Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 11:14 AM

1,518 posts, read 2,761,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by did0c View Post
Congratulations on your win!

I am facing a similiar problem- we have a zero property line (so there is no way we did this damage) and looked, our siding is all messed up in the neighbors yard. They are renters and just moved out (THANK GOD! But that is a whole 'nother long post) can I hold the owner of the house responsible?
Pardon my ignorance, but a zero lot line, would be two townhomes or condoes that share a common wall (as one example)?

At first I thought this was the typical property line in a subdivision as we have no easement between homes (10 feet on the sides; neighbor owns 5 feet, I own 5 feet) but I guess not. I'm trying to to visualize Op's dilemma but I can't picture an easement between homes and how a neighbor would be so disrespectful as to lean materials on their neighbor's siding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 11:28 AM

657 posts, read 1,936,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but a zero lot line, would be two townhomes or condoes that share a common wall (as one example)?

At first I thought this was the typical property line in a subdivision as we have no easement between homes (10 feet on the sides; neighbor owns 5 feet, I own 5 feet) but I guess not. I'm trying to to visualize Op's dilemma but I can't picture an easement between homes and how a neighbor would be so disrespectful as to lean materials on their neighbor's siding.
Some zero lot lines have one house on the property line, not both.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:31 AM

180 posts, read 793,940 times
I might not be calling it the right thing but it means basically in my yard on one side I have my neighbors house. There is no fence or distance between us.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by did0c View Post
I There is no fence or distance between us.
So you are in essence... connected, right? Do you share a common wall?

Old 07-01-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty12 View Post
Some zero lot lines have one house on the property line, not both.
So I guess that would be a zero lot line to the homeowner on the line, but not the other right with some distance between them and the homeowner on the lot line. Is that an accurate assessment?

Old 07-01-2008, 12:56 PM

180 posts, read 793,940 times
Basically, in my yard is the side of my one neighbor's house, and in my other neighbor's yard is the side of my house, with a fence around what isn't house.

Clear as mud??

Old 07-01-2008, 01:15 PM

657 posts, read 1,936,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
So I guess that would be a zero lot line to the homeowner on the line, but not the other right with some distance between them and the homeowner on the lot line. Is that an accurate assessment?
Essentially there is space between the houses, but that entire space is owned by one of the homeowners not both.

Old 07-01-2008, 05:31 PM

529 posts, read 2,711,149 times
Default Zero Lot Line

Edit: The attachement didn't work. I'll try again. Will also try to send pictures of the holes
Attached is a picture of my house and my old neighbor's house showing how the side of my house is in her yard. Now my neighbor to the right of me, the side of his house is in my yard.

Before I filed suit, I offered to pay her 1200 dollars to let me put a fence in between our properties so I could protect my house from further damage. I wrote her several letter stating that I would pay her the 1200 and not ask her to fix the holes and not ask her to help pay for the fence that I had to replace because of her dog. She didn't respond so I sued her. Then I had to go ahead and move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty12 View Post
Essentially there is space between the houses, but that entire space is owned by one of the homeowners not both.

Old 07-01-2008, 05:36 PM

Default Pictures

I attempting to attach the diagram of our houses and pictures of a whole bunch of trash that was stored right up against my house. It was easy for her to do since the side of my house is in her yard. These pictures was taken from the roof of my house (well, my old house. I moved)
Looks like the diagram picture is too large for uploaded. I'll try a different way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenane View Post
Edit: The attachement didn't work. I'll try again. Will also try to send pictures of the holes
Attached is a picture of my house and my old neighbor's house showing how the side of my house is in her yard. Now my neighbor to the right of me, the side of his house is in my yard.

Before I filed suit, I offered to pay her 1200 dollars to let me put a fence in between our properties so I could protect my house from further damage. I wrote her several letter stating that I would pay her the 1200 and not ask her to fix the holes and not ask her to help pay for the fence that I had to replace because of her dog. She didn't respond so I sued her. Then I had to go ahead and move.
Attached Thumbnails
Bexar County Small Claims Court-s2010003.jpg   Bexar County Small Claims Court-s2010004.jpg   Bexar County Small Claims Court-s2010005.jpg  

Old 07-01-2008, 05:41 PM

Default Pictures of holes

Here are pictures of the holes that were in my siding.
Attached Thumbnails
Bexar County Small Claims Court-27dec2007e.jpg   Bexar County Small Claims Court-27dec2007a.jpg   Bexar County Small Claims Court-27dec2007b.jpg   Bexar County Small Claims Court-27dec2007c.jpg   Bexar County Small Claims Court-27dec2007d.jpg  

Bexar County Small Claims Court-31dec2007.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio