U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 08:42 PM

933 posts, read 1,812,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
but the kids use it for gaming. Needless to say, they are pretty popular!
I can imagine they are!

How do I get on the adoption waiting list?

LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 08:44 PM

933 posts, read 1,812,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Sams=Walmart on Steroids
And also home of the $200 club...It goes up from there if you get electronic toys. Which reminds me, I need more salt for the water softener.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:13 PM

5,633 posts, read 13,941,393 times
Wow! I thought i was alone. My brother purchased Insignia from Best Buy cuz he knew an employee there and the employee convinced him it was a good buy. So, after I get my brother to personally go over to his house and strangle him, I'm going to sit down and tell him never to trust what a salesman tells you.

Anyways, I always thought the TV sucked....the colors were artifically pumped up and the quality left alot to be desired. My old early-90s JVC TV still is miles better and it can hold its own to even HiDef quality using the built in SVIDEO connection.

He also dropped the remote and now it no longer works. Not only that, but does it take forever for you to change the channels even with the remote?

Old 12-21-2007, 06:49 AM

8,400 posts, read 20,103,487 times
Well, I guess it is going to find its way into a dumpster somewhere. I asked my bud who has some property out on 90 out in the middle of nowhere if we could take it out there the next time he goes hunting so I can blow some holes into it. He thinks it will just make too much of a mess. I still can't believe what a piece of junk it was, and we have started looking around for a replacement. Luckily, since it sits in a German wall schrunk we have, we don't necessarily need a flatscreen. Any good suggestions on a cheap 27" TV??

Cheers! M2

Old 12-21-2007, 08:21 AM

2,330 posts, read 6,257,717 times
I have never bought a television from Best Buy. I more then usually use Conns to buy that type of stuff. Best Buy is where I get my computer products and have, like rd2007, been on some conversations with "kids" telling someone something they know absolutely nothing about.

Old 12-24-2007, 05:23 AM

3,669 posts, read 5,897,807 times
The newer Insignias are just rebranded LGs I believe. I am not sure if this is the case for all Insignias. You save a couple hundred by buying the in house brand and ours of course came with one of their warranties. As far as the salesmen, I talked to one of them and they do not work on commission.

Old 12-24-2007, 09:29 AM

443 posts, read 1,359,021 times
before buying electronics, tv's digital cam, camcorder, cellphones, etc...
do your homework by surfing the web to read unbiased reviews...
there's a lot out there ... they are really helpful...
and gives you in-depth pros and cons of a certain brand and models...
and even have model-to-model comparison...
i trust these websites more, than sales people...
then i go to the store to actually see the goods...
at that point, i already have a knowledge of what i am buying, and the salesperson can
just confirm of what i know... and a lot of times, they don't know what they are talking...

don't blame the store, they don't make them...

Old 03-06-2011, 09:46 AM

1 posts, read 1,452 times
Yep, took the hit on a Insignia this past week, was a gift. Lasted two years, guess what, called the Sears number and the only place in Dallas to repair this brand is no longer in business,and Sears doesn't touch 'em. Wonder why? Possibly being over run with requests to repair a poor product, and not being able to get replacement parts. Agree with never buying from Best Buy, that's where this gem we have comes from. Panasonic here we come!

Old 03-06-2011, 10:06 AM

14,613 posts, read 31,138,127 times
We now make the drive to Fry's in Austin for our electronic needs. And, it's kind of a fun store just to look around in.

Old 03-06-2011, 04:51 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,330,035 times
Insignia and Rocketfish are two Best Buy brands that are infamous for poor quality and impossible fixes... Always, always check with Consumer Reports either online or the magazine before appliance or electronics shopping. They truly are the clearinghouse for reviews that absolutely no bias.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. It's one of many reasons I no longer shop with Best Buy. They're too big, have almost no big-box competition any longer and have the customer service skill of head lice. That's not mentioning that almost all of their floor personal in any of their home theatre departments have no clue what they're talking about and just upsell to the point of stupidity.

Better deals online. Better customer service too,

BN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio