Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2014, 03:11 PM

1,893 posts, read 5,588,394 times

Advertisements

I had a sales person from AT&T stop by yesterday. They were offering, since I have AT&T cell phone service, to bundle my internet, TV and land line together for less than half what Time Warner is charging me. I have been tempted lately to cut the cord on cable TV anyway because of the rising cost and poor content. Does anyone have any experience with AT&T internet and/or TV?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2014, 03:24 PM

443 posts, read 954,788 times
From what I understand, it depends upon where you are located. Speaking with your neighbors is the best course of action.

Are they really willing to bundle your landline in with the deal? They've only offered me VOIP. Keep in mind that there is a delay when you pick up the phone if you choose to switch to an IP phone.

One other word of advice, get the speeds they are quoting in writing. I had a guy come by my house to tell me they had 24mbs down. I even had him double check. Then someone called offering 50mbs. I talked with his supervisor and that went down to like 30. I asked for some time to think about it and when they called me back another supervisor stated they only had 18mbs in my area.

The original supervisor said I could get a free upgrade when the speeds were upgraded, but had to call to request it. The other supervisor said that wasn't possible. It's similar in quality to the answers I have gotten from employees at their cellular store.

Old 09-21-2014, 11:15 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,925,997 times
I have AT&T Uverse with home phone and internet. No TV. We rarely turn on a TV here. The internet comes to me via optical cable and download speeds are 23m. The phone comes via a modem that was supplied with the deal. I was originally on AT&T and when they changed over to optical, I had no choice but to change to Uverse or get something else. It's worked out great for me. Generally speaking, most any TV program I can watch when I want to or have the time via the internet. Movies are the same way, some are first run movies that studios are looking for feedback to target their advertising dollars. Occasionally you get to see one before it hits the theaters. There's a ton of sports on the net as well but it requires high speed internet. And I don't have to spend 1/3 of my time watching worthless commercials. Uverse does it for me. If your current TV can be hooked up to your PC, you're really in the drivers seat with watching what you want, when you want..........and commercial free.
Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

FWIW, I know a few folks will claim that Uverse will slow down once you exceed a certain amount of data. I've experienced no slow down at all. My bill with call any where in the USA free, costs me about 60 bucks with internet that you see posted. Works for me.

So I don't get a ton of PMs
Watch all tv series online for FREE
Watch Recent Episodes - Watch Series Online Free
movie-forumz.tv - Full Length Free Movies To Watch
TV Show Episodes Coming out Sunday 21 Sep 2014
There are probably another 100 websites out there just like these

Old 09-22-2014, 07:24 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion View Post
From what I understand, it depends upon where you are located. Speaking with your neighbors is the best course of action.
I second this. The farther your home is located from their network switch, the slower your service will be. There has been a lot of discussion about slow UVerse speeds on my neighborhood's Nextdoor message board.

Old 09-22-2014, 07:37 AM

1,893 posts, read 5,588,394 times
I called TW and they dropped my payment down by about 35% so that helps but I am still looking to lower the expense some more. My biggest concerns going with another carrior is signal quality, channels offered, and customer support and of course cost. I have alway been happy with TW tech help when something goes wrong but there are only about 1/2 dozen channels that I care about and my monthly bill was over $200. Just doesn't seem worth it. I don't want to be too hasty about dropping my existing service until I am confident I will be happy with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio