U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-20-2014, 08:04 AM
 
Location: Stone Oak
487 posts, read 979,145 times
Reputation: 329

Advertisements

I'm sorry that Snow had such a horrible experience with Realtors and I'm thrilled Dandi is pleased with his personal accomplishments.
But there comes a time when we have to agree to disagree and move on to a new topic.

*** And thanks for the heads up in how highly regarded attorneys are! That was a new one for me!! (sarcasm)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-20-2014, 08:10 AM
 
Location: East Coast
673 posts, read 576,252 times
Reputation: 648
Default And your point is???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAggiemom View Post
I'm sorry that Snow had such a horrible experience with Realtors and I'm thrilled Dandi is pleased with his personal accomplishments.
But there comes a time when we have to agree to disagree and move on to a new topic.

*** And thanks for the heads up in how highly regarded attorneys are! That was a new one for me!! (sarcasm)
Now, now, let's not be sarcastic or vicious!!! You're a realtor, after all, and have a "standard" to uphold!

Lawyers have every right to do what they do, as well as realtors have the same right to continue to (ahem) do what they do...well or otherwise!!!

Dandiday
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2014, 08:50 AM
 
Location: Lee's Summit MO
98 posts, read 204,919 times
Reputation: 113
If the others read carefully it/s more like the 80-/20 rule, 80% unprofessional and the other 20% who are competent get the job done and are pros by making many sales and geting the referrals., and having satisfied clients. My point is that in this part of the usa lots of unprofessional realtors/sellers/lenders. I will also throw in contractors/homehandymen into that mix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2014, 09:08 AM
 
1,175 posts, read 1,174,127 times
Reputation: 1325
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
Oh, do ya now??? Just inform me, please, how do you know he wouldn't have contacts or any assistance? I had GREAT referrals for inspectors (not just a lonnnngggg list that realtors give you, saying to "pick one" because they legally can't recommend one over the other.)
I never said I KNEW, I said I doubt. I still doubt any real estate attorney has the experience a good realtor does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
All of my transactions have gone MUCH BETTER with an attorney LEGALLY representing me, over the questionable allegiance from the woefully inept buyer's agent I had the misfortune to work with. I discovered that most realtors don't have an attorney "on board" to review any paperwork or addendums. Hmmm...
So, you're basing your opinion of realtors on your experience with just one or two? That seems reasonable. I'd much rather have someone who knows the paperwork, process, and many of the players in and out because he's doing it all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
My real estate attorney has been in the area for over 25 years, has contacts, and did just a fantastic job for us!!!
My attorney just cost a whole lot less than a buyer's agent would have. As I said, the proof is in the puddin'.
If you were buying, you likely wouldn't have paid anyway, so I'd say you likely paid more because you used an attorney instead of a REA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
I've done very well for myself, thank you very much. And, the time I spent was WELL worth the 50K I wound up saving from one memorable purchase !!! Also, the savings of well over 65-70K from the sale of another!
I dispute that you couldn't possibly know what you saved since you didn't do the exact same deal with a Real Estate Agent, and again, the seller usually pays the commission anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
I'd say a couple day's work and time was well-spent with these figures....wouldn't you???

Dandiday
I just want to close with this.
For someone who complained about "Snide remarks, sarcasm,negative posters" after your first few posts, you're repeating some of the same behaviors in your reply to me.
I guess I should just say, welcome to the forum, you're just like the regulars now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2014, 09:29 AM
 
Location: Kallison Ranch
41 posts, read 40,000 times
Reputation: 35
Have to agree with Prim8 on this one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2014, 09:47 AM
 
5,624 posts, read 6,415,941 times
Reputation: 3594
I don't really think realtors have anything to worry about because most people will continue to use them for real estate transations.

Many people are perfectly capable of changing their oil in their car, but choose to go to jiffy lube instead. Just have to do a little research such as what type of oil to use, type of oil filter, etc.

It is easier, less messy and less headache to have someone do all the work for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2014, 09:47 AM
 
Location: San Antonio
4,149 posts, read 9,311,940 times
Reputation: 3308
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbozo13 View Post
If the others read carefully it/s more like the 80-/20 rule, 80% unprofessional and the other 20% who are competent get the job done and are pros by making many sales and geting the referrals., and having satisfied clients. My point is that in this part of the usa lots of unprofessional realtors/sellers/lenders. I will also throw in contractors/homehandymen into that mix.
This is true, and it's more like 90/10. However, I call that job security for myself and those in my profession that DO give a damn and work hard.

This is the case in ANY line of work. Always has been. You just need to take your time and make sure you research the person you ask to help you. Ask for referrals. Ask if you can call their previous clients if need be.

The key is doing your research. Just because someone has a license doesn't mean they're good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2014, 11:36 AM
 
Location: East Coast
673 posts, read 576,252 times
Reputation: 648
Default Good luck to Snow!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prim8 View Post
I never said I KNEW, I said I doubt. I still doubt any real estate attorney has the experience a good realtor does.

So, you're basing your opinion of realtors on your experience with just one or two? That seems reasonable. I'd much rather have someone who knows the paperwork, process, and many of the players in and out because he's doing it all the time.

If you were buying, you likely wouldn't have paid anyway, so I'd say you likely paid more because you used an attorney instead of a REA.

I dispute that you couldn't possibly know what you saved since you didn't do the exact same deal with a Real Estate Agent, and again, the seller usually pays the commission anyway.

I just want to close with this.
For someone who complained about "Snide remarks, sarcasm,negative posters" after your first few posts, you're repeating some of the same behaviors in your reply to me.
I guess I should just say, welcome to the forum, you're just like the regulars now!
Never said snide remarks, nor negative posters.
I just thought that Aggie's post was akin to calling the kettle black - I defended my Real estate attorney...not the scum who get criminals off, lie, etc.

Also, no...not just one or two. I know many, many realtors, including some family members .

Look, the bottom line is buying/selling property without a realtor ISN'T a difficult thing to do!!!

If you bothered to read my previous posts, you would have gleaned the fact I said there are some excellent ones out there, and if you're not familiar with the market, get a great realtor!

But then again, I shouldn't really have to prove anything to you, as I have my own experience with real estate, which was very successful.

I'm not sorry if that upsets anyone! Again, it's NOT rocket science, OR surgery!

Well, I agree with Aggie...time to move on...

I just wish Snow the best of luck, whatever his informed decision is!!!

Dandiday
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2014, 11:39 AM
 
Location: East Coast
673 posts, read 576,252 times
Reputation: 648
One more tidbit...I think we all can agree that the buyer DOES, at least in part, "pay" for the buyer's agent. At least, that's what my own experience has been, and confirmed by my realtor friends and family.

It's part of the asking price....

DD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2014, 12:50 PM
 
1,175 posts, read 1,174,127 times
Reputation: 1325
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
Never said snide remarks, nor negative posters.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/35288314-post28.html
That says otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
I just thought that Aggie's post was akin to calling the kettle black - I defended my Real estate attorney...not the scum who get criminals off, lie, etc.

Also, no...not just one or two. I know many, many realtors, including some family members .
Maybe none of them are any good, or maybe knowing them gave you a benefit to make a better deal that the average person doesn't have. Either way, you're making it sound like it's easy to save $50000 just by not getting a Real Estate Agent and I'm saying for 90% of the people out there, if not more it's not going to save them money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
Look, the bottom line is buying/selling property without a realtor ISN'T a difficult thing to do!!!
It's a difficult thing to do as well as a good realtor though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
If you bothered to read my previous posts, you would have gleaned the fact I said there are some excellent ones out there, and if you're not familiar with the market, get a great realtor!

But then again, I shouldn't really have to prove anything to you, as I have my own experience with real estate, which was very successful.
I'm just saying your experience alone isn't enough of a sample size to dictate everyone's results.
It's like going to 3 Spurs games, and they lost all three times. Then saying that the Spurs always lose because that's your experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:17 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top