U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 05:21 AM

933 posts, read 1,813,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
Momaks on Jones Maltsberger has a big play area for kids! Personally I dont like their type of food.. as I really dont like hamburgers and stuff like that but I am sure for kids it would be good. This is not to say that their food is bad.. I just dont like hamburgers.
I have not been here, yet, but this place has gotten rave reviews from our friends with kids.

I am anxious to get the cheese steak with CHEESE WHIZ!!!

OMG, I have to get off of these food posts so darn early in the morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2008, 12:09 PM

61 posts, read 223,520 times
Spam...a hearty amen to both Willie's and Beefy's...kids can play and I can get drunk so I can tolerate irresponsible parents and red-dye, corn-syrup infused untrained ankle-biters.

Old 01-14-2008, 01:20 PM

2,397 posts, read 5,843,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munerider View Post
Spam...a hearty amen to both Willie's and Beefy's...kids can play and I can get drunk so I can tolerate irresponsible parents and red-dye, corn-syrup infused untrained ankle-biters.
There's not enough alcohol in the world to make me tolerable of unruly kids! I tend to stay out of "kid-friendly" restaurants for that reason.

While not all parents are irresponsible in letting their kids run amok, the few who do give them ALL a bad reputation! I never, ever let my kids get up from their seats while dining out. They were there to eat, nothing more. They learned to enjoy a nice dinner and conversation at home, so when I did take them out, they weren't inclined to run wild.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:28 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,142,856 times
OMG, this thread was supposed to offer parents some suggestions for kid-friendly restaurants, and ones that offer free meals to the little ones. Why does it have to turn into this major putdown of parents who can't control their kids? That's a whole other topic, not for here, and I wish they would just shut down this thread now. If you don't have anything helpful, ON TOPIC, then why do you even open a thread?

Old 01-14-2008, 10:07 PM
cwh

345 posts, read 855,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
OMG, this thread was supposed to offer parents some suggestions for kid-friendly restaurants, and ones that offer free meals to the little ones. Why does it have to turn into this major putdown of parents who can't control their kids? That's a whole other topic, not for here, and I wish they would just shut down this thread now. If you don't have anything helpful, ON TOPIC, then why do you even open a thread?
I will say that we have rarely seen kids behaving badly when we go out to eat. So I would have to say most parents are doing a fine job of keeping their kids under control.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:52 AM

796 posts, read 2,757,945 times
My girls are very well behaved in restaurants. Even so, I like to take them to places like Beefy's, Big'z or La Hacienda. Not to let them run around all unruly, as some have mentioned, but AFTER they eat, they can go play while my husband and I sit back, have a quiet conversation and WATCH the girls have fun.

Last edited by cheermomof4girls; 01-15-2008 at 09:53 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-15-2008, 10:35 AM

3,468 posts, read 7,735,284 times
Yeah, what cheermom said!!! I think that's what those of us who are looking for "kid-friendly" places mean. NOT so that kids can run around the restaurant and bother the folks who are eating, but so that after they're finished with their meal they can play on the playstructure, or even simply color, while the adults converse and keep a watchful eye.

(And sapphire, don't let it bother you that some folks wanna ......ahem......."vent". Not your issue ~ theirs. )

Old 01-15-2008, 12:46 PM

61 posts, read 223,520 times
Uhhh...maybe because the problem isn't the restaurant, isn't the patrons, isn't the kids, but the issue is the #@$%#@$^&#$$%$@% PARENTS?!?!?!

Kinda like asking where you can go to speed and drive drunk and not get caught. I can suggest areas but is that the issue??? Train your kids. Solves a lot of woes...now AND later.

Thanks for asking!

Old 01-15-2008, 12:50 PM

933 posts, read 1,813,152 times
Jim's still runs their kids eat free special with each adult meal, though Jules might have to find a few more adults.

I believe it starts after 4:00 and its anything on the kid's menu.

Also, two of the Joe's Crab Shacks in town that I have seen have playground equipment.

The one off IH10 and another one off 410...as you are heading towards 151.

Sorry, I cannot remember which direction it is as 410 always confuses me.

I still cannot get to Chacho's off 281 to 410.

Twice in a row, we have gone back towards our old motel.

Though, outside play areas will not work for the next couple days, but it is nice to see rain.

Last edited by spamatdan; 01-15-2008 at 12:51 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-15-2008, 01:18 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,735,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamatdan View Post
Jim's still runs their kids eat free special with each adult meal, though Jules might have to find a few more adults.
HA!! Funny, Mr. Spamatdan!! Actually, only 2 of our twerps qualify anymore. Rest of the crew are eatin' full fledged adult meals. Yep, get's expensive when the whole crew comes along. And we do like the Joe's at IH-10, especially in nice weather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by munerider View Post
Uhhh...maybe because the problem isn't the restaurant, isn't the patrons, isn't the kids, but the issue is the #@$%#@$^&#$$%$@% PARENTS?!?!?!

Kinda like asking where you can go to speed and drive drunk and not get caught. I can suggest areas but is that the issue??? Train your kids. Solves a lot of woes...now AND later.

Thanks for asking!
Uuuuhhhh, k. Didn't "ask". (Refraining now from a full-on rebuttal on your whole personal attack of accusing me of not training my kids. As sapphire said earlier, "you obviously don't know me OR my kids. ) You apparently are not interested in contributing anything of value and on the topic of the original post, but are instead intent on continuing your tirade against parents/members of this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio