Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 10:19 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,663,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA IS A DUMP View Post
San Antonio Loft space is a Joke and well overpriced. I live in a Loft downtown. The city is falling apart, more empty buildings downtown since ATT left. Houston street is full of Thugs at night mixing in with the small local downtown population and Tourist. The River Walk extension is nice. The Lofts on Broadway should look good when finished. However, I make far above 6 figures and work for myself out of my Loft, I feel its stupid to pay 1700 plus in rent to live in Downtown SA. Due to recent business statistics , I've decided to relocate to ATX where paying 2000k a month to rent and live off of 2nd st, in a thriving city makes more sense. Hopefully you make the money to enjoy living in a run down Urban city, paying the prices I pay as most in SA hardly bring home 50K a year. Oh but wait, your Mayor is on track for SA 2020. Meanwhile, all the key jobs, well paying jobs ,private industry, small business start ups are moving into ATX.

San Antonio is growing by way of 10 dollar an hour jobs and companies like RED VENTURES, CALL CENTERS, and Low paying White Collar gigs are the industry in SA. The Military, bio-med and Medical Industry are the only industries keeping SA alive. Of course on at % bases, 6 figure income in SA is not near the norm it should be. Education rate as in BA's is below 20% of the local population and the Advance Degree % is far lower. Most of the Educated are transplants moving here for call center jobs. Of course there are exceptions in wages for some. But all in all San Antonio is a Low Class, unskilled labor community. And then you have your 40k millionaires.

SA IS A DUMP and I would not recommend any successful person or Competitive Industry to relocate to SA.

Sounds like someone isnt getting any....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio