Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 01:02 PM

1,647 posts, read 2,050,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Just remember, if you have a RO system, change the filters every 6 months to ensure you are getting "GREAT" water!

Having said that, I drank "Unfiltered water" from both the faucet and hose in the summer time and have never felt that SA water tasted strange...but DH LOVES the RO feature.....he is not from these parts, South Dakota born and raised.

Water from the hose? Really? Paka must have an iron stomach! :0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 03:17 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,382,216 times
Hey, I am old and that was back in the day when if you asked to come into the house you were threatened with a nap...so EVERYONE here drank from the hose to remain outside playing!!! I actually LOVE the taste of the hose water...reminds me of my childhood and I bet I am not the ONLY one that say's that!! LOL

Old 07-07-2014, 03:40 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,328,040 times
LOVE water from the hose! Something about that...just reminds me of being a kid

Old 07-07-2014, 04:06 PM

48 posts, read 62,058 times
I wouldn't keep it. You have to change the filters often and they are quite expensive! I believe I used to pay $50-$70 twice a year when I had one out in Midland? Worth it there, but not in San Antonio IMHO.

Old 07-07-2014, 05:40 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,382,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
LOVE water from the hose! Something about that...just reminds me of being a kid
Yeah, I taste it and I am instantly 8 yrs old again.....LOL

So many kids these days have no "special" memories about summer....sitting on the front porch WISHING there was "something to do", drinking from the hose, playing in the "Wiggle Worm" water toy, skating with skate that CLAMPPED ONTO YOUR SHOES AND REQUIRED A KEY TO ADJUST, sewing by hand your base "swim patch" onto your bathing suit, walking to and from the base pool to spend all day hanging out with friends, jacks (and ALWAYS in search of a "better" golf ball to use vs the rubber ball the game came with), red rover, simon says, rolling in the grass until you itched EVERYWHERE!!! Those aluminum neon colored glasses filled with ice tea, homemade popsicles with the Tupperware mold, watermelon spitting contest....we KNEW how to celebrate summer back in the day!!!

Old 07-07-2014, 06:29 PM

270 posts, read 590,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KM1174 View Post
nasty is a compliment. its downright filthy disgusting.
I agree. We have a water softener plus reverse osmosis system at the house and the water tastes great. A huge difference to the water I got in a restaurant last weekend. I assume it was just normal tap water and I wasn't able to drink it.

A very strong chlorine smell, nasty taste and almost milky look. *urgh*

Old 07-07-2014, 06:53 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,415,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
Strange. Must happen only in certain areas. I don't ever remember getting cloudy water or "smoke" coming out of the faucet. While I don't always drink the tap water, I always use it for cooking.

Could be the pipes in your rental duplex?
I remember the water as always having been cloudy, and I've lived in a lot of apartments.

Old 07-08-2014, 10:10 AM

6,691 posts, read 8,707,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
I remember the water as always having been cloudy, and I've lived in a lot of apartments.
There must be some kind of secret filter before the water hits my house pipes then. I have yet to see this cloudy, milky, smoking water.

I don't expect the water to come out of my faucet as if it came from the Fiji islands, and I don't have complaints about what I currently get out of the faucet right now either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio