U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 01:47 AM

1,568 posts, read 1,096,549 times

Advertisements

I'm from the northeast. I came down to SA a few days ago to visit family. We were driving along a 281 access road north of 1604 during rush hour when a car died, quickly causing traffic to back up. After a few minutes, three guys hopped out of a truck and pushed the dead car across three lanes of traffic and into a parking lot, with people in the other lanes backing up to make room for them. You would never see this in the northeast. People would just honk incessantly and do anything possible to cut their way to the front of the line to get around the dead car. I'm still marveling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2014, 06:15 AM

673 posts, read 575,208 times
Talking Pass it on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthnry View Post
I'm from the northeast. I came down to SA a few days ago to visit family. We were driving along a 281 access road north of 1604 during rush hour when a car died, quickly causing traffic to back up. After a few minutes, three guys hopped out of a truck and pushed the dead car across three lanes of traffic and into a parking lot, with people in the other lanes backing up to make room for them. You would never see this in the northeast. People would just honk incessantly and do anything possible to cut their way to the front of the line to get around the dead car. I'm still marveling.
I'm still smilin'! What a great experience...pass it on! Nice post to wake up to....

~Dandiday

Old 08-11-2014, 10:36 PM

2 posts, read 1,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post

[URL="http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/San-Antonio-among-friendliest-cities-5667644.php#photo-6284359"]San Antonio touted among friendliest cities in the U.S. - San Antonio Express-News[/URL]
I've heard this from people before. That San Antonio is a friendly and welcoming city. I've been looking at San Antonio as a possible new home. I'm having to leave CO because of respiratory issues, altitude and air quality due to all the fires and dry dust in the air. Every fire west of CO sends it's smoke in that direction. I went through a few years of life threatening asthma attacks and have been forced to leave. I need a warmer, lower altitude and more humid environment and San Antonio seems so nice from all I've seen so far. What can you tell me about air quality throughout the year?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio