Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 07:54 PM

222 posts, read 703,792 times

Advertisements

The neighbors that we've been having such a hard time with just moved! The property manager ripped into them all last Thursday and told me about it on Friday. They made it pretty apparent that they knew we'd contacted her (stupid remarks, etc) after they got chewed out. All of a sudden there was a lot of commotion on Friday evening and we saw tons of their friends coming and going. I got a few more ugly comments tossed my way here and there but nothing too harsh compared to some of what we've been through with them. Anyway, my daughter was staying with a friend for the weekend so it was nothing that bothered us too much. Last night they loaded up a truck and took off and we wondered what was going on because it looked like they were all packing stuff up. We didn't get excited because we thought maybe some of their "extra buddies" who were living there were finally taking off. Today they showed up, packed up the rest of the stuff and a moving van came for the rest of their things.

It was pretty funny because friday night they were complaining to some friends about how they "can't park in the street because of the stupid HOA" but they were giving them a hard time about parking in their grass. Then she says "If we were WHITE it would be ok to park in the grass". She also said that they treated them like they weren't property owners and they WERE (I felt like I leaked a little bit of smart out of one of my ears just having listened to that statement).

One thing my husband was quick to point out was that he thinks the management company and the landlord let them out of the lease. They were very adamant (The tenants) about not having been told about the HOA and the regulations involved with living here. The property manager SWEARS they gave them to her but I don't believe her. I think they figured it was no big deal and didn't clue them in at all. They also didn't check references and did NOT have a clause in the lease stating that they could evict for bad behavior. Fabulous management company if you ask me. They do know better now, though.

On top of that, our residents down the street who had managed to pack about four families into one house finally left. They left a HUGE mess behind though. It's worse than some of what you see on the morning of brush collection!!!

I'm stumped. . .why do you steal a screen door but leave bikes a car, tvs, etc? They ARE gone. . . the house was getting "looted" this morning. We had to call the police because the people coming through here were SCARY! Now that they're gone, our street (given that this mess is cleaned up soon) will be back to normal. I'm still kind of in shock. . I honestly can't believe it! I'm so excited about waking up tomorrow morning and not seeing cars in the grass across the street and fast food garbage everywhere! No more worrying about drug deals or "dealer fights" anymore either.

I just feel sorry for whoever they're moving closer to.

Last edited by DigginHouseVibez; 08-03-2008 at 08:39 PM.. Reason: gnarly little grammatical errors
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 07:59 PM

486 posts, read 1,109,530 times
wohoo Im so happy for you

Old 08-03-2008, 08:01 PM

14,637 posts, read 34,872,045 times
Congratulations, but be careful. And I wouldn't feel sorry for their new neighbors--chances are good that they are going somewhere with like-minded individuals. However, if they show up in my neighborhood, I'm comin' to get you! Luckily my cul-de-sac is settled--all homeowners except on our immediate right, and they have been excellent tenants. They even have a teenaged boy, and he's decent and respectful.

Again--congratulations!

Old 08-03-2008, 09:44 PM

778 posts, read 2,491,906 times
Great news for you - congrats. Bad news for the next neighbor.

Old 08-03-2008, 09:56 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,328,871 times
Congratulations! I just hope whoever moves in will treat the property (and the neighbors) with some respect.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:12 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,731,971 times
That's awesome, congratulations!

My guess is the other house was foreclosed on.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:39 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,798,685 times
see, patience and persistence do pay off.

Old 08-04-2008, 01:41 AM

269 posts, read 742,801 times
Great News!!!!

Old 08-04-2008, 10:08 AM

91 posts, read 259,329 times
WOW! good news.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:18 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,298,255 times
Hey Dig....I came in sort of late to get a picture of all the drama that has been going on in your neighborhood. Life is not fun when your own home is surrounded by constant turmoil. Good news that things are looking up for you. Sending you positive thoughts for good neighbors to move in!~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio