U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 04:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,733 times

Advertisements

I've read thru many of these posts.... Tiger appears to have a wide price range.

I'm in Timberwood Park in far north Bexar Co.
- Tiger is currently $63.01/quarter for once a week trash & every other week recycling pickup
- Waste Management is $27.04/month or $81.12/quarter for twice a week trash & no recycling

OK, after verifying the Tiger price again, it looks attractive.

Last edited by bocefuss78260; 11-17-2010 at 04:44 PM.. Reason: wrong pricing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 06:58 PM

8,343 posts, read 13,106,379 times
While the "honeymoon" is over, the "marriage" continues between us and Tiger Sanitation.

In other words, except for a few hiccups, we're still pretty much happy with their service.

Nothing that we'd probably experience with other companies, so since they still seem to have the best prices; and we can easily live with the once-a-week pick-up, there's no reason to change.

And since they started recycling a while back, we don't even usually fill up our 50-gallon can. However, we do fill up the recycling bin just with paper; and have a separate clear bag that we put plastics, glass, etc in.

So the bottom line is that Tiger still works for us!

Cheers! M2

Old 11-18-2010, 05:48 PM

399 posts, read 847,230 times
Tiger drops by twice a week for us now here in Alamo Ranch, Mon and Thu.

I wish they gave a 50-gal for the recycling, we constantly are over filling the bin and another 32-gal trashcan with recyclables.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:15 PM

We got a notice yesterday that stated Tiger will now be picking up garbage twice a week (Wednesdays and Saturdays) starting this morning (8 January). Recycling will still only be on Wednesdays.

I wonder if this is in response to C-6 Disposal Systems advertising in our neighborhood. I heard a few horror stories about them, but Tiger hasn't been a picnic as well. We've experienced a few billing errors by them, they have a "fuel surplus tax" which is BS and they pass along some city fees that also irritate me as we are outside the city limits. Still, it's not enough to change; especially considering that C-6 may not be any better and could actually be worse!

I doubt we'll take advantage of the twice-a-week garbage pick-up, as since we are try to recycle as much as possible, we only end up with one 30-gal can's worth of trash per week. We have about the same amount, if not more, recycling!

Cheers! M2

Old 01-09-2011, 09:12 AM

872 posts, read 1,087,509 times
If you pay for a quarter of service with Tiger and then move and need to cancel you will not get a refund for the quarter for which you've already paid. Thats their policy...check their website and see for yourself. Bad way of doing business in my book!

Old 01-11-2011, 05:10 PM

168 posts, read 222,220 times
See my post from April 2009 Shady business by garbage company. I never got my refund from TIGER. Why do business with people who have business practices of not refunding money???

Old 01-11-2011, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napunani View Post
See my post from April 2009 Shady business by garbage company. I never got my refund from TIGER. Why do business with people who have business practices of not refunding money???
Well, maybe if you took the time to read the FAQs on their web site, you will find that they have a no-refund policy...

Quote:
Q: What is your Refund Policy?

A: We do not provide refunds for partial quarters of service that have been paid for and remain unused once you cancel your account with us. If you anticipate moving or otherwise canceling prior to the end of a quarterly billing period, you can pay monthly instead of the entire quarter. Just call our office to make arrangements. Military personnel who receive orders to move or deploy will be given refunds upon request.
Had you made arrangements with them, you could've saved by not paying for the entire quarter; but it is explicitly clear what their policy is on refunds!

This is not an uncommon business practice, and since they make the information publicly available, there is nothing "shady" about it!

Sorry you lost your money, but your just as guilty for not knowing the terms of your contract!

Cheers! M2

Old 01-11-2011, 09:37 PM

168 posts, read 222,220 times
Unfortunately, TIGER didn't have FAQ or their no refund policy on their website when I contracted with them.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:10 PM

2,892 posts, read 2,403,026 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, TIGER didn't have FAQ or their no refund policy on their website when I contracted with them.
If that is the case, looks like they made quite a few people upset.

At least it is in writing now.

If you "contracted" with them, then basically you have to honor your part of the contract as they do.

Old 01-12-2011, 06:37 AM

Quote:
That's odd, because when I asked my wife she was well aware of it; and we've been with them for a few years.

While not the greatest garbage pick-up company in the world, Tiger is as good as any other and there has been nothing "shady" in their business practices. Did you pursue you claim with any authorities or the Better Business Bureau? I would be very interested to hear what their response was. Otherwise, while you may not be happy with the outcome of the situation; you have to realize that you are partially to blame for not being aware of the terms of contract that you entered into.

But don't feel bad, I had to cancel a year-long cell phone contract and while the company agreed to cancel it, they still charged me for the year of non-usage. Since they weren't a US company, the protection I normally would have had given that I was in the military didn't apply. I guess that was in my contract as well but since they didn't have one in English, and my German is not that good that I can comprehend an entire cell phone contract, I was stuck; but I did warn others just so no one would repeat my mistake.

About the best that can come from your situation is to remind people who are planning to cancel a contract with Tiger to contact the company in advance. They will allow a partial payment for the quarter than you are ending in.

Cheers! M2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio