U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 02:37 PM

470 posts, read 1,793,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcw View Post
I do know one thing for sure, they need some additional lights coming out of Sonoma Ranch. In the morning there are at least 50 cars in line waiting to get out onto Kyle Seale and it takes a good 15 minutes just to get out of Sonoma Ranch.
Really? I almost bought there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2006, 05:08 PM

469 posts, read 2,170,945 times
We've already petitioned for it and the city has agreed that we need one there. They aren't going to put one in though. I think there needs to be a minimum number of deaths there before something as drastic as a light goes in...

Old 11-29-2006, 06:39 PM

3,823 posts, read 13,380,827 times
Default Changes on Kyle Seale Parkway

My wife and I haven't been up Kyle Seale Parkway (outside Loop 1604) for about a year. Boy, has that area changed. There are Pulte homes on the right and Sonoma Ranch is still expanding. Also, farther up the hill there are all kinds of expensive homes being built. I remember there only used to be about 30 homes up there on the right. Still a nice area though...but more crowded.

Old 11-29-2006, 08:37 PM

Toll Brothers is building townhomes at the end of Kyle Seale right before it hits Babcock. The owners of the really large really expensive homes up there are not pleased. Toll Brothers raized the ground there, didn't leave any trees at all. Some of those home owners even have hand made signs on their lawns cursing Toll Brothers.

Old 11-29-2006, 09:20 PM
lcw

118 posts, read 612,179 times
My wife and I do really enjoy Sonoma Ranch, the schools are great and it is close to the mall, but not too close. The only time traffic is really bad is in the morning if you hit the school traffic from Beard Elementary. We actually looked at moving up to the Toll Brothers neighborhood, but man, those are some really, really expensive homes. I can't imagine they are selling too many at the prices they are asking.

Has anybody seen the City master thoroughfare plan which shows camp bullis road being extended through to Kyle Seale? I am pretty sure the La Cantera Palmer Course won't be too happy about a road going through the middle of their course.

Old 12-24-2006, 06:21 AM

4 posts, read 14,474 times
Okay....so UTSA has the land inside 1604. Now is there any word on the ranch land across 1604 on either side of Kyle Seale or Hausman?

Old 12-24-2006, 02:41 PM

The Camp Bullis extension road was nixed at the last city meeting. It was in the paper last week. They are trying for another road but I'm sure the city of Helotes will have another fit about it and it won't happen. Both my husband and I work from home so the traffic thing isn't something that we run into often.
The land on the north side of the 1604 at Kyle Seale, the east side, has a re-zoning sign on it. I haven't actually called the number to find out what they are going to re-zone it to but it was just a matter of time before developing started there.

Old 12-27-2006, 08:17 AM
lcw

118 posts, read 612,179 times
I called on the rezoning, it is being changed to C3. Also the property at the back of Kyle Seale's ranch (which I am guessing the part that backs up to The Arbor at Sonoma Ranch) is going to be multifamily.

Old 12-27-2006, 08:21 PM

Thanks for the info, I didn't know about the multifamily, makes sense though.

Old 01-17-2007, 01:53 AM

1 posts, read 4,367 times
Default re: Development at Kyle Seale

My understanding is that a Helotes area community group is trying to stop the company that is planning to build the multi-family housing (apartment) units on the west side of 1604 and Kyle Seale on the North side of 1604. This is the same group that was so vocal about the WalMart in Helotes. They weren't the reason why the WalMart wasn't built, but perhaps they will have more luck this time. When we built our home at Sonoma Ranch, we were told that the Kyle Seale family had said they would never sell that land. Yeah, right....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio