Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 08:18 AM

422 posts, read 1,450,583 times

Advertisements

I have no issues with fireworks . Everyone around me cleans their mess the next day. Now at the same time, I only enjoy them for one night and for about 45 minutes at that. I mean what would you replace the fireworks with?

Bar-b-que, beverages, social gathering, and fireworks.
- or -
Bar-b-que, beverages, social gathering, and arts and crafts.

hmmm....I'll stick to blowing up the sky!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 09:43 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
I always watched the ball drop on TV personally. Didn't bother anyone else that didn't care to participate..

BTW, my dogs are still scared to go outside.

Old 01-02-2008, 01:34 PM

470 posts, read 1,952,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
...Which is why is why my resolution is to do everything I can to get me out of here..
Best of luck to ya.

Old 01-02-2008, 02:23 PM

422 posts, read 1,450,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I bought my house back in 2002 and the area was still "small" back then. If I was looking now and saw the place on the 4th or New Years then there's no way I'd live out here. Worst part is it's only going to get MUCH worse. Which is why is why my resolution is to do everything I can to get me out of here..

It can't be that bad

Old 01-02-2008, 02:28 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,011,692 times
Bad is on the "perception" of the individual. To RD what they are looking at is bad. To me and you .. we might be able to handle what is going on. I know if I like peace and quiet and I am always being disturbed by the thumping of that bass from cars passing by (that activate alarms as they go by, and you all know what I am talking about) to the constant noise level of traffic going by.. it may be too much. Never know! Fireworks can be a bear if, it goes on all the time. To me I dont mind the fireworks, I actually like to watch them. Of course, the people that fired them off were responsible enough to clean their mess up and stop after a decent time (if thats what you call a decent time 12:30am).

Old 01-13-2008, 10:02 AM

30 posts, read 107,306 times
Was just looking back on this thread and thought I'd put my "post New Year's Eve" opinion out there for those of you concerned about the threat to your homes and property. I too was quite concerned about the fireworks out here in Timberwood. And in response to Jules, no it never even occurred to me to ask about them. We moved here from Dallas and I've never seen anything like it in my life SA people sure do love their fireworks!! Anyway, I watered my lawn all day in anticipation of NYE along with most of my neighbors. GOOD THING b/c the people across the street caught my yard on fire!!! Got it out thank God, but it was a very scary experience to say the least I'm not agains fireworks but on a night when it's very dry and the wind is gusting in the 30s, I think it's too risky. I really enjoyed being out here for July 4th and was not nearly as concerned. We had plenty of rain during those months and there was no wind. I'm not sure what the answer is, but my opinion is they should be banned in residential areas if it's that dry/windy. I'm just thankful we were able to get the fire out before it destroyed our home.

Old 01-13-2008, 12:27 PM

Wow, you saw your neighbor do this? and did they run over to help put it out?

Old 01-13-2008, 12:59 PM

Yes, they did. They were very nice about it. If they hadn't come over to put it out it would have been out of control in about 30 seconds. Just scary with the wind the way it was. I used to volunteer with a fire department and I know how quickly those things can get out of control. It's unbelieveable.

Old 01-13-2008, 02:24 PM

Good thing they did the right thing. I unfortunately have very little faith my neighbors would've done that.. A couple probably would, but the rest would probably be either too drunk or too stupid..

Old 01-13-2008, 09:05 PM

Just saw on the 10pm news Channel 5 that the city of Bulverde is (up here in Timberwood some is part of Bulverde, I believe) considering banning all fireworks. Interesting that story is tonight given our conversation today rd2007....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio