U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-06-2014, 06:09 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
3,742 posts, read 3,843,839 times
Reputation: 3195

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
What were the highlights of the event from your standpoint? Seems like we've heard a lot about what people don't like about these events. Maybe it'd be helpful to hear more about why the event is good?

The news story I saw last night on KENS 5 had two shots of video. The newspaper said Leticia Van de Putte attended and interviewed a couple of attendees, but had no photos. I doubt she'd attend something that she didn't find to be positive, but the media doesn't seem to be interested in explaining it very well. Can we do better than that here?
It is basically a huge party for most of us that go. I enjoyed the floats and hanging out with friends that we don't get to see all the time.

As for the politician coming it makes perfect sense. She was at a politically friendly event and had the opportunity to get some free face time in front of thousands.

 
Old 07-06-2014, 06:15 PM
 
4,268 posts, read 8,357,221 times
Reputation: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
What you do in your bedroom is your business. Don't try to get it in mine, thanks.
Wow. You really think gay people want to get into your bedroom? Or that they care what happens in yours?
 
Old 07-06-2014, 06:26 PM
 
4,268 posts, read 8,357,221 times
Reputation: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
I also have an obligation to my own Christian values and moral code. That comes first. I'm certainly not going to encourage this kind of behavior shown at gay pride parades and elsewhere.
That's funny because 90% of the LGBT people I know in San Antonio have been in relationships for longer than most of the married people I know here (anywhere from 10-30+ years), are raising kids, fixing houses, contributing to the broader community, particularly local schools, in a variety of ways.

Seems pretty moral to me. In fact, some of them have been incredible role models for my kids, and for our own marriage.

Did you actually *see* the San Antonio pride parade? It's pretty tame usually. Occasionally something far out, but pretty mainstream, really.

It's a San Antonio group. You can discuss an old NYC parade in the NYC forum.
 
Old 07-06-2014, 06:29 PM
 
Location: San Antonio. Tx 78209
2,651 posts, read 6,506,798 times
Reputation: 1735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
What were the highlights of the event from your standpoint? Seems like we've heard a lot about what people don't like about these events. Maybe it'd be helpful to hear more about why the event is good?

The news story I saw last night on KENS 5 had two shots of video. The newspaper said Leticia Van de Putte attended and interviewed a couple of attendees, but had no photos. I doubt she'd attend something that she didn't find to be positive, but the media doesn't seem to be interested in explaining it very well. Can we do better than that here?
Here is a link to a slideshow, it looks like pretty mild affair.
Freedom to Love: San Antonians show Pride Bigger Than Texas | kens5.com San Antonio
 
Old 07-06-2014, 07:06 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
4,148 posts, read 4,705,844 times
Reputation: 4817
Most of the posters here who have an axe to grind about a small parade are living with their own demons. Trust me. They know who they are. I don't judge. After all, I'm a Christian.
 
Old 07-06-2014, 07:11 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
3,742 posts, read 3,843,839 times
Reputation: 3195
^^^ not seeing anyone judge gay people .

All the complaints have been about the lack of cloths on certain individuals attend the event.
 
Old 07-06-2014, 07:12 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
4,148 posts, read 4,705,844 times
Reputation: 4817
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
^^^ not seeing anyone judge gay people .

All the complaints have been about the lack of cloths on certain individuals attend the event.
Go back and read the comments again. [Mod cut: personal]

Last edited by elnina; 07-07-2014 at 02:55 AM..
 
Old 07-06-2014, 08:04 PM
 
Location: San Antonio. Tx 78209
2,651 posts, read 6,506,798 times
Reputation: 1735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
I don't need anyone defending me, and rynetwo knows it. He can think for himself, unlike some people here.
Just because people don't kowtow to you doesn't mean they aren't freethinkers, quite the opposite infact.
 
Old 07-06-2014, 08:13 PM
 
Location: San Antonio-Westover Hills
6,878 posts, read 18,179,034 times
Reputation: 5152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Wow. You really think gay people want to get into your bedroom? Or that they care what happens in yours?
Wow. You really don't understand a metaphor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
That's funny because 90% of the LGBT people I know in San Antonio have been in relationships for longer than most of the married people I know here (anywhere from 10-30+ years), are raising kids, fixing houses, contributing to the broader community, particularly local schools, in a variety of ways.

Seems pretty moral to me. In fact, some of them have been incredible role models for my kids, and for our own marriage.

Did you actually *see* the San Antonio pride parade? It's pretty tame usually. Occasionally something far out, but pretty mainstream, really.
Yep, sure did--or at least, about 10 minutes of it. One of my friends was in town from Houston and recorded it. Mainstream? Pffffft. OMG whatever, Chaka. What. Ever. Keep dreaming.

In any case, I've been to several over the years. I know what happens.

And, again, if you read my post, you'd know my argument is not with gay people who contribute to society (though raising children is a whole other subject).

Quote:
It's a San Antonio group. You can discuss an old NYC parade in the NYC forum.
I'm talking about SA. I never mentioned NYC. But, I think you know that. The photos I showed were from a San Antonio citizen's blog.

http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/22/42/00.../3/960x540.jpg

here's one...oh yes, very mainstream. Nothing like a buncha leather lovin' dudes to say, "Hey, we're here, we're *****, we're actually very normal and don't want to influence you and your children in any other way but the most moral and upstanding."

sure.

Again, be gay. Don't care. Whatevs. But don't pee on my head and tell me it's raining. Pride? You can have all the pride you want, and pass all the laws you want, but in the end, you have to earn respect.

That's all I'm saying on the subject. Good night!
 
Old 07-06-2014, 08:19 PM
 
4,268 posts, read 8,357,221 times
Reputation: 1785
Bigotry is alive and well in San Antonio!

I'm sure all soccer fans must be gay, since they're also contributing to the moral decay of America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:05 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top