U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 11:50 AM

6,142 posts, read 8,600,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlamoCpl View Post
I guess you didn't bother to read what I was originally responding to. You may have not been able to read from the high horse you're riding on. Maybe go back and re-read the post I was responding to, so you can be more informed.
I read your post. And yes, you were responding to an intelligent post (which I happen to agree with). I also agree with your education statement. And I responded to your question about jobs being more prevalent in the 1560 area, which I tend to think is true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2014, 11:56 AM

427 posts, read 1,036,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
I read your post. And yes, you were responding to an intelligent post (which I happen to agree with). I also agree with your education statement. And I responded to your question about jobs being more prevalent in the 1560 area, which I tend to think is true.
I tend to think it's completely false. I also don't have a problem disagreeing with an opinion or having someone disagree with mine. I'm just not into trying to label people I know, or don't know. I don't think it makes your point stronger to call someone names or label them.

I'm out.

Old 08-28-2014, 12:06 PM

163 posts, read 150,249 times
Quote:
I have never felt unsafe driving down Woodstone. It's not the prettiest place but it's not an area I would avoid.
Would you live in one of the complexes on that road?

Old 08-28-2014, 12:24 PM

21 posts, read 35,077 times
Quote:
God forbid Section 8 be outside of 410.
And.......here we go...........

Old 08-28-2014, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis449 View Post
Sure. If it was convenient for me and didn't have bugs crawling all over. That's the only deal breaker for me.

Old 08-28-2014, 02:12 PM

5,623 posts, read 6,408,601 times
Quote:
I would have no issue living off woodstone if I was still a college student or young single person however I own a house now. What is your point again? So much for being "warm and welcoming" here when you want to judge and reject anyone that doesn't conform to your own lifestyle.

Old 08-28-2014, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
I would have no issue living off woodstone if I was still a college student or young single person however I own a house now. What is your point again? So much for being "warm and welcoming" here when you want to judge and reject anyone that doesn't conform to your own lifestyle.

Ok...

Old 08-28-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
There are way tougher areas in the city than Woodstone. I lived a stone's throw (pun intended) from Woodstone growing up. It was never an area that my parents were like "Woah there, we don't go there..."

And not to mention Woodstone is way out of the way from FM 1560 which is what the original post is about.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
There are way tougher areas in the city than Woodstone. I lived a stone's throw (pun intended) from Woodstone growing up. It was never an area that my parents were like "Woah there, we don't go there..."

And not to mention Woodstone is way out of the way from FM 1560 which is what the original post is about.
You missed the point then. I was using that as an example of how Section 8 housing can effect what is, otherwise, a very nice area...so, yes, it's relevant.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:29 AM

Quote:
You missed the point then. I was using that as an example of how Section 8 housing can effect what is, otherwise, a very nice area...so, yes, it's relevant.
Well, imho, the Woodstone area has not effected the Huebner Oaks area in anyway. It's just another street in the area. The property values of the homes in the area (Huntington Place) have remained steady since they were built in the late 90s and things have been built near and around Woodstone since that time (the strip center was built in the mid.late 90s and the Valero, etc, whatever are a later addition as well).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio