Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 05:46 PM

46 posts, read 42,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowpix View Post
I think of them as "insurance" against the occasional and unintentional speeding incident.
With all of the technology available now, it should be only a matter of time that our vehicles will be able to tell us when we are speeding. If this is not already available, I give permission to whomever reads this to implement the idea, and give me 50% of all profits. You can call the product the GPS (Go Pretty Slow).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2014, 06:14 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,726,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Rush View Post
Interesting. I'll call them to inquire about taking the defensive driving and for instructions to pay the fine before the court date. So this is pleading guilty or no contest. How does this differ from pleading Deferred Adjudication? Does Deferred Adjudication just mean that I don't have to take the Defensive Driving? I also wonder if the fees are different?
Deferred Adjudication is basically probation. For 60 or 90 days (usually 90 but can be as high as 180 days or more) you cannot get a ticket for the same thing. If you do you are usually on the hook for both tickets.

It has been 10 years since I did probation and even longer since I did defensive driving to I cant speak to cost. I think the last time I did Deferred Adjudication it was like $80

Old 09-19-2014, 07:14 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times
Quote:
With all of the technology available now, it should be only a matter of time that our vehicles will be able to tell us when we are speeding. If this is not already available, I give permission to whomever reads this to implement the idea, and give me 50% of all profits. You can call the product the GPS (Go Pretty Slow).
My Garmin monitors my speed and posts it below the actual speed limit. It only very rarely displays incorrect information. I've come to rely on it.

Old 09-19-2014, 07:26 PM

Ack! So much for my future wealth and fame!

Old 09-20-2014, 10:41 AM

4,132 posts, read 7,195,504 times
Quote:
Interesting. I'll call them to inquire about taking the defensive driving and for instructions to pay the fine before the court date. So this is pleading guilty or no contest. How does this differ from pleading Deferred Adjudication? Does Deferred Adjudication just mean that I don't have to take the Defensive Driving? I also wonder if the fees are different?
See my link on the second page for details.

Last edited by Deep Forest; 09-20-2014 at 11:20 AM..

Old 09-20-2014, 03:15 PM

Already have... Thanks Deep Forest!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: