U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 11:34 AM

874 posts, read 1,157,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memo619 View Post
Okay just to let people know i get $1600 a month from the VA for knee and back injuries but that doesnt stop me from working also i plan on going to school for x ray tech since there is only one school here in san diego and has a waiting list to get into the program
That amount won't get you very far here. Assuming you get Chapter 33 benefits, that will help while you are in school, but that has limits. Don't undervalue having a supportive family. Do your homework and make the call based on facts and not emotion. Don't ask the opinions of complete strangers like me and my friends on CD. We may be great people, but if your plan fails...our support isn't worth a dime! This is about your future and CD is good for gathering info, but our opinions are just that...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2014, 01:18 PM

2,721 posts, read 3,410,776 times
Default Memo,

I believe you would be fine here on this stated allotment, veterans bennies and a part-time job.

Come on down, the water, is, fine. Just save enough money to get by on until the "Ball is completely Rollling " and your income from military entitlements is flowing freely so that there are no glitches and "dry spots" where you might run out of money.
Many people do not earn these figures you've quoted around here, even working full time, and, there are always opportunities in the medical field in case you like it here enough to remain later on. Many military people just plain end up staying here and calling San Antonio, home. This scenario has gone on for decades.
There is a reason that this city, San Antonio, used to be called "The mother-in-law of the Army" .
Some move here for the climate.

Lots and lots of people have relocated here to the "Alamo city" from all walks of life, particularly during economic recessions and so the population has expanded very rapidly since the eighties ,by at least 33% or more, so, your coming will only make it worse.
Just kidding, welcome to San Antonio and best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memo619 View Post
Okay just to let people know i get $1600 a month from the VA for knee and back injuries but that doesnt stop me from working also i plan on going to school for x ray tech since there is only one school here in san diego and has a waiting list to get into the program
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or