Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 09:50 PM

16 posts, read 69,833 times

Advertisements

A feral cat left her kittens in my outdoor storage area. As we already have a feral cat problem, I don't want to just leave them and hope mom comes back. I've brought them in and am feeding them, burping them, etc. What I need is a place to take them. They are probably 3-4 weeks old, ears not upright yet, wobbly walkers, but pretty feisty when I tried to feed them.

It sucks that I pay city taxes but can't use the animal shelter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 10:06 PM

263 posts, read 480,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanocsd View Post
A feral cat left her kittens in my outdoor storage area. As we already have a feral cat problem, I don't want to just leave them and hope mom comes back. I've brought them in and am feeding them, burping them, etc. What I need is a place to take them. They are probably 3-4 weeks old, ears not upright yet, wobbly walkers, but pretty feisty when I tried to feed them.

It sucks that I pay city taxes but can't use the animal shelter.
Try the animal shelter where they can be adopted on FREDRICKSBURG RD and 410 just outside the loop,I can't twirl my finger like that young lady does on that commercial,but try there,they'll help you out

Old 04-24-2013, 10:26 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,861,727 times
There's the Animal Defense League and the Humane Society (that's the one on Fred rd). Call before you take them and find out what's involved, they may not accept them.

You could also post an ad on Craigslist and see if someone wants to bottle-feed them. I saw an ad the other day from someone who wanted a kitten to bottle feed. But be careful that someone doesn't take them for snake food.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:35 PM

500 posts, read 969,044 times
Have you tried these folks?

sanantonioferalcats.org

Old 04-25-2013, 06:13 AM

1,276 posts, read 3,824,520 times
There's also San Antonio Pets Alive that will pull litters from Animal Care Services and send them to their cattery on Marbach or foster homes that have space--ultimately adopting them out and saving them from euthanasia from ACS. They are located in...I think Building 1 of the ACS campus on 151.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:07 AM

1,690 posts, read 3,616,454 times
I'm sure San Antonio Pets Alive has a new kitten nursery on Marbach try them.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:46 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,981,665 times
Why can't you take them to the city shelter? Take 'em to the new one on 151 near 90...

Old 04-25-2013, 01:40 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,824,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Why can't you take them to the city shelter? Take 'em to the new one on 151 near 90...
My understanding is that they will immediately be sent to euthanasia at the end of the day, but chances are high that San Antonio Pets Alive (who is in one of their buildings right on the same campus) will pull them and send them to foster (if they have someone with space) or to their cattery on Marbach.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:57 AM

52 posts, read 93,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadleyzoo View Post
My understanding is that they will immediately be sent to euthanasia at the end of the day, but chances are high that San Antonio Pets Alive (who is in one of their buildings right on the same campus) will pull them and send them to foster (if they have someone with space) or to their cattery on Marbach.
nope. they will care for kittens and the momma cat, thats it. they will not take in strays that you call in.

you can call 311 and they will send someone out to get them.

ive done this once before with a box of 4-6 week old kittens i found in a walmart parking lot. city came out a few hours later, picked em up and assured me that momma cats and their kittens are not put to sleep immediately.

if you still need to find them a foster, i can take them in and find them good homes. i have 2 well socialized male ragdolls who get along with anyone and love kittens (theyve been around them before and were the best behaved cats ever)

Old 04-27-2013, 11:24 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,472,326 times
I've taken a few strays to Animal Care Services. From my experience, some of the employees will tell you they'll be euthanized in 3 days if they're not adopted, but that's generally not true. The Humane Society normally has room for very small puppies and kittens and nothing else. The Animal Defense League seems to never have room. As others have said, San Antonio Pets Alive works closely with ACS to save animals from euthanasia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio