Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 01:48 PM

941 posts, read 1,914,766 times

Advertisements

I have ran into a unfortunate situation these past few months. Late last year my daughter had a fall in a tumbling class in her school. I can't get into specifics but can say the school handled it HORRIBLY and unethically. I took her to the doctors the next days as she couldn't get out of bed.

Well as many know doctors aren't much help for back problems but she seemed ok so I just let it go. Now these past few weeks she is always complaining her back hurts. I know she needs to see a chiropractor but haven't been to one here. When I look nothing catches my attention, just names everywhere. The few I called are speedy and take insurance but seem to still be spendy with insurance. Still, at this point I just need to get her seen. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2015, 02:01 PM

136 posts, read 225,165 times
Depending on how bad her symptoms are, you may consider trying to get her an MRI first to rule out any serious injury before having her spine manipulated. That can possibly make things worse if the actual cause of her pain is unknown. I don't think it's fair to say that Doctors don't do anything for back pain. Typically back pain will be treated conservatively if it's thought to be minor or muscular in nature. It's up to you to follow up and seek further diagnostic treatment if the condition doesn't improve with initial treatment. Physical Therapy may be necessary as well. Good luck.

Old 02-06-2015, 02:15 PM

Thank you for the advice. I only say that as I had a long time of back pain in my life and never has a doctor done anything but prescribe me meds and performed an X-ray. I should of stated that in terms of regular back pain, not in terms of a broken back or anything related. I have had family who had back surgery, which of course a doctor is needed. For me personally, and others I know, chiropractors have served a better purpose, but I had great ones who were recommended to me. I don't know any here in SA.

I may schedule another doctor appt. though for MRI. Thanks.

Old 02-06-2015, 02:19 PM

The thing is when injury happened she was fine. Next day she couldn't walk. Took her to doctor, they prescribe her ibuprofen, to take it easy. Since then (Nov.) she occasionally complained of back hurting. Now, she is always complaining.

Old 02-06-2015, 03:15 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,555,745 times
I would take her to her pediatrician, who may want to refer her to an orthopedist.

Old 02-06-2015, 04:17 PM

448 posts, read 813,162 times
I highly recommend the doctors at Airrosti Rehab. I have several large disc herniations from workplace injury. I saw a traditional chiropractor for several months and made long, slow improvement. Then I had a flare up that was so bad I struggled to walk. I was bed ridden for a few days. Traditional chiro just wanted to keep doing the same ole, same ole just more frequently. Sent me to a traditional doctor for pain meds. That's when I switched doctors. I heard about Airrosti from another friend so I went in for a free evaluation. Within a couple of visits to Airrosti my pain was mostly gone.

To be clear, they didn't 'heal' me, I still have some bad herniations and they bother me still sometimes. But I've never been in that same "pain so bad I can't walk" situation - or even near it. My last appointment was probably a year... almost a year and half ago. I'll probably go back in periodically for maintenance and up keep, but they definitely don't want to keep you coming back month after month like a traditional chiropractor. The Airrosti doctor charged about 3x as much as the traditional chiropractor saw me 4x as long and didn't want to stop, while the Airrosti doctor saw me a handful of times and discharged me. It was an incredibly positive experience - which is something I can't say I've ever said about an experience with the medical industry.

Old 02-06-2015, 05:30 PM

9,851 posts, read 13,696,195 times
I second Airrosti. I've been there for several different issues, primarily to deal with my legs but I know people that have been there for their backs. Airrosti will assess an reccomend CTs, MRIs, etc later down the road if after your 4/5 sessions don't seem to be working. They are located throughout the city and all of them are fabulous. My doctor is in the Castle Hills area. I last saw her maybe September/October so if you have any questions let me know (side note my PCP is in the same office and I saw my Airrosti doctor take back a teenager). Good luck!

Old 02-06-2015, 05:32 PM

443 posts, read 954,623 times
I'll tell you truthfully that I never placed much stock in chiropracty. However, my son is a swimmer and developed a problem with his shoulder that was causing him much pain. A physical therapist gave him exercises which helped, but didn't cure the problem. Two of his old coaches both recommended a chiropractor off Stone Oak, so we gave him a try.

He correctly attributed the problem the same as the doctor, but offered different reasoning. After the first treatment there was soreness, but a definite improvement. After two more, he's back to building up his yardage. He is still doing the stretching exercises, but he immediately noticed freer movement in his shoulder. I was most impressed by the fact that I could feel his trapezius muscle was now relaxed. I had always figured it was as tight as it was due to him being an athlete.

The doctor is David A. Kling. He operates off Stone Oak at 225 East Sonterra Blvd., Ste. 113, (210) 493-9119.

This has been an ongoing problem for the past year and it seems he is now moving past it.

Old 02-07-2015, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoAngel View Post
I highly recommend the doctors at Airrosti Rehab. I have several large disc herniations from workplace injury. I saw a traditional chiropractor for several months and made long, slow improvement. Then I had a flare up that was so bad I struggled to walk. I was bed ridden for a few days. Traditional chiro just wanted to keep doing the same ole, same ole just more frequently. Sent me to a traditional doctor for pain meds. That's when I switched doctors. I heard about Airrosti from another friend so I went in for a free evaluation. Within a couple of visits to Airrosti my pain was mostly gone.

To be clear, they didn't 'heal' me, I still have some bad herniations and they bother me still sometimes. But I've never been in that same "pain so bad I can't walk" situation - or even near it. My last appointment was probably a year... almost a year and half ago. I'll probably go back in periodically for maintenance and up keep, but they definitely don't want to keep you coming back month after month like a traditional chiropractor. The Airrosti doctor charged about 3x as much as the traditional chiropractor saw me 4x as long and didn't want to stop, while the Airrosti doctor saw me a handful of times and discharged me. It was an incredibly positive experience - which is something I can't say I've ever said about an experience with the medical industry.
Wow, that is interesting, thanks! Will look into it.

Old 02-07-2015, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion View Post
I'll tell you truthfully that I never placed much stock in chiropracty. However, my son is a swimmer and developed a problem with his shoulder that was causing him much pain. A physical therapist gave him exercises which helped, but didn't cure the problem. Two of his old coaches both recommended a chiropractor off Stone Oak, so we gave him a try.

He correctly attributed the problem the same as the doctor, but offered different reasoning. After the first treatment there was soreness, but a definite improvement. After two more, he's back to building up his yardage. He is still doing the stretching exercises, but he immediately noticed freer movement in his shoulder. I was most impressed by the fact that I could feel his trapezius muscle was now relaxed. I had always figured it was as tight as it was due to him being an athlete.

The doctor is David A. Kling. He operates off Stone Oak at 225 East Sonterra Blvd., Ste. 113, (210) 493-9119.

This has been an ongoing problem for the past year and it seems he is now moving past it.
Thanks, I will check them out is close to where I live too....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio