U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 08:18 AM

23,972 posts, read 32,691,527 times

Advertisements

I'll add this...while we usually get snow or ice at least once a winter in DFW, in SA it's much more rare. That's a good thing!

Plus...it may be hot in Texas, but at least you don't have to shovel heat.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:30 AM

9 posts, read 8,487 times
true..thank you all...hope to hear from the engineers out there about wooooork and salaries and such

Old 07-28-2014, 08:33 AM

1,198 posts, read 2,531,446 times
If you're an engineer you may want to consider Houston. You've got a lot of questions and don't want to answer them all but being an engineer you can really make some money where that industry is huge in, which is Houston. I'm not one or have facts but I've read 80-100
On avg being their salary.

Ok I'll add about the heat. It's no biggie to me & not as bad as Phoenix even w humidity. I mean, less people workout in the Middle of the day. In the evenings there are often cool breezes in the 70s to relax or exercise in, unlike some desert cities that stay in the 90s until past midnight. Just two days ago I went running in 90 degree heat w high humidity so it can be done if you have some shade.

All those mortgage questions.... Just go to bankrate or some banking site to calculate your mortgage, interest rate, etc. we can't tell you how much you should spend or finance.

But again, I'd look into Houston for the most bang for your buck in the engineering business.

Last edited by eastontracks; 07-28-2014 at 08:44 AM..

Old 07-28-2014, 09:03 AM

1,791 posts, read 2,435,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by net777 View Post
true..thank you all...hope to hear from the engineers out there about wooooork and salaries and such
Look at Indeed or Glassdoor.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:13 AM

2,721 posts, read 3,410,776 times
Default Yes,

To all. Plant supervisor, well, there really is not that much of a manufacturing base here,
opportunities (?) and yes- it is very , very hot. Acclimate.
Bugs , yes. Cactus and fire ants too. Watch for the latter two when hiking in those parks.Everything will sting , stick or bite ya. Watch out for that jumping cactus. )

Old 07-28-2014, 01:43 PM

Too bad .....we do not want to be in Houston....really like SA,what about Austin and the manufacturing base there?Thank you again in advance ....and to all..stay cool...and what the h...is a jumping cactus,we are in Mexico and never heard of it

Old 07-28-2014, 03:01 PM

6,140 posts, read 8,600,974 times
Honestly I haven't heard about much manufacturing in the south or central regions of Texas, maybe anywhere in Texas. We do have Toyota, but I'm not sure if that's what your husband is looking for. Do some research on glassdoor and some general googling to find your next home.

Old 07-28-2014, 03:28 PM

Our next home...we so want it to be your beautiful city of SA.You are so lucky to live there and we need to go where the jobs are...life is so unfair...We will try to attack the recruiting agencies in SA and see what ...Thank you,but again if you have friends in the engineering field,please ask them and all.Thanks again folks
P.S 287 views and only 6 answers?????
SA Are Tired Of Answering....

As for the states that are creating the most manufacturing jobs, Michigan tops the list followed by Texas, Indiana, Ohio and Wisconsin.
Manufacturing companies in those states offer products and services that range from autos, furniture, tools, computers, computer software, toys, plastics, food, liquor, machinery, piping, chemicals, oil and gas.

Last edited by net777; 07-28-2014 at 04:27 PM..

Old 07-28-2014, 04:43 PM

2,721 posts, read 3,410,776 times
Default Nah, not tired of answering questions about San ANtone,

Net 777 it is only that you asked for everything in your post from; financial advice to dietary wisdom and where too,s.....and where abouts.
Most of us here at CityData do this Alamo City question answering stuff part- time.

Some posters have even had the uniqueness to come online here, I remember, and have queried for Romantic advice. Needless to say we sometimes are ill-equipped to answer everything that is asked for on here.
We do what we can. I wish you only good returns for your efforts here, yes San Antonio is really a nice place. You might find something. That is a nice skillset. Regardless of some of the rancor that is sometimes posted here, in complete disregard of it, it is beautiful here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by net777 View Post
Our next home...we so want it to be your beautiful city of SA.You are so lucky to live there and we need to go where the jobs are...life is so unfair...We will try to attack the recruiting agencies in SA and see what ...Thank you,but again if you have friends in the engineering field,please ask them and all.Thanks again folks
P.S 250 views and only 6 answers?????
SA Are Tired Of Answering....

As for the states that are creating the most manufacturing jobs, are Michigan tops the list followed by Texas, Indiana, Ohio and Wisconsin.

Old 07-28-2014, 05:39 PM

Thank you all and I am sorry for the long post....really
We just love San Antonio....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or