Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 02:05 PM

11 posts, read 9,937 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a place to have a background check on someone run. I'm OK with having to submit my own fingerprints, personal info, etc. I have nothing to hide. Long story short, I dated someone, left him, found out I was pregnant, had the baby and he wants visitation. Right now CPS recently removed his other children and as a courtesy extended what's called a "safety plan" to me for my daughter barring his contact with her unless I'm present. I was informed by someone close to him that I should *REALLY* consider an extensive background check because he has a scary history. Apparently when he lived in another state he shot at some police officers. I was told that because of the type of offense it was considered that it didn't show up on most background checks and she only recently saw it via her attorney herself. I don't have an attorney yet but I have a consultation set up for next week. I'd just feel better knowing what's in his criminal history and I don't want to wait. He's a TEACHER. I met him when he taught my daughter at a well respected catholic school and he now teaches at a charter school where I understand the background check was never run because the superintendent (who was outed for stealing) was a buddy of his family's. The school is aware of the removal of his children and he's still allowed to supervise the children of others. It makes me positively ill. But I digress. I just need somewhere reputable to run his background and I'll pay whatever I have to. I don't want to wait. He's violent and I need to be armed with everything i possibly can be for my safety and to prevent any unsupervised visits with he and our child for as long as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2015, 02:29 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,243,757 times
How can you run a background check on someone with out their consent?

Old 01-02-2015, 02:38 PM

I'm assuming the same way you can online. Because I'm looking for criminal information it's public record but so many of the online sites are ripoffs that I don't want to chance that.

Old 01-02-2015, 03:26 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,193,994 times
DPS Crime Records Search, on their website. The site is https and won't let me post a link properly.

Old 01-02-2015, 04:36 PM

336 posts, read 441,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK_Kinda View Post
I'm looking for a place to have a background check on someone run. I'm OK with having to submit my own fingerprints, personal info, etc. I have nothing to hide. Long story short, I dated someone, left him, found out I was pregnant, had the baby and he wants visitation. Right now CPS recently removed his other children and as a courtesy extended what's called a "safety plan" to me for my daughter barring his contact with her unless I'm present. I was informed by someone close to him that I should *REALLY* consider an extensive background check because he has a scary history. Apparently when he lived in another state he shot at some police officers. I was told that because of the type of offense it was considered that it didn't show up on most background checks and she only recently saw it via her attorney herself. I don't have an attorney yet but I have a consultation set up for next week. I'd just feel better knowing what's in his criminal history and I don't want to wait. He's a TEACHER. I met him when he taught my daughter at a well respected catholic school and he now teaches at a charter school where I understand the background check was never run because the superintendent (who was outed for stealing) was a buddy of his family's. The school is aware of the removal of his children and he's still allowed to supervise the children of others. It makes me positively ill. But I digress. I just need somewhere reputable to run his background and I'll pay whatever I have to. I don't want to wait. He's violent and I need to be armed with everything i possibly can be for my safety and to prevent any unsupervised visits with he and our child for as long as possible.
wow, you know what makes me ill? When people like you judge others. You don't know what the extent of the situation was and to be perfectly honest, I thought he was a child molester or something. If you really want to know, be an ADULT AND ASK him. Jesus, why is that so hard to do these days? I suspect someone more who sneaks around behind someone's back than the person that actually did the wrong. People have the right to change and turn their life around and maybe that is what he was trying to do, but you are going around trying to stir up old s***.

What I think is funny is that you worry about this now, but you sure weren't worried about who he was when you slept with him.

Old 01-02-2015, 07:32 PM

434 posts, read 1,123,563 times
As a former process server in NY I did background checks when required. I believe that any of the process serving companies here in SA do the same thing, for a fee of course.

Old 01-03-2015, 12:37 AM

905 posts, read 1,631,063 times
www.publicdata.com

Old 01-03-2015, 02:00 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,868,439 times
Your attorney will probably have someone who can run a background check like you're looking for.

There are organizations that will provide a location for visitation, like this: Family Service Association if you would feel more comfortable that way, otherwise you can plan the visitation in a location where there will be plenty of people around.

Once you see what's on his background and you find out why his other kids were taken away, you'll have a better idea of what you're dealing with and you can decide whether to discuss it with him or not.

Old 01-03-2015, 06:24 PM

Sound are you not doing the same? Judging me? In the interest of not getting epic I didn't post everything else like the fact that I asked him repeatedly and was lied to and found out the hard way. I know why his kids were taken away. I havent been with him since BEFORE I found out it was pregnant. He had other children in his custody while I WAS there and I didn't want to leave them in the situation alone. They knew he and I fought. They begged me not to leave. It was heartbreaking but once I had enough to make sure I could back up my allegations I left. Fortunately I didn't have to be the person to turn him in because someone else did. The information I collected was a huge help when they called me though. His children were removed because they were finally comfortable enough to be verbal about being left home alone constantly (they're far too young for that) witnessing their father doing multiple types of drugs and his violent outbursts. He did a good job of hiding a lot of this when I was there. It was brought to my attention by some kept he's been close to for a very long time that i protect myself and my daughter and someone DOES have this information in a background investigation that was done on him but did not have it readily accessible. I also figured an official copy would be best to obtain. Since posting this I've been forwarded the name of the group it was obtained through. It's a nation-wide security group. I appreciate all of the suggestions from everyone else. Thank you! And sound, before you do what you were so quick to accuse me of..."judge "....reread the post. I didn't judge. I presented a question about something that could help me when it comes to protecting MY child and other children. "Old ****" is often useful in determining the patterns and habits of a person. No measure is too great, especially with regard to infants and very young children, when it comes to making sure they are safe. I'm doing MY JOB as a parent. My child is a huge blessing because I was told that children were not a possibility for me.

Old 01-03-2015, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundNinia View Post
wow, you know what makes me ill? When people like you judge others. You don't know what the extent of the situation was and to be perfectly honest, I thought he was a child molester or something. If you really want to know, be an ADULT AND ASK him. Jesus, why is that so hard to do these days? I suspect someone more who sneaks around behind someone's back than the person that actually did the wrong. People have the right to change and turn their life around and maybe that is what he was trying to do, but you are going around trying to stir up old s***.

What I think is funny is that you worry about this now, but you sure weren't worried about who he was when you slept with him.
I'm especially baffled by the part where you say people are allowed to turn their lives around. CPS does not remove children without verification of some type of wrongdoing on the parents part and they're actually far too lax about that but his were removed and for VERY good reason. What, about that situation, indicates that he is turning his life around? Your post sounds more like you have a chip on your shoulder about something and needed to take it out on someone. And that's OK. Whatever it is I hope you work past it. I got what I needed and thank you to those who responded helpfully and Soundninia, I hope you never find yourself in a situation where your child is allowed to be supervised by someone who is on drugs and is in the position they are because of failures on the part of the people you trusted to do their jobs when it comes to identifying people who pose risks to children prior to being allowed into those positions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: