Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2014, 07:30 AM

3 posts, read 3,571 times

Advertisements

Hi y'all,

I will be visiting your city for about a week and would like some recommendations regarding the downtown nightlife. I am a young professional and would like to know what are some good bars/lounges in the downtown area? Preferably places that other young professionals go to.... I'm not really into the typical dive bar. Also I read about a place called the riverwalk that seemed interesting, just not sure what there is to do there. Thanks for helping a lady out, and I look forward to visiting your neck of the woods!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2014, 02:46 PM

424 posts, read 606,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyCali View Post
Hi y'all,

I will be visiting your city for about a week and would like some recommendations regarding the downtown nightlife. I am a young professional and would like to know what are some good bars/lounges in the downtown area? Preferably places that other young professionals go to.... I'm not really into the typical dive bar. Also I read about a place called the riverwalk that seemed interesting, just not sure what there is to do there. Thanks for helping a lady out, and I look forward to visiting your neck of the woods!!

You'll want to check out the Southtown and The Pearl areas. They're both filled with YP's. In Southtown check out Hotjoy and in The Pearl check out Blue Box.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 07-05-2014 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: Removed reference to a deleted post.

Old 07-05-2014, 02:48 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,409,062 times
The quarry area north of downtown has quite a few YP too. Stonewerks tavern, The hoffbrau are a few of the hangouts in the area.

Old 07-05-2014, 04:23 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,522,914 times
Quote:
Also I read about a place called the riverwalk that seemed interesting, just not sure what there is to do there. Thanks for helping a lady out, and I look forward to visiting your neck of the woods!!
We usually go to the River Walk whenever in San Antonio. Nice dining and verious events. They have a web site: The Official Website of The San Antonio River Walk

Old 07-05-2014, 05:31 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,953,660 times
You could go to Blue Box, Arcade bar area, Boiler House, Stay Golden, SoHo, Dorcol, Margaritas outside at La Gloria, V Bar, Brooklynite, Hot Joy, bar area at Feast, La Fruiteria, and 1919. All are in or around the downtown area.

Old 07-05-2014, 10:31 PM

318 posts, read 566,426 times
I agree with much of the recommendations above. The Riverwalk is a must see if you haven't been, but it is very touristy and chain restaurant dominated these days. If you must eat on the Riverwalk, try Boudro's or Acenar. For bars (some within great restaurants) in and around downtown, try: Swig, SoHo, Zinc, Ocho, The Monterrey, Feast, Hot Joy, Bar 1919, the Friendly Spot, Blue Box, Arcade Midtown Kitchen (barrel aged cocktails to die for!), the Brooklynite, the Luxury and Howl at the Moon if you want a dueling piano bar experience.

As someone else mentioned, the Quarry area has some good spots as well as around La Cantera in the burbs. Stonewerks (all three locations) and the Hofbrau are fun as well as Kona Grill.

Most of the spots in my list above are centered around the Pearl area or Southtown. Those are the centers of young, hip professionals and where they like to hang out but both are still developing and may feel a little edgy.

Have fun and use Ãœber to get around!

Old 07-06-2014, 10:01 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions y'all, I will definitely be checking out all those bars everyone mentioned. You guys have been a huge help, really appreciate it!!!!

Old 07-06-2014, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoerneMan View Post
I agree with much of the recommendations above. The Riverwalk is a must see if you haven't been, but it is very touristy and chain restaurant dominated these days. If you must eat on the Riverwalk, try Boudro's or Acenar. For bars (some within great restaurants) in and around downtown, try: Swig, SoHo, Zinc, Ocho, The Monterrey, Feast, Hot Joy, Bar 1919, the Friendly Spot, Blue Box, Arcade Midtown Kitchen (barrel aged cocktails to die for!), the Brooklynite, the Luxury and Howl at the Moon if you want a dueling piano bar experience.

As someone else mentioned, the Quarry area has some good spots as well as around La Cantera in the burbs. Stonewerks (all three locations) and the Hofbrau are fun as well as Kona Grill.

Most of the spots in my list above are centered around the Pearl area or Southtown. Those are the centers of young, hip professionals and where they like to hang out but both are still developing and may feel a little edgy.

Have fun and use Ãœber to get around!
What is über? And thanks for the recommendations.

Old 07-06-2014, 12:03 PM

318 posts, read 566,426 times
Quote:
What is über? And thanks for the recommendations.
It's an app-based ride sharing service. Like a cab but nicer and cheaper. It's available in most major cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: