:39 PM

4,196 posts, read 3,081,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Wish there were a bit more to the Far North Central part than just kidnapping-escaping Mexicans, though.

And no Asians at all? There's a few Asian neighborhoods here and there. Are they really so few as to fail to even be mentioned?

Obviously, the map only deals with the the general public's overwhelmingly cynical perception of any particular area.

With regard to Aisans, there is no part of SA that is considered "the Asian part of town." Not surprising, considering that, according to C-D, Asians only comprise 2.0% of the population. http://www.city-data.com/races/races...nio-Texas.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2014, 04:15 PM

2,721 posts, read 3,427,579 times
Default That Said,

All true except that Asians do not accumulate here, their bloodlines usually disappear a couple of generations- into the Hispanic gene pool. I've seen this.
Just as did Ali's - the Arabic trainer for the doomed Camel Corps. that immigrated here to south Texas along with the camels- from the deserts of the middle east back in the 19th century. After the dissolution of the Camel Corps. by the Army his likes disappeared into the horde of native people, here.

Toronto , Canada surely has a thriving Asian Community, with, as I best remember; a trolley car located down the center of one of its' main streets leading; right into downtown from Windsor, Ontario.
They've an observation tower there too, like ours. It is 1800 ft. high with a small airport located conveniently below where small aircraft are observable while landing from above, inside the tower. Right on Lake Ontario. That is one hell of a city.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Obviously, the map only deals with the the general public's overwhelmingly cynical perception of any particular area.

With regard to Aisans, there is no part of SA that is considered "the Asian part of town." Not surprising, considering that, according to C-D, Asians only comprise 2.0% of the population. http://www.city-data.com/races/races...nio-Texas.html

Old 06-22-2014, 04:36 PM

733 posts, read 867,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Does it mean I'm going to hell if I laughed at this?
i laughed pretty hard at the area above PERMANENT CONSTRUCTION

Old 06-29-2014, 12:40 PM

3,823 posts, read 3,511,004 times
This will come in handy when we decide to move back!!!!

Old 06-29-2014, 02:38 PM

368 posts, read 440,687 times
Should be stickied for the benefit of anyone considering relocating. It's funny because it's true. Sure there are exceptions but for the most part it's accurate.

Old 06-29-2014, 05:28 PM

3,751 posts, read 3,868,703 times
Low Paying Office Jobs is not accurate for 410.

Westover Hills is not ghetto at all.

Helotes is not full of wealthy Hillbillies.

Stone Oak is predominantly white non-Hispanic...

In the lame bars area they only have 4 bars and most of those are "pre" this map.

You can tell the person that made map as never been to the NE side and seems pretty immature.

Old 06-29-2014, 07:35 PM

5,631 posts, read 6,441,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
Low Paying Office Jobs is not accurate for 410.

Helotes is not full of wealthy Hillbillies.

Stone Oak is predominantly white non-Hispanic...

In the lame bars area they only have 4 bars and most of those are "pre" this map.

You can tell the person that made map as never been to the NE side and seems pretty immature.
I can see why some may disagree with the map but it seems like most people agree with most of the map, if not all of it. I found it to be quite candid for the most part. This is coming from someone born and raised in the San Antonio area.

Old 06-29-2014, 07:43 PM

389 posts, read 641,479 times
I don't know the Permanent construction part is pretty dam funny....it's why I avoid 281 and 1604 like the plague........you all can have all that....

Old 06-29-2014, 07:50 PM

7,002 posts, read 10,279,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
Well....let's just say that area gave me hell in one of my past jobs, but it was mostly the area a little south of there. The far west side was my least favorite part; that's how bad it was. But, the things that happened were things that most residents were probably unaware of...except for that one breakout of burglaries.

Quote:
I've lived on the NE side for decades. It is pretty boring, but I kind of like it that way. It's quiet and mostly safe with the exception of a few spots. I need to find an article on it, but I heard on the radio that residents just don't shop in the area. That's why Nacogdoches, Perrin Beitel, and Randolph Blvd have gone downhill. I can't remember the exact figure, but the area loses a lot of money because residents shop elsewhere. It was something like $100 million.

Old 06-30-2014, 04:18 AM

1,128 posts, read 789,028 times
I find the map to be very accurate, actually. We moved out of the far-westside and back to our home state of Missouri last year. It was the best decision of our lives. We miss nothing about that area. Once the Katrina left-overs and section 8 moved in, home values suffered.
We had considered moving from Westcreek to Alamo Ranch, but it is all the same- especially after the roads connect from AR across Wiseman and over to WC. Sadly, it could have been nice, but that boat sailed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio