Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 04:03 PM

4,433 posts, read 5,343,648 times

Advertisements

Well it's still only 83???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2013, 09:33 PM

340 posts, read 586,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznative00 View Post
Tucson is more of a retirement community. Hence the need for a pharmacy on every corner. I would still take 115 in Tucson versus 95 in SA with the humidity any day. After a thunderstorm in Tucson, the temps can drop well into the upper 70's in the middle of summer. In SA after a thunderstorm, it just gets even more humid when you thought it couldn't get any worse, and becomes unbearable and hard to breathe. Kat Noose summed it up well on her post for both cities.
That's a bit of a blanket statement. It depends on the conveying winds after a thunderstorm which determines if it'll be muggy and overcast after a thunderstorm like a couple of weeks ago or if it'll be comfortable and cool after a thunderstorm like today.

115 degrees feels like a 115 degrees. 95 with humidity feels like 101-105 max. Either way, they're both uncomfortable to most.

Also, by your username there seems to be a default bias.

Old 06-30-2013, 09:34 PM

340 posts, read 586,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpantle View Post
^^Wait till the sun comes out.
That's what the temperature was when the clouds cleared up and the sky was blue and sunny. It felt very good today.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:05 PM

299 posts, read 545,230 times
I spent the first 35 yrs of my life back east. I have lived in San Antonio for 5 yrs in the 80s, 20 yrs in Phoenix before relocating to Tucson 2 yrs ago. I also lived in Tampa, Sacramento, Utah. I can take this heat better than SA and Tampa because of the humidity factor. When the temps here start rising over 100 it takes me approx 2 mos to get used to it, after that is seems normal. When the heat bothers me I relive having to shovel the snow to get my car out, driving down a steep hill on ice and snow. Having a bus hit a pothole and splash mud on me from head to toe-- on the way to work. Have 1 sweater-- not a closet full of coats and jackets for every occasion.

Life seems easier to me here-- prefer a simple lifestyle. No ice and snow to deal with, not much rain or wind so we ladies can 'keep a hairdo'. More casual in choice of clothing. It is wonderful relaxing on a covered patio, swimming year round.

For the young, not much in the way of jobs, careers, exciting night life. For some, hard to make GOOD friends.

My only regret-- family. Now that I am old I want to be with my family (big one). I am not able to travel long distances anymore, may never get to see my 3 yo great grandson. Miss my friends from my youth, although many have kept in touch off and on over the years. I miss seeing my nieces and nephews children growing up, the back yard family bar-b-ques, my brother-in-laws acting goofy and making everyone laugh.

Pick your city by your priorities.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:28 PM

1,361 posts, read 2,271,468 times
Serenity, either the 80s were substantially different from what I remember or you just compared your current home and lifestyle to somewhere other than San Antonio. It's only cold a few weeks of the year most years and alot of the things you enjoy doing fit SA most of the rest of the year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: