U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 03:41 PM

483 posts, read 1,120,799 times

Advertisements

Hey, different strokes for different folks. I don't recall that I've ever taken 59 all the way through H-town, but I agree that CE is quite impressive. It's probably the first and only time that I've driven through Dallas and gone "wowwwww", instead of "man, this traffic sucks!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2008, 03:52 PM

2,703 posts, read 343,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
Come on Guerilla, 59 isn't even in the same league as CE in Dallas. I know you're a strong Houston jocker and what not but come on you can't be serious. Though that is of course your opinion and you are most certainly entitled to it but when I lived in Houston there was not one time when I was driving that stretch of 59 that the design or aesthetics wow'd me or impressed me. I mean,. the white arched bridges are kind of cool but that's it. The ivy along the the walls was just that, ivy along the walls. I've seen boulders placed in medians in Nevada, I've seen art work on walls in other states. The segments of 1604 in far north SA that run through craved limestone beat out 59's Ivy walls.
I meant to say the best out of SA's new bridge/expansion and the one in Houston. And what is with the name calling?

Also, you lived in Houston before it was complete. It was your opinion to say that 35 in SA may surpass the CE in Dallas. What is the serious need to knock my opinion the way you did and give examples of freeways that I think aren't better?

Old 01-12-2008, 03:57 PM

925 posts, read 109,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla View Post
I meant to say the best out of SA's new bridge/expansion and the one in Houston. And what is with the name calling?
In my opinion the 35 design is much better than Houston's 59 inside the 610 Loop. And what name did I call you?

Quote:
Also, you lived in Houston before it was complete.
I've gone back since leaving to visit friends.

Old 01-12-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
In my opinion the 35 design is much better than Houston's 59 inside the 610 Loop. And what name did I call you?
A Houston jocker. Describe it.

Quote:
I've gone back since leaving to visit friends.
SA (from the thread you posted; I-35 & Walters Street Improvements; Including Walters Street Bridge Renderings
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/7192/waltersoverpasslp1.png (broken link)

Houston:

(Greenery hasn't grown in):

Dallas (it should be noted that they have taken the greenery in the middle away):
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d7/DSCN4918.JPG/800px-DSCN4918.JPG (broken link)

Old 01-12-2008, 04:14 PM

925 posts, read 109,728 times
Quote:
A Houston jocker. Describe it.
A Houston booster. Jocker is just a play on the word jockey. I'm puzzled as to why you think I called you a name.

Quote:
SA (from the thread you posted; I-35 & Walters Street Improvements; Including Walters Street Bridge Renderings
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/7192/waltersoverpasslp1.png (broken link)

Houston:

(Greenery hasn't grown in):

Dallas (it should be noted that they have taken the greenery in the middle away):
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d7/DSCN4918.JPG/800px-DSCN4918.JPG (broken link)
So one is to base their judgment on four pictures and two renderings? FYI, I've seen better freeways in the SoCal/LA area that are far and away better than 59. If you disagree, that fine. Again, I still think the white arched bridges are cool.

Old 01-12-2008, 04:40 PM

Yeah, there are freeways in SoCal that blow away the Central Expressway in Dallas. I love the freeways out there. It is like you are on a dream with the mountain views and extensive greenery on the freeways. Hell, I think the colorful freeways in El Paso are better than 1604 in SA.

All in all, Austin has bad traffic and the freeways there need upgrading. The designs on the freeway columns are nice there though.

Old 01-12-2008, 06:44 PM

378 posts, read 949,263 times
Well SA has a bigger nightlife but it's more spread out While Austin's nightlife is smaller but more concentrated in the 6th street downtown area. If it's Latin flavor you want then no other city can compare to SA also with the prices of the houses which is cheaper then Austin so in my opinion SA will be your best bet.

Old 01-12-2008, 09:59 PM

483 posts, read 1,120,799 times
Quote:
Is this picture supposed to be CE in Dallas?? I could swear that's the Williams Tower in the background, and if it's not then I don't know of any building in Dallas that looks like that.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:48 PM

I am not seeing the resemblance actually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio