Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 06:51 AM

424 posts, read 609,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
I find the map to be very accurate, actually. We moved out of the far-westside and back to our home state of Missouri last year. It was the best decision of our lives. We miss nothing about that area. Once the Katrina left-overs and section 8 moved in, home values suffered.
We had considered moving from Westcreek to Alamo Ranch, but it is all the same- especially after the roads connect from AR across Wiseman and over to WC. Sadly, it could have been nice, but that boat sailed.
So, that entire map is accurate because you agree with what it said about the small area you lived in. That deserves a

Well, we won't Missouri you not that you're gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 07:04 AM

838 posts, read 1,210,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unintentionallyfunny View Post
So, that entire map is accurate because you agree with what it said about the small area you lived in. That deserves a

Well, we won't Missouri you not that you're gone.
Yes, the entire map is pretty accurate. We get it that San Antonio is an absolutely perfect city in your eyes. It isn't perfect to the vast majority of people that live there and certainly not to many that have left. That's not to say that San Antonio isn't a good city, just that all cities have their pros and cons. Some people can live with San Antonio's cons, others can't.

When you put your head in the sand and act like there is absolutely nothing wrong with San Antonio and cynically attack anyone that has an opposing view from yours, you're not making the problems go away. You are harming the opinion that most people in San Antonio are friendly. Yes, people throw dirty diapers on the ground in parking lots OFTEN in San Antonio. Yes, the populace of San Antonio is largely uneducated. Yes, pretty much every race is discriminated against in San Antonio.

You would be better off working to fix the problems than perpetually denying them. Your myopia about San Antonio deserves a

Yes, the entire map is pretty accurate.

Old 06-30-2014, 07:32 AM

4,433 posts, read 5,346,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bspray View Post
Yes, the entire map is pretty accurate. We get it that San Antonio is an absolutely perfect city in your eyes. It isn't perfect to the vast majority of people that live there and certainly not to many that have left. That's not to say that San Antonio isn't a good city, just that all cities have their pros and cons. Some people can live with San Antonio's cons, others can't.

When you put your head in the sand and act like there is absolutely nothing wrong with San Antonio and cynically attack anyone that has an opposing view from yours, you're not making the problems go away. You are harming the opinion that most people in San Antonio are friendly. Yes, people throw dirty diapers on the ground in parking lots OFTEN in San Antonio. Yes, the populace of San Antonio is largely uneducated. Yes, pretty much every race is discriminated against in San Antonio.

You would be better off working to fix the problems than perpetually denying them. Your myopia about San Antonio deserves a

This one always baffles me when people say this. While I live a nicer part of town I often shop all over the city and run into this maybe once a year.

Does it happen? Yes.

Often? No.

Old 06-30-2014, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspray View Post
Yes, the entire map is pretty accurate. We get it that San Antonio is an absolutely perfect city in your eyes.
Is that the conclusion you came to when you read that?

Quote:
When you put your head in the sand and act like there is absolutely nothing wrong with San Antonio and cynically attack anyone that has an opposing view from yours, you're not making the problems go away.
Cynically attack? That makes zero sense.

Quote:
You are harming the opinion that most people in San Antonio are friendly.
Riiight...

Quote:
Yes, people throw dirty diapers on the ground in parking lots OFTEN in San Antonio. Yes, the populace of San Antonio is largely uneducated. Yes, pretty much every race is discriminated against in San Antonio.
Let that hatred flow through you.

Quote:
I wonder if you just ran through a thesaurus without fully comprehending how to use the words you chose.

Quote:
You ended the way you started it. You could have saved us all a few brain cells by omitting what was in-between.

Old 06-30-2014, 07:45 AM

6,706 posts, read 8,775,152 times
I can honestly say I see the dirty diapers way way more than "once a year" here in San Antonio, more so in certain parts of town. It is nothing to be baffled about really.

There is nothing wrong about being proud of where you live but don't try to defend the city by ignoring the problems that we San Antonians do face as if they don't exist (or rarely exist).

I don't agree with everything that bspray says, but he is right on the dirty diaper problem.

Old 06-30-2014, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
This one always baffles me when people say this. While I live a nicer part of town I often shop all over the city and run into this maybe once a year.

Does it happen? Yes.

Often? No.
I'd pay the people who make the diaper claim 20 dollars, via paypal or whatever monetary transfer service, to provide credible proof with a time stamped photo showing a used diaper in some parking lot. I won't hold my breathe.

Old 06-30-2014, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
I can honestly say I see the dirty diapers way way more than "once a year" here in San Antonio, more so in certain parts of town. It is nothing to be baffled about really.

There is nothing wrong about being proud of where you live but don't try to defend the city by ignoring the problems that we San Antonians do face as if they don't exist (or rarely exist).

I don't agree with everything that bspray says, but he is right on the dirty diaper problem.
I'd like one example of myself or anyone ignoring issues facing the city.

But hey, if a map (that addresses people despairingly as broke Mexicans, Rich Jews, Hill-billies, Hootchies, Black people with mortgages and Boring gays) can get the love and support of a few posters on this forum, well, it cements to me how far down the drain this forum has gone.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:29 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,474,591 times
It seems like only two people so far have a major problem with the map, but these are the same two people who always have a problem with anything negative that's said about San Antonio. It's supposed to be funny in a non-PC way; most people seem to get that. I found about a dozen of these threads in other city forums. Generally, people like their judgmental maps. If you're offended by it, then don't look at it. It doesn't single out a single group. This is how people stereotype different parts of the city whether you like it or not. Why not try to focus on why so many people think this way even if you disagree.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:41 AM

6,706 posts, read 8,775,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
It seems like only two people so far have a major problem with the map, but these are the same two people who always have a problem with anything negative that's said about San Antonio. It's supposed to be funny in a non-PC way; most people seem to get that. I found about a dozen of these threads in other city forums. Generally, people like their judgmental maps. If you're offended by it, then don't look at it. It doesn't single out a single group. This is how people stereotype different parts of the city whether you like it or not. Why not try to focus on why so many people think this way even if you disagree.
Not all of us wear rose colored spectacles. Those that don't, will appreciate the map for what it is.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:20 AM

838 posts, read 1,210,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
This is 100% accurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio