U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 06:47 PM

816 posts, read 1,474,961 times

Advertisements

One of the benefits to actually living within the city limits is the presence of zoning overlays. The fact that the property lies outside the city limits means that almost anything could be built there - a 24hr truck stop, a carnival, etc. The point (in the online petition) that the apartment will overlook the back yards of some residents is irrevelant. The residents may prevent the affordable nature of the project, but if the developer really wants to build an apartment complex, I can't see how he could be forced to abandon the project. In other words, low income doesn't equal higher population density... higher residential unit density = higher population density.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2014, 12:21 PM

221 posts, read 500,481 times
Does anyone know exactly where these apartments are located are they further down Galm near the middle school or off 1560 itself?

Old 09-30-2014, 01:02 PM

1,877 posts, read 2,306,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawatchdog View Post
Does anyone know exactly where these apartments are located are they further down Galm near the middle school or off 1560 itself?
If you will read thru the posts, you will find out this is mostly rumor.....so far.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:58 PM

5 posts, read 6,435 times
This info in original post is wrong.

Old 10-07-2014, 06:40 AM

26 posts, read 55,410 times
The address for the Eagle's Rest apartments in 8401 FM 1560. This is located right behind my house, I live in the Silver Oaks subdivision. We met with the developer last night. All in all, it sounds like the developer (NRP Group) will do a good job of maintaining the buildings, screening residents and keeping the property properly managed (they develop, construct and manager their properties). So after that meeting I am ok as I can be about this project. They have even offered to let us have our HOA meetings in their amenity center.

Old 10-07-2014, 11:48 AM

874 posts, read 1,157,889 times
Did you get it all in writing? Developer will promise anything and everything to clear your opposition out of the way. They aren't altruists. They are business people.

Old 10-07-2014, 12:23 PM

6,146 posts, read 8,603,159 times
NRP is actually an alright group to be working with. Just looking at their website they have a variety of properties in different parts of the city, from southwest to northeast and a few downtown. Some are low income, while Cevallos Lofts and Big Tex near Blue Star are also NRP properties. Not to say they won't back out on promises, but they don't have a horrid reputation, outside of people moving from property to property as many property management companies have (so maybe communication wouldn't be the best.) Here is the map for properties: The NRP Group Communities

Old 10-07-2014, 01:57 PM

874 posts, read 1,157,889 times
I didn't say NRP were bad people, but rather they were business people. Like me, there motives are rooted in making money (which is a good thing in my book), but as that is what motivates them, any promises made should be in writing. If they don't agree to do that, then their promises are empty ones. Things in writing tend to be remembered while spoken agreements get lost in the breeze.

Old 12-12-2015, 06:04 PM

366 posts, read 348,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
You are grasping at straws here now. I did not see anyone here use the term 'penthouse' and I know I didn't. Being in a safe neighborhood is what I would want for any struggling mother with children such as in your case when you were young, section 8 or not. That doesn't mean they need to be in luxury penthouses.
How many people want to live in luxury penthouses? I'm extremely afraid of heights so it wouldn't work out well for me. Some idiot child in NY whose family had a pool was trying to rub my nose in it one day with, "Don't you wish YOU had a pool?" And I was like, "No, I can't even swim." What am I going to do with a pool if I can't even swim? Pay for its upkeep and just stick my feet in it now and then? So impractical. (Not everyone's jealous of what you have.)

Old 12-12-2015, 06:47 PM

5,623 posts, read 6,409,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSonner View Post
How many people want to live in luxury penthouses? I'm extremely afraid of heights so it wouldn't work out well for me. Some idiot child in NY whose family had a pool was trying to rub my nose in it one day with, "Don't you wish YOU had a pool?" And I was like, "No, I can't even swim." What am I going to do with a pool if I can't even swim? Pay for its upkeep and just stick my feet in it now and then? So impractical. (Not everyone's jealous of what you have.)
Ook....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio