Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2008, 07:40 PM

39 posts, read 937,623 times

Advertisements

I just want to add something that occured to my family recently. You know how you show up to a new neighborhood when you buy a new home, and you have no idea what to expect. Well after starting school. We met some neighbors via our kids being in the same class. We had no idea that they would become so close. We have 3 kids, and they had 2. They were one of those couples that lived together but really had no strong relationship between each other. The kids our what kept them together. Well anyway we started growing close as friends, and somehow they became our drinking buddys. We just seemed to have grown on each other... the friendship just grew through the years... approx. 5yrs. Well all this ended with a phone call at approx 6:15am one Thursday morning. My friend, John is yelling on the other end that Jodie, his wife is dead. I could not believe what I was hearing.... I told him you are joking right, and then after a few choice words he told me that he needed me to run down there with him. They live 5 houses down the block on the corner of the next street. I grabbed my family and told them what had just happened, and it was very hard for all of us. My wife and daughter just started crying, the boys a little too young to understand, or maybe just don't know how to react. I then ran down the street, and she still laid on the floor where she collapsed that night. They said that she had a heart attack. The oldest son is the one that discovered her, their Dad was already off at work, and rushed home to find her. I am trying not to make this too long, but that was only the beginning. It was very hard the next few weeks... We had to go through the pain of comforting the kids, and my wife took them in during the day after school, until their Dad got home. Well approx 3 months later, my wife and I are at a doctor appointment for my wife, and I get a call from little John, the oldest of the boys, and he tells me Daddy is dead. I told him to make sure. He says that Daddy is blue and cold. He had already called 911. So we started to rush home, and then realized there was no need to speed. Little John had found his Dad dead just like his Mom. He was in the fetal position with such a look of peace on his face laying in the bed hugging his pillow. We lost our best buds in a matter of 3 months. These boys that were 10 and 6, their lives had changed forever. So had ours. We had to now burry our other drinking buddy. Well the whole point of this letter, is to enjoy your friends and family while you have them. We did allot of hanging out, and spent many a memorous evenings together. All I want to stress is enjoy life and do Good. Be the best friend and family member that you can be, because we just don't know what awaits us around the corner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2008, 07:47 PM

14,637 posts, read 34,964,223 times
So sorry for your losses, and especially for the kids whose parents are gone. Are they OK? I hope a loving family member took them in.

Yes, life is short and can change in an instant. We only have this minute, right now. I try to remind myself when I get upset with my husband or kids--"Is this really the last thing I want them to hear me say?" It's hard, and you just have to do your best at this--it ain't a dress rehearsal, as they say.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:01 PM

11,574 posts, read 13,921,779 times
Sorry for your loss. Did they both have heart attacks?

Old 01-14-2008, 02:53 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,418,740 times
How very sad...our thoughts and prayers are with you and their children during this most difficult time.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:50 AM

343 posts, read 1,303,155 times
They must've really loved each other a lot. There are a few instances where if one the spouses dies; soon there after the other one dies. They just can't cope with the loss of their soul mate.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:21 AM

39 posts, read 937,623 times
The kids now live with their Grandma, and yes they did both died from heart attacks.... Was very hard for all.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:31 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,309,388 times
That is a horrible tragedy especially for those poor children. How cruel and unfair this world can be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio