U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2007, 06:40 PM

35 posts, read 142,063 times

Advertisements

I am getting ready to go home shopping after finally selling my place in VA.

My primary criteria for location are commute time to USAA; and stable home prices (not looking to lose my shirt again!)

I am trying to find a reference guide or similar that lists each zip code with the associated property tax rates. Can anyone assist?

My current place is off 1604 and Blanco and I quite like the area but I have heard good things about Shavano Park (if I can afford it) and Helotes. I rather fancy the idea of NW of town as it will make my weekend trips to Medina lake that much easier.
Anyone care to make recommendations?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 08:24 PM

24 posts, read 113,915 times
Try the Bexar County Tax Appraisal District website. You can look up any street address to find the current tax amounts for a specific house. This might not be exactly what you're looking for, it may help. http://www.bcad.org/
On the right side of the website, you'll see the property search button. From there you'll be able to search for a property. Hope this helps.
murray
<><

Old 12-29-2007, 12:22 AM

1,805 posts, read 4,358,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murdog View Post
Try the Bexar County Tax Appraisal District website. You can look up any street address to find the current tax amounts for a specific house. This might not be exactly what you're looking for, it may help. http://www.bcad.org/
On the right side of the website, you'll see the property search button. From there you'll be able to search for a property. Hope this helps.
murray
<><
HEH heh ....
you can also look up ANY address, by name, last then first and find the exact location, price, value, tax bill, etc etc etc...
EXACT
BY NAME
FAMOUS OR NOT
Jeez, you'd think celebrity would be exempt from such a public posting, wouldn't you?

ANY address.... unbelievable, just amazes me that there is no privacy for these folks.....

Old 12-29-2007, 07:48 AM

8 posts, read 36,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsGuysRule View Post
HEH heh ....
you can also look up ANY address, by name, last then first and find the exact location, price, value, tax bill, etc etc etc...
EXACT
BY NAME
FAMOUS OR NOT
Jeez, you'd think celebrity would be exempt from such a public posting, wouldn't you?

ANY address.... unbelievable, just amazes me that there is no privacy for these folks.....
Why should a celebrity be exempt? They know what they're getting in to when they become famous. Besides, the smart ones set all those accounts up under their agent's name, or manager or someone who handles their financial affairs.

Old 12-29-2007, 09:12 AM

3,468 posts, read 7,751,550 times
The bcad website is the best public reference for property tax rates in SA (that I know of, at least). Just be sure when you're investigating a specific property, that you look at the tax percentage, not the amount that the current homeowner is paying. They may have exemptions that you might not qualify for (i.e. over 65, disabled) and once you purchase a home, it'll likely be appraised at your new purchase price. Your Realtor should be able to walk you thru all that.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:11 AM

5 posts, read 50,264 times
Default Property Taxes

I wish we met earlier. Just moved from SA to VA and purchased a home. We still have a home for sale in Garden Ridge. It would be a fairly long commute for you. The best way to look for tax information is via the internet. Look up Bexar county web site and find the link for the tax rate. You will also need to link to SA and find the City tax rate (or other city name around SA). If your home is in a neighborhood with a home owners' Association, you will need to find out what are the annual assessments are. Make sure you read the By-Laws BEFORE you purchase a home in a neighborhood with a Homeowners Association. Bexar county has the highest tax rate. Comal is more reasonable.

Good Luck
PS I am a USAA menber and love the service they give their members. USAA should have a relocation program for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio