U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 07:57 PM

3,823 posts, read 13,348,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGray74 View Post
I miss my wife whos in the Philippines right now for a vacation and Im left here in San Diego (job call). Been calling her but it really costs me much. I also tried texting her but its still heavy even with my international plan. Tried also Chikka but it cost her much to text me back. Whats the best way to text between the US and the Philippines without both of us spending much? Please help.
If she's going to be there for awhile, why not write letters? Sounds old fashioned but that is what I used to do when stationed overseas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2010, 03:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,876 times
Glady's and Ellen, I am looking for someone to hang around with during my free time. Email me when you get a chance.

Old 10-02-2010, 09:34 PM

2,790 posts, read 5,169,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadlockd View Post
Hope that helps.
Thank you, Dreadlockd and Steel Man for your help!

Old 10-06-2010, 01:51 PM

2 posts, read 6,573 times
Wink Kumusta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glady View Post
Hello everybody,

Does anybody know where I can find Filipino or Fil-Am communities here in San Antonio? I have been here for a year and 7 days in this city since I arrived and I only met few friends. I really want to meet new friends even if not Filipino or Fil-am. I feel so boring at home and not working at this time because I have a baby.

Thank you.

Glady
I'm sure you're missing tsikahan especially food, my family own and operated a small catering business its called KKs pls. chech us or email back for more info, we love to eat pinoy foods and my friends too, and we started this small venture.
if u wanna check photos or tsikahan get back k

Old 10-07-2010, 12:49 AM

4 posts, read 9,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.time View Post
Glady's and Ellen, I am looking for someone to hang around with during my free time. Email me when you get a chance.

Hello. This is Amor. Email me at amor_1966@yahoo.com if you would like to hang out.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:54 AM

4 posts, read 9,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
If she's going to be there for awhile, why not write letters? Sounds old fashioned but that is what I used to do when stationed overseas.

Try Skype if you have computer. No charge if you are both using Skype.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:44 PM

7 posts, read 10,954 times
Hello Steel Man and all -- I need to come out to New Braunfels for training and will stay at B&B Gruene Mansion Inn since it's the closest to where I'm training at. I'm taking my 3 year old daughter, husband, parents with me as I dont' like traveling alone. They will hang out and relax while I train for 4 days! How are Filipinos or Asians treated in New Braunfels or Texas in general? We are coming out from the Bay Area (San Francisco, CA) and here it's very diverse and we do like it a lot this way. Also what would you guys recommend for restaurants and things to do especially for my little toddler.

I look forward to hearing from all!

Cheers!
Lina

Quote:
Pearl of the Orient Filipino Market (Hwy 90 access road just east of Military Drive) should have lumpia wrappers. I always get the chore of separating the wrappers...very thin and tear easy! My wife makes great lumpia with meat inside!

Old 10-16-2010, 10:14 PM

3,823 posts, read 13,348,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colors632 View Post
Hello Steel Man and all -- I need to come out to New Braunfels for training and will stay at B&B Gruene Mansion Inn since it's the closest to where I'm training at. I'm taking my 3 year old daughter, husband, parents with me as I dont' like traveling alone. They will hang out and relax while I train for 4 days! How are Filipinos or Asians treated in New Braunfels or Texas in general? We are coming out from the Bay Area (San Francisco, CA) and here it's very diverse and we do like it a lot this way. Also what would you guys recommend for restaurants and things to do especially for my little toddler.

I look forward to hearing from all!

Cheers!
Lina
Kumusta ka Lina,

First of all, welcome to Texas. Gruene is a good place to stay and you're at the beginning of the beautiful Texas Hill Country. Make sure you rent a van so that everyone can go sightseeing. If you have a GPS instrument, be sure to bring one in case you get lost. You're not to far from Canyon Lake, Natural Bridge Caverns, and Landa Park (New Braunfels). Here is a good thread with many pictures of the surrounding area provided by gy2020 (thanks gy2020!):

http://www.city-data.com/forum/2760862-post1.html

Filipinos are treated well and you should have no trouble blending in. Here is an interesting local Filipino website I found:

Welcome to Filipino-American Virtual Community in Texas

Old 10-22-2010, 11:19 PM

Thank you so much Steel Man! This is very helpful!

All the best,
Lina

Old 10-22-2010, 11:22 PM

Quote:
I agree ... the old fashion snail mail or hand written letters is the best way.. if not, try rebtel - we've been using it for a while. or invest on a computer so you can chat endlessly (video chat or text chat or even voice chat..)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio