U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 09:01 AM

890 posts, read 588,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OK_Kinda View Post
They begged me not to leave. It was heartbreaking but once I had enough to make sure I could back up my allegations I left. Fortunately I didn't have to be the person to turn him in because someone else did. The information I collected was a huge help when they called me though.
You call CPS lax after posting this? Wow.

Quit playing detective with this guy. Go see your attorney and listen to him/her. If what you say is even half true, your attorney will have no problem getting a court order for restricted visitation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2015, 07:38 AM

733 posts, read 868,447 times
Quote:
I'm looking for a place to have a background check on someone run. I'm OK with having to submit my own fingerprints, personal info, etc. I have nothing to hide. Long story short, I dated someone, left him, found out I was pregnant, had the baby and he wants visitation. Right now CPS recently removed his other children and as a courtesy extended what's called a "safety plan" to me for my daughter barring his contact with her unless I'm present. I was informed by someone close to him that I should *REALLY* consider an extensive background check because he has a scary history. Apparently when he lived in another state he shot at some police officers. I was told that because of the type of offense it was considered that it didn't show up on most background checks and she only recently saw it via her attorney herself. I don't have an attorney yet but I have a consultation set up for next week. I'd just feel better knowing what's in his criminal history and I don't want to wait. He's a TEACHER. I met him when he taught my daughter at a well respected catholic school and he now teaches at a charter school where I understand the background check was never run because the superintendent (who was outed for stealing) was a buddy of his family's. The school is aware of the removal of his children and he's still allowed to supervise the children of others. It makes me positively ill. But I digress. I just need somewhere reputable to run his background and I'll pay whatever I have to. I don't want to wait. He's violent and I need to be armed with everything i possibly can be for my safety and to prevent any unsupervised visits with he and our child for as long as possible.
i get it. woman scorned out to ruin someones life.

get over it, mind your own business. sheesh this isnt your personal laundry mat to air your dirty laundry SMDH.

ps - who 'told' you that shooting at the cops was treated differently? thats attempted capital manslaughter/murder and, if true, will show up on ANY basic background check. no extensive needed. if court records were sealed, youre pretty much SOL and again, should mind your own business.

pps - whoever 'told' you about shooting cops? i hope it wasnt a lawyer, cuz if it was... fire him/her...

i am not a lawyer, obviously

Old 01-10-2015, 11:10 PM

11 posts, read 7,357 times
Youre incorrect in assuming i am scorned. I left him. A better description of my position is disappointed and now determined to protrct my child as well as others. As of this morning i have in my hands two reports. One by a reputable online company and one done by Kelmar global PI. Attempted capital murder shows up on the latter of the two. Please dont jump to conclusions. The WHOLE point is that there are children involved. Children being taught and his children who i wholeheartedly believe need to be protected from him as well. Its too easy for peoole to lie and i would never have imagined id find half of what im looking at in the background of someone that two schools have trusted alone with children. Its not about ruining someones life at all. HE is responsible for his own actions. Had he been honest about them and had the schools not cut corners in investigating an elementary level teacher he wouldnt be in this position in the first place. Based on his behavior then and the behavior that has recently surfaced, those are positions he should never been allowed into. I dont want a man who shoves coke up his nose habitually teaching my child let alone a man who has the past that this report reveals. Background checks are supposed to be completed for those positions for a REASON. we're protecting SMALL CHILDREN. If you dont agree thats your prerogative but i would HOPE you would not find this acceptable in someone teaching your children.

If the potential for him to be around my child in an unsupervised fashion ever exists then it IS my business to know this. He had a chance to tell the truth and he didnt.

Old 01-10-2015, 11:40 PM

905 posts, read 1,361,504 times
You are searching for drama from this person. Get a clean break and simply get away from him.. Bottom line is quit making excuses!!! Get away!!!
Seriously.... Read what you just wrote!!!

Do your self a favor and the kiddos a favor...... Get away!!!!! Walk.... or RUN!!! and don't look back....
Normally, I don't engage in these conversations because it will end up going in circles. Take it from a guy who is raising his two kiddos by himself....
Background check?? Locally?? Call Blue Armor Security.. I use them for security guard services, video surveillance monitored services and for back ground checks.....

Old 01-11-2015, 01:07 AM

Please dont misunderstand, thats exactly what im doing but hearing the horror stories, some first-hand, about what the courts will deem fit for unsupervised visitation now truly scares me. I offered to forego support if he would leave us alone and he says "God spoke to him and said that was wrong". This gives you an ideaof what im dealing wirh. God must have been looking the other way while he was snorting cocaine. I do have an attorney now. My goal is, if visitation is granted, that it be supervised ALWAYS. Id run away if i could. Thats precisely what i was doing when i left him before i found out i was pregnant. That was even MORE REASON to stay gone. Im perfectly happy just my daughter and i.

Old 01-11-2015, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVREDLEG View Post
You call CPS lax after posting this? Wow.

Quit playing detective with this guy. Go see your attorney and listen to him/her. If what you say is even half true, your attorney will have no problem getting a court order for restricted visitation.
Unfortunately yes. After a few weeks of drug education theyre ready to hand his other kids back to him. That means the safety plan dictating he cant try to go near my daughter unless im present to supervise is lifted also. I AM fighting for supervised visitation only in court. My attorney advised that texas frowns on keeping children away from biological parents 100% and although we can try, realistically i need to prepare myself for it to go another direction. It only took me so long because i didnt have $3500 readily available after my $5000 share of hospital bills. No child support obviously...and thats OK im not complaining but i dont want it misunderstood when it comes to how fervent my efforts have been to KEEP HIM AWAY.

Old 01-11-2015, 01:56 PM

890 posts, read 588,095 times
Quote:
Unfortunately yes. After a few weeks of drug education theyre ready to hand his other kids back to him. That means the safety plan dictating he cant try to go near my daughter unless im present to supervise is lifted also. I AM fighting for supervised visitation only in court. My attorney advised that texas frowns on keeping children away from biological parents 100% and although we can try, realistically i need to prepare myself for it to go another direction. It only took me so long because i didnt have $3500 readily available after my $5000 share of hospital bills. No child support obviously...and thats OK im not complaining but i dont want it misunderstood when it comes to how fervent my efforts have been to KEEP HIM AWAY.
You do not understand CPS' role in relation to your child--the safety plan is an immediate measure and has virtually no teeth in your visitation issue. The CPS case officer probably sees dozens of concerned parents asking for this "imminent threat to welfare" plan to act as a custody or visitation instrument. It is your responsibility to acquire legal representation to pursue the specific protection you need...a custody agreement with visitation rules, or a restraining order.

CPS is not perfect, but you are transferring your other problems to blame that rests on you and bio-daddy. I know several case officers. The horrific things they witness in their job make your disparaging comment laughable. Lax? You just don't get it.

I hope you get your custody and visitation set up to your liking. I think you are making a strategic failure by not demanding child support. Your kid deserves it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or