U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 12:43 PM

702 posts, read 610,188 times

Advertisements

100% accurate. Missing the Culebra Meat Market markers though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
What part of town?

I really only travel from the 1%'s area over to the "Seaworld" area then up to "rich Mexicans escaping kidnappings" and I occasionally make it out to the "money burner" part of town all while seeing no diapers...
Visit Ingram Mall, Southpark Mall, or the older Wallmart over near 151.

I love living in San Antonio, and I can't imagine living anywhere else. But San Anto has no shortage of pants-sagging teenage gangsters, ratchet-ass hoodrats, and backwards inconsiderate trash. Same as anywhere else in the world.

The best you can do is be the best person you can be, help how you can, and hope others do the same. That doesn't make the opened, half-eaten snack food on the HEB aisle, or the festering parking lot diaper, or the spray painted residential fence go away. Some folks like to pretend it doesn't exist though which is sad in a totally different way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 01:22 PM

3,751 posts, read 3,868,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EntropyGuardian View Post
100% accurate. Missing the Culebra Meat Market markers though.

Visit Ingram Mall, Southpark Mall, or the older Wallmart over near 151.

I love living in San Antonio, and I can't imagine living anywhere else. But San Anto has no shortage of pants-sagging teenage gangsters, ratchet-ass hoodrats, and backwards inconsiderate trash. Same as anywhere else in the world.

The best you can do is be the best person you can be, help how you can, and hope others do the same. That doesn't make the opened, half-eaten snack food on the HEB aisle, or the festering parking lot diaper, or the spray painted residential fence go away. Some folks like to pretend it doesn't exist though which is sad in a totally different way.
My point the whole time is everyone's experience is different.

I have no desire or need to go to any of the places listed. (not that I'm to good for the places mentioned I just shop at other locations out of pure convenience)

Old 07-03-2014, 01:26 PM

702 posts, read 610,188 times
Quote:
My point the whole time is everyone's experience is different.

I have no desire or need to go to any of the places listed. (not that I'm to good for the places mentioned I just shop at other locations out of pure convenience)
You only go to the area marked 1%, sea world, and the rim. Your experiences in many things, life included, will be different than mine. We are in full agreement.

Old 07-04-2014, 04:55 AM

1,128 posts, read 789,028 times
There is something about San Antonio that stands out and causes people to notice the litter, loose dogs, gang taggings, etc. It is ALL over...not just the "hood", like most other cities. We live in another large city and you have to go looking for these issues. It is not tolerated out in middle or upper class neighborhoods. It's not tolerated by businesses there, either. You sense pride in appearance when it comes to yards, roadways, and such. I have yet to see one bit of graffiti and there is no trash, furniture, or diapers around.
Everything was brand new when we lived on the far west side of SA. In the following years, the "newness" wore off. I remember my dad saying that if an area "peaks" when it's new, that is a bad sign- which is exactly what happened. You want your area to always be getting better. I don't care how many In-and -Out Burgers go up; that won't change the people.

Old 07-05-2014, 06:35 AM

733 posts, read 867,332 times
Quote:
Low Paying Office Jobs is not accurate for 410.

Westover Hills is not ghetto at all.

Helotes is not full of wealthy Hillbillies.

Stone Oak is predominantly white non-Hispanic...

In the lame bars area they only have 4 bars and most of those are "pre" this map.

You can tell the person that made map as never been to the NE side and seems pretty immature.
translation:

stop liking what i dont like.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by unintentionallyfunny View Post
You could have saved us all a few brain cells by omitting what was in-between.
thats pretty sad that you lose brain cells from reading posts on c-d. you should get a dr to check that out, might be life threatening!

that, or your brain just isnt cut out for modern society

Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
It seems like only two people so far have a major problem with the map, but these are the same two people who always have a problem with anything negative that's said about San Antonio. It's supposed to be funny in a non-PC way; most people seem to get that. I found about a dozen of these threads in other city forums. Generally, people like their judgmental maps. If you're offended by it, then don't look at it. It doesn't single out a single group. This is how people stereotype different parts of the city whether you like it or not. Why not try to focus on why so many people think this way even if you disagree.

i see you noticed our resident san antonio white knight league in action!

Old 01-22-2015, 10:37 PM

48 posts, read 65,926 times
TBH this is extremely helpful for someone moving to the area.

Old 01-23-2015, 12:54 AM

45 posts, read 46,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recklesscognition View Post
TBH this is extremely helpful for someone moving to the area.
It's not.

Unless that "someone" has a corresponding racist and judgmental mindset as that map.

The map is about as truthful and helpful as a 24/7 cable news channel.

Old 01-23-2015, 04:48 AM

2,721 posts, read 3,427,579 times
Default Wreck it, Ralph,

It is so, this is a completely non-scientific poll. Dirty diapers? A sound scientific survey was done by less scientifically inclined posters here that would post what conveniences them, simply to make public statements that give them some sort of self-gratificationas though what they say carries import.
Which , indeed , it does not.
Mental tractions only gains groudn when this negative energy gets
Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckitralph View Post
It's not.

Unless that "someone" has a corresponding racist and judgmental mindset as that map.

Old 01-23-2015, 07:12 AM

5,631 posts, read 6,441,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckitralph View Post
It's not.

I liked that map for the humor and as a lifelong resident of San Antonio who was born here....I feel it is mostly true.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:28 AM

447 posts, read 579,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
I liked that map for the humor and as a lifelong resident of San Antonio who was born here....I feel it is mostly true.
I laughed. They're stereotypes, not the truth. I especially liked the arbitrary speeding tickets around Leon Valley, Selma, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio