Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2014, 09:37 PM

14 posts, read 46,318 times

Advertisements

I am trying to find an old Photo of a Fire Station #2 that was located on the Alamo Grounds around the 1927..It is Now I think the Alamo Hall Bldg... any photos would be appreciated...I am a Retired Fire Fighter of San Antonio, and looking for old pictures to add to the San Antonio Fire Museum that is now located behind the Alamo at the Old #1 Central Fire Station....

Thanks, this website is great, keep the photos coming and articles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2014, 09:19 AM

5,717 posts, read 18,906,789 times
Here's a couple of links to find old pics. There's also The Library of Congress to get old pics.
UTSA Digital Collections

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...nio+texas+pics

I show this to be Firehouse 11

Old 08-01-2014, 11:51 AM

4,307 posts, read 9,551,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
Here's a couple of links to find old pics. There's also The Library of Congress to get old pics.
UTSA Digital Collections

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...nio+texas+pics

I show this to be Firehouse 11
Nice, that's the fire station on S. Alamo and Water St. Up for sale and apparently under contract. Gorgeous place. I thought that was Station #1. Hmmm.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:14 PM

Thanks for the prompt reply...S.Alamo and Water Street is Number 7

Old 08-02-2014, 03:27 AM

424 posts, read 609,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Nice, that's the fire station on S. Alamo and Water St. Up for sale and apparently under contract. Gorgeous place. I thought that was Station #1. Hmmm.
Do you know who it's under contract to?

Also, as a resident of Southtown, do you think the Goodyear tire shop would be a prime spot for a 4-5 story boutique hotel?

Old 08-02-2014, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unintentionallyfunny View Post
Do you know who it's under contract to?
no idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by unintentionallyfunny View Post
Also, as a resident of Southtown, do you think the Goodyear tire shop would be a prime spot for a 4-5 story boutique hotel?
Hell no! As a resident of Southtown, I want elements of daily living in the area, not more tourist stuff. I love our restaurants and bars, but I don't live off them. Last thing we need is any sort of hotel in Southtown. Now, if the choice was between a chain hotel and boutique, I'd choose the latter, but the city needs to accept that real people live here - people with daily needs. No more hotels!

Besides, I know people don't like Goodyear, but I use it all the time for my auto needs for pure convenience. That I can walk there in 5 minutes to pick up my car makes it all worthwhile.

We need to use the space in Southtown for residents of Southtown, not just tourists. Downtown will never truly become urban if we continue to focus on tourism as the only source of downtown life.

Old 08-02-2014, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnlo View Post
Thanks for the prompt reply...S.Alamo and Water Street is Number 7
Thanks for clarifying. So the pic isn't that? Looks a lot like it. Lovely building either way!

Where is #11?

Old 08-20-2014, 08:25 PM

Default F.s. 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Thanks for clarifying. So the pic isn't that? Looks a lot like it. Lovely building either way!

Where is #11?
Fire Station 11 is at the Corner of Durango Blvf or Cesar Chavez and Frio City Rd, it is at the entrance to where you pay your tickets..It is currently being used as a Bail Bonds Bldg. It was located back in the 70's in the middle of a red light district...I worked there many times, plus it has a nice basement downstairs...We used to have a local man live downstairs in the basement and he would take care of the station while we were out on runs, so no one would come in an steal our equiptment...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: