U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 08:33 AM

3,728 posts, read 3,829,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
It seems like only two people so far have a major problem with the map, but these are the same two people who always have a problem with anything negative that's said about San Antonio. It's supposed to be funny in a non-PC way; most people seem to get that. I found about a dozen of these threads in other city forums. Generally, people like their judgmental maps. If you're offended by it, then don't look at it. It doesn't single out a single group. This is how people stereotype different parts of the city whether you like it or not. Why not try to focus on why so many people think this way even if you disagree.
Who is offended?

I said it had a few errors nothing more or nothing less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 08:38 AM

818 posts, read 980,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unintentionallyfunny View Post
Is that the conclusion you came to when you read that?
Yes, when combined with all your other SA chearleading on this forum.

Quote:
Cynically attack? That makes zero sense.
Sorry the logic was lost on you. The point is, you ignore real problems the city has and instead of addressing the problems with a respectful debate, you repeatedly attack the individual posters and question their integrity or intelligence. Those are two attributes I am not sure you are qualified to judge.

Quote:
Riiight...
I will grant you, this comment was a stretch but I still got a chuckle when I was writing it.

Quote:
Let that hatred flow through you.
It's not hatred it's more frustration with reading your posts. You are so predictable, it has become boring to read a thread that might have had an interesting discussion because I know you are going to come in and chase away most of the people participating with your aggressive demeanor and ill informed opinions.

Quote:
I wonder if you just ran through a thesaurus without fully comprehending how to use the words you chose.
I am sorry you don't comprehend the words I am using.

- Perpetual - means over and over again, I used this to describe your unending rants about how perfect the city of San Antonio is regardless of evidence to the contrary.

- Myopia - a form of near sightedness. It is often used to describe people that refuse to acknowledge reality and dismiss anything that doesn't fit into their unique view of the world. It is most often used to describe diehard sports fans that put their teams up on pedestals in spite of years of futility. I have actually been guilty of this myself. Regardless, it absolutely describes your view of San Antonio.

Quote:
You ended the way you started it. You could have saved us all a few brain cells by omitting what was in-between.
That is what a good presentation does. You start with a statement, reinforce that statement and close with the same statement.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
I can honestly say I see the dirty diapers way way more than "once a year" here in San Antonio, more so in certain parts of town. It is nothing to be baffled about really.

There is nothing wrong about being proud of where you live but don't try to defend the city by ignoring the problems that we San Antonians do face as if they don't exist (or rarely exist).

I don't agree with everything that bspray says, but he is right on the dirty diaper problem.
What part of town?

I really only travel from the 1%'s area over to the "Seaworld" area then up to "rich Mexicans escaping kidnappings" and I occasionally make it out to the "money burner" part of town all while seeing no diapers...

Old 07-03-2014, 09:25 AM

6,998 posts, read 10,219,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
Who is offended?
The person who had a problem with the terminology used.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:45 AM

5,612 posts, read 6,392,105 times
Quote:
What part of town?

I really only travel from the 1%'s area over to the "Seaworld" area then up to "rich Mexicans escaping kidnappings" and I occasionally make it out to the "money burner" part of town all while seeing no diapers...

I see diapers quite often at Crossroads Target parking lot by 410 and Fredericksburg near where I live, Wonderland Shopping mall parking lot, various parking lots along SW Military Dr. near where I work on the southside. About the only place I personally don't see diapers in lots is downtown really. I pretty much go all over San Antonio except for the far eastside as I have no reason to be there (no family, work or friends there).

Old 07-03-2014, 09:46 AM

1,007 posts, read 1,209,636 times
It is funny because it is reasonably accurate, in spite of what people without a sense of humor think.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
I see diapers quite often at Crossroads Target parking lot by 410 and Fredericksburg near where I live, Wonderland Shopping mall parking lot, various parking lots along SW Military Dr. near where I work on the southside. About the only place I personally don't see diapers in lots is downtown really. I pretty much go all over San Antonio except for the far eastside as I have no reason to be there (no family, work or friends there).
and now it all makes sense...

Since we all like seroytypes... all of those locations have a certain kind of "perspn" that frequents them.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:02 AM

5,612 posts, read 6,392,105 times
Quote:
and now it all makes sense...

Since we all like seroytypes... all of those locations have a certain kind of "perspn" that frequents them.
Glad we can agree on something. I will just leave it at that.

Last edited by Azure110; 07-03-2014 at 10:13 AM.. Reason: Done with this discussion.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:59 AM

818 posts, read 980,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neshomamench View Post
It is funny because it is reasonably accurate, in spite of what people without a sense of humor think.
Someone take note of the day and time. I have actually agreed with Neshomamench AND MajorMadMax in the same week. We may be closer to the apocalypse than we realize.

Old 07-03-2014, 12:23 PM

171 posts, read 191,173 times
I enjoyed the map. I have often fantasized about living in SA and read the forum often. Mostly a happy group of people with positive things to say about their city.. I come for business often and stay in the same general area (a little north of hoodrats with jobs). I go walking for morning exercise and the area I walk through is full of chihuahuas. When this map was first posted I went to their website and looked at the maps for some of the other cities and Denver has a neighborhood labeled "loose chihuahuas". It made me laugh and feel cheated on SA's behalf that the neighborhood I like to walk through was not so designated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio