U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 02:19 PM

52 posts, read 113,101 times

Advertisements

Anna's Linens is shown next to Dicks Sporting goods on a map of the shopping center. When I drove by there a few weeks ago though I didnt see any sign or anything like with some of the other stores. I hope they will be opening one there I love that store!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2008, 08:42 PM

2,216 posts, read 2,715,161 times
We went to Dick's Sporting Goods....Nice store, but limited in some selections. I noticed they have this huge lacrosse section. Soccer was "eh". I was looking for goalie specialty items and found none of course. Hubby and I stopped to talk to the manager and a clerk. He said that they really are trying to get to know this part of the south and what works and what doesn't. Also, that the company hire ups are good about taking requests from the community and making changes. We loved them in Atlanta, however there is no Academy there that they had to compete with. In order to make it against Academy I think they will have to make some changes.

Old 07-19-2008, 09:00 PM

777 posts, read 1,626,108 times
My wife and I checked out Dick's, BAM and witnessed the Super Target trick where they get customers to grab a shopping cart and head for the locked door. That was funny, but I didn't have the heart to take a picture of the embarrassed lady. Those Target people are full of laughs.

We were not impressed with Dick's. Nice place and all, but having never been to one, we were all hyped-up for a mini-version of Cabelas or something a little more exciting.

For sure when I saw the display containing a plastic 32oz water bottle (the kind they give away as promotional items at events) for $9.99, I was pretty much convinced to move along.

BAM was pleasant. Sort of a cut rate version of B&N. I can easily see making the short trip here over fighting the traffic to Bandera Pointe.
Attached Thumbnails
alamo ranch shopping center-dicks2.jpg  

Old 07-19-2008, 09:34 PM

8,355 posts, read 13,171,101 times
I stopped by Dick's today, wanted to see how it compared to the other one that recently opened up at the Rim. I heard a lot of good things about this store from my buds up in the DFW area; but I wasn't impressed. For one, the AR one had no pistols for sale, and the "cheap" ammo was still more expensive than WalMart. And the price of hammocks was ridiculous. There were a lot of employees standing around and honestly not a lot of customers. I will be in no rush to go back...

Now Cabela's, that's a different story! Why don't we have one of those down here?

Cheers! M2

Old 07-19-2008, 09:48 PM

111 posts, read 558,111 times
Nope - gonna have to go to Buda for that! Cabella's will never come to SA - especially not with Bass Pro here. Just my opinion.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:02 AM

13,805 posts, read 18,894,103 times
I was watching the KABB (local FOX) morning show this morning and they had a Jamba Juice guy on. He said there will be four of them in SA by the end of the year. Broadway and Hildebrand, 281/stone oak, across from the Quarry, and ALAMO RANCH. I was joking with my daughter about a month ago that they were opening one there because her two favorite places (Olive Garden and Chick-Fil-A) are opening and Jamba Juice would make it the ultimate trio.

Old 07-21-2008, 02:46 PM

1,454 posts, read 1,623,059 times
I was a bit disappointed with the size of Dick's (from the outside--haven't been in yet) after getting used to them up in Northern VA (2-story monsters). Also, I doubt they'll have much in the way of ski/snowboard stuff...that's about the extent of my athletic ability!

--Dim

Old 07-21-2008, 02:54 PM

2,216 posts, read 2,715,161 times
Yes, the two story ones are incredible. We miss those too. Don't recall seeing ski stuff. A large golf and lacross section though.

Old 07-21-2008, 04:59 PM

791 posts, read 2,111,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
I stopped by Dick's today, wanted to see how it compared to the other one that recently opened up at the Rim. I heard a lot of good things about this store from my buds up in the DFW area; but I wasn't impressed. For one, the AR one had no pistols for sale, and the "cheap" ammo was still more expensive than WalMart. And the price of hammocks was ridiculous. There were a lot of employees standing around and honestly not a lot of customers. I will be in no rush to go back...

Now Cabela's, that's a different story! Why don't we have one of those down here?

Cheers! M2
Yes, I also love Cabela's. I wish we had one here instead of Bass Pro. Plus Cabela's has kettle corn! When I used to live in the Austin area, I would stop by and pick some "corn" up to bring down to SA for family.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:40 PM

111 posts, read 558,111 times
JAMBA JUICE at AR - AWESOME
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio