U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2014, 12:25 PM

54 posts, read 62,973 times

Advertisements

Hello, my family is considering a move to San Antonio very soon. I was wondering if the heat during the summer is a humid or dry heat? I don't mind heat, it's humidity that gets to me.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 12:30 PM

1,511 posts, read 1,554,881 times
Humidity in the mornings, typically burns off during the day (the hotter is gets) and returns somewhat in the evenings. Summer sucks...late spring and early fall suck somewhat less...and winter is very nice. Of course this is my opinion..and this topic frequently turns into a debate...watch out belowwwwwww.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:29 PM

14 posts, read 15,490 times
Pancho-Villa, I recently moved from San Antonio to Des Moines, and can tell you that San Antonio has a drier heat much less humid feel than the midwest or northeast. Today for example we are in the low 90's in Des Moines, and I can tell you the humidity is unbearable, the heat in Texas tends to be a drier heat and one you can actually get used to after living there for awhile. Heat sticks around til October in San Antonio, so be ready for a longer summer than Chicago. If u want to cool of take a 2 1/2 hr trip to Corpus Christi (the closest not the best) and hit the beach or Six Flags in San Antonio has a awesome water park !!! Enjoy !!!

Old 07-21-2014, 05:44 PM

15,891 posts, read 15,289,452 times
I've lived in both cities: San Antonio and Chicago.

Both are humid. When I moved back to Texas from Chicago I had to visit an ophthalmologist because my eyes became so dry. So, I'd say that Chicago is the more humid of the two.

The big difference for me is that San Antonio is always humid. Chicago, not so much during the winters.

Regardless, I love the culture of both the cities.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:31 PM

6,878 posts, read 18,211,587 times
Humidity is relative. Dew points (the temperature at which air becomes saturated) play a large part, too.

Wx Savvy | Science

Old 07-22-2014, 12:24 PM

7,629 posts, read 14,374,443 times
Never lived in Chicago....but can tell you the humidity here can be BRUTAL......and the older I get the less tolerant of it I seem to be.....

Old 07-22-2014, 12:34 PM

5,161 posts, read 9,722,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Never lived in Chicago....but can tell you the humidity here can be BRUTAL......and the older I get the less tolerant of it I seem to be.....
I'de have to disagree. I live in Baltimore for 25 years, down here for 7. Humidity isnt even close. It is so much worse back home. I don't even notice the humidity down here.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:48 PM

4,566 posts, read 4,432,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
I would also disagree. I have lived in Chicago, and now in San Antonio. I find it less humid here, and even though it is very hot lately (this is my first summer in SA), I would take this heat over the painful cold, ice, and snow ANY day. (I tell everyone, "You don't have to shovel heat!"). I've lived a lot of places, and so far, all things considered, SA is my favorite city!!

I will say that I am very grateful we bought a house with a pool!!! I am loving it more than I would have thought was possible!

Old 07-22-2014, 12:54 PM

41 posts, read 40,186 times
I lived most of my life in Wisconsin, last 5 years in SA. While this summer has been more humid, I find SA to be much less humid than hot days in the midwest.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:56 PM

7,629 posts, read 14,374,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
I would also disagree. I have lived in Chicago, and now in San Antonio. I find it less humid here, and even though it is very hot lately (this is my first summer in SA), I would take this heat over the painful cold, ice, and snow ANY day. (I tell everyone, "You don't have to shovel heat!"). I've lived a lot of places, and so far, all things considered, SA is my favorite city!!

I will say that I am very grateful we bought a house with a pool!!! I am loving it more than I would have thought was possible!
Again, NEVER lived in that area...but taking your word for the amt of humidity in that area, GRATEFUL because down here is more than enough for me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or