U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 01:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,939 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any updates on when the COSTCO will be built in the Alamo Ranch area? What about the HEB?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 02:39 PM

84 posts, read 109,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perezlg View Post
Does anyone have any updates on when the COSTCO will be built in the Alamo Ranch area? What about the HEB?

Thanks
AR is getting a Costco?! We need a Costco on this side of town. Glad to hear that. I know the land across 1604 at Alamo & AR parkway was purchased by HEB, so I think it's just a matter of time before that's built.

Old 07-14-2015, 10:14 PM

4 posts, read 4,218 times
Default Alamo Ranch Store Closings

This just in...

Shoe Carnival is closing their location @ Alamo Ranch on 7/19/15. I talked to the manager directly, he stated that their lease is up, and the developer wanted to double the rent, whatever it may be. Shoe Carnival has other locations in San Antonio that will remain open; it is only this location that is closing. They have a pretty good sale going on at this location to clear the merchandise :-)

Ruby Tuesday closed a few weeks ago, along with their other location in San Antonio. They never seemed to be very busy, and the few times I went, it was visibly dirty. I don't believe the company as a whole is going out of business, but I do believe they are closing their underperforming locations.

Anna's Linens is closing soon. As a matter of fact, ALL Anna's Linens are closing soon, due to bankruptcy.

There are some other businesses in Alamo Ranch that I wish would go out of business, but that's another issue.

Old 07-15-2015, 06:51 AM

135 posts, read 183,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perezlg View Post

Thanks
There isn't going to be one, COSTCO was just a rumor at the time. This thread is pretty old. As for HEB, there has been a recent article floating around stating that HEB would like to open three new stores including their new restaurant concept such as the Stone Oak store before the end of 2016. Hopefully ours will be one of them. You can find it on the SA Biz Journal, but no locations are provided. I saw another around the same time that specifically mentioned the northwest side and name dropped Alamo Ranch, FM 211, and Potranco past Tally Rd as potential locations, but I can't find that article.

Old 07-18-2015, 06:52 PM

261 posts, read 252,705 times
Getting ready for when they get annexed and taxes increase

Old 01-05-2016, 03:41 PM

410 posts, read 1,141,049 times
Books a Million is closing too. Anyone know what is going in there?

Ruby Tues is being replaced by a Jasons Deli.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrlatsha View Post
Books a Million is closing too. Anyone know what is going in there?

Ruby Tues is being replaced by a Jasons Deli.
It probably has to close first before anyone decides to move in. It's a pretty big space too, but It may sit for a while. Radio shack and Anna's Linens are still vacant. I wouldn't mind an Old Navy or something like that.

Old 01-07-2016, 09:23 AM

7,629 posts, read 14,350,246 times
I would think the "larger" space would fill before those smaller ones like Radio Shack and Anna's, but that is just an opinion. I would not be at all surprised to see Old Navy move into that spot, but just a hunch.

Old 01-11-2016, 08:52 AM

I hope so. I think an Old Navy would do well in our area. The closest stores are Bandera and Ingram. Anna's is probably about half the size so yea, it could be because of the limited space that is hasn't been filled yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or