U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-05-2008, 08:18 PM

99,374 posts, read 26,328,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetie Pie View Post
Do you remember the Christian "Righters" trying to convince everyone standing in line that the band were devil worshippers, and trying to admonish all the parents for bringing their children to such an evil, godlees event??

Who was playing ?? The Cowsill's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 09:36 PM

15,921 posts, read 4,759,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetscenes View Post
KISS at the Freeman coliseum in 77 or 78 (I think). SA was such a meca for heavy metal back in the day. Never realized it when I was a kid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
Who was playing ?? The Cowsill's
Keep up Tx!! Take another hit..........of fresh air!!!

Old 11-05-2008, 10:04 PM

99,374 posts, read 26,328,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetie Pie View Post
Keep up Tx!! Take another hit..........of fresh air!!!
Kiss !! Joe Freeman Coliseum?? Not right after the Rodeo I hope!! Did Gene Simmons unroll his tongue and let it hit the ground?? Yuckers!!!

Old 11-05-2008, 10:35 PM

15,921 posts, read 4,759,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
Kiss !! Joe Freeman Coliseum?? Not right after the Rodeo I hope!! Did Gene Simmons unroll his tongue and let it hit the ground?? Yuckers!!!
I saw them at the Arena in '79. And I spent most the time outside smoking, cuz it was too freaking loud!!!!

Old 11-16-2008, 12:32 AM

1 posts, read 1,327 times
Back in the mid 80's,i saw Iron Maiden in concert,it was their Powerslave tour,I took a tab of LSD Named"Purple Dragon"I fried Very good,no flashbacks,no bad triping,just a clean fry.

Old 12-11-2008, 11:48 AM

38 posts, read 63,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGFISHER1884 View Post
Hi, my name is John (Hop) King and I was in a band called "Rocksand" in San Antonio way back when and we opened for "It's a Beautiful Day", "John Mayall", Quicksilver Messenger Service", and the "Grateful Dead". Of course no one thought of taking any pictures and I am desperately trying to find some. We were too busy to remember to get anyone to take any. If you know of any I will pay big bucks for them, especially if there are any of us. You can call me at 512-789-5404. I'll share a cute little stroy with you about that concert. The morning of the concert we all (Rocksand) went down to Hemisfair Arena to see the Dehi Sound System and all that was going on with the set-up. Most of the guys in Rocksand had been playing for years and years in other bands and I was a neophite and I'd never been inside Hemisfair Arena before and when we opened the door to the arena I just stopped there in awe and fear while the other guys in the band went up on stage and were talking to the set up crew. I was standing there thinking, "oh ****, what have I gotten myself into", when the door next to me opened and this pretty gal stepped through and when she saw me just standing there with my mouth open she said, "Why are you standing all the way back here by yourself for", and I wanted to say "Because I'm waiting for you", but I didn't, and then I told her my situation, that I was just used to playing small venues and she said, "Hell, don't worry about that, once you start playing it will be about 100 times more fun than anyplace you have ever played. About halfway through our first song I thought back about what she had said and realized that she was right, we finished out set and then "it's a Beautiful Day" came on and she was the lead singer.
Hopper, her name was Pattie Santos. Unfortunately, she was killed in a car accident on Dec. 14, 1989 in California. She was only 40 years old.

Old 12-11-2008, 12:07 PM

472 posts, read 1,223,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenotbgood1968 View Post
Back in the mid 80's,i saw Iron Maiden in concert,it was their Powerslave tour,I took a tab of LSD Named"Purple Dragon"I fried Very good,no flashbacks,no bad triping,just a clean fry.
Awesome! Has anyone noticed that there is no more acid?

Old 12-11-2008, 12:24 PM

843 posts, read 1,823,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenotbgood1968 View Post
Iron Maiden re-released their home video "live after death" on dvd, and it includes a 20 minute interview with iron Maiden while stading in front of the alamo. this was around 1983, and it also includes live footage from the convention center arena.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:18 PM

2,313 posts, read 1,868,652 times
Blue Oyster Cult at the Sunken Gardens...maybe around '86? It rained the whole time.......good times!

Old 12-12-2008, 09:48 AM

64 posts, read 198,198 times
Elvis Presley’s first San Antonio concert was on January 15, 1956 at the Municipal Auditorium. While I wanted to go, for some reason that escapes me now, I didn't make it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio